TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers for this Thursday

This is the part of the angle I don't get, and it's Russo / creative's fault. Why on earth would I support a bad-ass turned whiner, a guy who for reasons I'm not quite sure of was turned into a jobber comedy character with a stupid Karen Angle storyline in late 2007 / early 2008, a lunatic, another lunatic who thinks he's Randy Savage and was the bitch of his crappy relationship with a girl he should have dumped, and a guy who thinks he's Apollo Creed over 5 cool guys who are awesome and always win?

We have a winner! I don't anyone could have summed this up better than Venkman on why the TNA Originals have no support from the fans.

Is it me or does Bubba Freakin' Ray do a better job on commentary in five minutes than Tenay and West combined do for the entire show? He puts himself and Devon over, he admits to the talents of other teams whilst still putting 3D over as better, he calls some moves and he explains basic wrestling psychology while West goes 'OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WHAT A MOVE!' about armdrags, and Tenay takes some sort of ludicrous moral high ground on Roode's haircut, or something.

They have a lot of options as to who they can add to the Originals to make them more on MEM's level. LAX isn't doing much..they should bring them in but split them up. Hernandez is super over and could be a big singles star. Homocide can compete for the X-divison title. I don't know what kind of shape he's in but, Bringing in Jerry Lynn could be interesting idea for something short-term. And they definitly should work out a contract with Tomko and have him join the TNA Originals.

Tenay commentates like the audience is blind.

Kurt Angle: I'm GONNA BREAK YOUR ANKLE JEFF

Tenay: OH MY GOD ANGLE JUST SAID HE"S GONNA BREAK JEFF JARRETTS ANKLE HOW WILL JARRETT RESPOND HERE IN HD ON IMPACT ON SPIKE TV

Every silent moment is filled with something. Even when the wrestlers are coming out he keeps talking, when they're talking to one another Tenay is still talking and when JB is interviewing somebody back stage he's still talking. All he needs to say is ITS JIM CORNETTE FROM TNA MANAGEMENT or ITS MICK FOLEY THE EXECUTIVE SHAREHOLDER when they come out rather than say AND HES COMING OUT TO SAY SOMETHING after it. We already know that Mike. Once they make the announcement, instead of saying WOW DID YOU HEAR WHAT HE JUST SAID Tenay has to add HE JUST MADE A MATCH TONIGHT HERE IN HIGH DEFINITION ON IMPACT ON SPIKE TV AND ITS GONNA BE GREAT.

Yeah, the constant wall of blaring noise is a huge detriment - it really hit me when Foley first came out to the Impact Zone. They built it up as this big moment...and then Tenay seemingly rattled off Foley's entire career history in the time it took him to walk from the entrance tunnel to the ring while yelling OH WHAT A MOMENT THIS IS!!!!! - stopping a nanosecond before Foley started speaking. So instead of having a possible great moment in Foley's debut, it was just yet another instance of Tenay yelling...for some reason. I really can't figure out why, either, because it never gets things over and just gets in the way of whatever goal they're trying to accomplish.

The main problem is West and Tenay are reading from scripts. Tenay is good enough to not need one, and West, as bad as he is, is at least tolerable without a script. See early shows for proof of this. TNA needs to let them go on their own.

The main problem is West and Tenay are reading from scripts. Tenay is good enough to not need one, and West, as bad as he is, is at least tolerable without a script. See early shows for proof of this. TNA needs to let them go on their own.

Yeah, from watching early TNA shows back from 2002-03, Tenay and West weren't annoying at all, so it has to be scripts or someone telling them to yell and scream all the time. I wonder who's idea it was to have them do that?

Yeah, from watching early TNA shows back from 2002-03, Tenay and West weren't annoying at all, so it has to be scripts or someone telling them to yell and scream all the time. I wonder who's idea it was to have them do that?

TV networks? Jarrett? Because TNA had no TV deals from 02-03.