St. Louis at San Francisco

Arizona at Seattle

San Diego at Pittsburgh

SNF

Dallas at Washington

Football on Monday night

Cleveland at Buffalo

NY Jets at New England

Denver at Atlanta - I can't quite put my finger on why I think Denver's going to win now. Maybe the little extra rest from ten days off. They also had a big win over Cleveland, and I think that keeps them one step ahead (figuratively, not just in the standings) of the potentially surging Chargers.

Houston at Indianapolis - Indy's definitely back on track; Houston's played them tough the last few games, but I like Indy this week.

Tennessee at Jacksonville - Jacksonville's definitely better than their record. Doesn't matter.

Oakland at Miami

Baltimore at NY Giants - Close, but the Giants are still the cream of the crop.

Detroit at Carolina - Shaky in their win over Oakland, but it's still Detroit.

Philadelphia at Cincinnati

Chicago at Green Bay

New Orleans at Kansas City - This one could go either way...the nail's definitely in New Orlean's coffin if they lose.

Minnesota at Tampa Bay

Arizona at Seattle

San Diego at Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh could have definitely won Sunday, but I'm still iffy on a questionable Rothlisberger/Leftwich start. I think San Diego's in good shape.

Dallas at Washington - A returning Romo gives Dallas enough boost and momentum to avenge their Week 3 loss.

Cleveland at Buffalo - Cleveland's gotta be starting to doubt themselves a bit. Buffalo can breathe a little easier being at home and not playing a divisional game, and despite the losing streak, are still only game out of the division lead.

Predictions~!

Thursday night game no one can watch

NY Jets at New England: This is insanely tough to call. For whatever reason though I can't see the Jets getting swept by the Patriots this year. NYJ by 4.

Early

Denver at Atlanta: Denver looks like bullshit quite honestly, leading the AFC West with a -27 differential. Matt Ryan will have a field day on that D. Falcons by 14.

Houston at Indianapolis: Colts are still in must win mode and I expect them to beat the Texans a bit easier this time. Colts by 8.

Tennessee at Jacksonville: Who knows with Jacksonville. They have the ability to hand the Titans their first loss, but until the Titans show otherwise I'll pick them. Titans by 7.

Oakland at Miami: Miami staggered to a win over Seattle last week and I think the Raiders will keep it semi close. Dolphins by 6.

Baltimore at NY Giants: Ravens are playing great right now but so are the Giants and since it's at NYG I'll take the G-Men by 10.

Detroit at Carolina: Oakland? Detroit? Carolina is getting a beneficial schedule here. Delhomme will play better this week though. Carolina by 17.

Philadelphia at Cincinnati: The Eagles are a puzzling team but surely they can stomp the Bengals even in Cincy. Philly by 13.

Chicago at Green Bay: Not sure if Orton or Grossman will be starting but either way the Packers simply can't afford to lose this one at home. Green Bay by 3.

New Orleans at Kansas City: The Chiefs are getting closer and closer to winning and I think this is the week they finally get it done against a struggling Saints team. KC by 2.

Minnesota at Tampa Bay: For whatever reason I am just not buying the Vikings. Tampa will limit Peterson a bit and Frerotte will panic and start throwing INTs. Tampa by 8.

Late

St. Louis at San Francisco: Niners got insanely close to winning at Arizona and this is a good time to get Singletary that first win. SF by 10.

Arizona at Seattle: The Cardinals flat out need to win this game given the hard ones they have left. Warner will go for another 300 yards and 3 TDs. Arizona by 12.

San Diego at Pittsburgh: This one looked better on paper at the beginning of the season. Chargers don't seem to fare all that well on the road this year, so I'll take the Steelers to figure out a way to win here by 7.

SNF

Dallas at Washington: Toughest game of the week to call, since who knows what Romo will be like coming back from injury. Dallas is in flat out must win territory and to be honest the Redskins just seem vaguely fradulent to me. Cowboys by 3.

Football on Monday night

Cleveland at Buffalo: Okay, the Bills have tanked badly once division play started but since this game isn't in the division they'll probably win. Buffalo by 5.

Does the Atlanta game being on CBS mean that there's no way I'm getting the Tampa game on Fox? If so, FUCK YOU NFL. Goddamnit, this shit is so stupid. People like games, right? Then why not let them watch games? It makes no sense.

I live in the Atlanta market, you see. Soon to be moving into the Seawhats market, which is a real move down this year. And with Washington and Washington State, too! Oh, my. Such terrible football.

Brady Quinn isn't a rookie, but I dig what you're saying. I'd actually really love to see the Bills in the playoffs for some reason, so I hope they snap out of it and start winning.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Vitals games for both of my teams this week. I'm also very very much in favor of Tampa Bay winning at home.

Total WTF on monday night, though. Browns/Bills? Puke.

I came in here to say that I really hate the saying "This is a must-win game... (team) by (score)." The Super Bowls are must win games but someone always gotta lose those. Just because something is a must win for a team, doesn't mean they always rise to that occasion.

That said, phooey to Cabbageboy's seemingly anti-Porter predictions once again; Chicago 31, Green Bay 24 with Orton but Green Bay 38, Chicago 17 with Grossman.

I read last night that Cadillac Williams might be added to Tampa's active roster in the next couple of days. This would cap a pretty amazing comeback from a really horrific injury, as well as giving the Bucs a little extra pop in the running game. Lord knows we've needed it some weeks.

A must win game is one where if a team wants to have ANY sort of chance to make the playoffs or go anywhere, they better win that game. Aren't the Packers facing a must win against the Bears this weekend? If Chicago wins then they are up 2 games in that division on Green Bay, with the Packers yet to visit Soldier Field.

Ditto Dallas/Washington...if the Cowboys can't win that they fall to 5-5 and likely last place. They would be screwed.

What horrific injury did Cadillac suffer?

Something with his ankle, I think. Watching the game, it was obvious that he was badly hurt. His leg was bent in a very unnatural position and Steve Smith was jumping up and down, pleading for some medical attention for the guy. Rumor had it that he would never play again. I don't know that it would rate all that high on the Theismann scale, but for a running back an injury like that can be pretty bad news.

If the Jets win on Thursday, the odds of them making the playoffs suddenly get really, really good. If they lose, they've gotta beat Tennessee in Nashville to keep said odds from disappearing almost altogether. As weak as their last five games are I don't see them winning more than four of them and I don't think ten wins is going to cut it.

So, yeah. Kinda important.

A must win game is one where if a team wants to have ANY sort of chance to make the playoffs or go anywhere, they better win that game. Aren't the Packers facing a must win against the Bears this weekend? If Chicago wins then they are up 2 games in that division on Green Bay, with the Packers yet to visit Soldier Field.

Ditto Dallas/Washington...if the Cowboys can't win that they fall to 5-5 and likely last place. They would be screwed.

I understand what you're going for. I just don't agree with that being used as the reason why a team WILL win or not. Because like I said, teams don't always do what they are supposed to do.

I understand what you're going for. I just don't agree with that being used as the reason why a team WILL win or not. Because like I said, teams don't always do what they are supposed to do.

In broad stroke theory all games are Must win... games, they help or hurt your record.

The Steelers jumped in on the latest craze and followed up the signings of DeAngelo Hall and Ty Law by picking up Fernando Bryant. I guess Deshea Townsend may or may not be going on IR soon. That team will never stop losing starters to injury.

What horrific injury did Cadillac suffer?

His ankle turned in a way it's not supposed to turn. It's pretty amazing he is coming back (hopefully).

Big games for Tampa and the Ravens this week, hope they can both win.

Must win doesn't mean will win, it means must win. As in "must win this game or you're screwed." You know, 31 teams end up getting screwed in the end, like you said.

Guest Israeli Mixed Wrestling

This a must-win game for the Packers. Bears by 3. Ortman's comin' back to save the day. Kyle Orton, bringing joy, to tri-state area girls and boys. First he's mocked, now he's feared, he likes to wear a patchy beard.

NY Jets at New England

I hope BenJarvus Green-Ellis becomes a huge star. Best name in football, bar none. Plus,

he's on my fantasy team

. As for this game, I think New England takes it. They're the better team and it's in Foxboro.

Denver at Atlanta

Atlanta showed last week that they can give up a ton of passing yards to a prolific offense and still win. See no reason why this game won't play out the same. Falcons by 10.

Houston at Indianapolis

Houston just can't get anything going and the Colts are starting to get their shit together. I'll take Indy.

Tennessee at Jacksonville

I actually like the Jaguars to win this one. Collins will throw a few picks and the Jags offense will capitalize.

Oakland at Miami

Boy, Miami is getting fat on these marshmallows right now. Is it inconceivable to think that they could win their division? Dolphins all the way here.

Baltimore at NY Giants

Hmm. Good matchup here. The Ravens are coming in hot and the Giants just played a tough intradivision game. Still, I like the Giants to keep rolling in this one.

Detroit at Carolina

The Panthers should crush Detroit. Carolina is another team that only ever seems to play garbage teams.

Philadelphia by 30. They always beat up on shitty teams.

Chicago at Green Bay

I loves me some Ortman here. Matt Forte should have a big day, too. Bears win a close one.

New Orleans at Kansas City

My mild upset special. KC has been flirting with winning all of these games recently and I think they'll finally break through in this one.

Minnesota at Tampa Bay

I'm sure I'll post a million times about this in the coming week. The short version is that I like Tampa to win.

Mike Singletary gets his first win as a head coach.

Arizona at Seattle

Seattle is fucking awful. Cards by 20.

San Diego at Pittsburgh

I'm not a believer in San Diego. The Steelers should expose them here.

Dallas at Washington

Hmm. Romo returns, but it's at Washington. Portis should have a field day. 'Skins win.

Cleveland at Buffalo

Buffalo gets back on track at home. Cleveland is officially done.

I think the Jets defense matches up really well with the Patriots offense, although missing David Harris will hurt them. A sack happy d-line should rattle a guy like Matt Cassell (this is the biggest game he's ever played in, really) and Darrelle Revis should do a great job on Randy Moss (he did last time, even in a loss). Also, BenJarvus Green-Ellis can't be good until he gets a real fucking name.

Guest Israeli Mixed Wrestling

"Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis" has the cadence of a Hotbutter Spoontoaster account. I'm 30% sure someone banned Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis as a PBP two years ago.

"Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis" has the cadence of a Hotbutter Spoontoaster account. I'm 30% sure someone banned Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis as a PBP two years ago.

Pretty sure it was a Leena account sometime late last year.

Portis has a sprained MCL. He is questionable for the game Sunday :(

Assuming he plays and is healthy enough to be effective, I think the Redskins will win another close game. They just seem to matchup well with the Cowboys because they always seem to stop Barber and they have the secondary(especially now with Hall playing 3rd or 4th) to stop the passing attack.

A team like the Cowboys, with all their egos, might result in disaster when put in a "must win" situation. Not all teams win because it is a must-win. Some melt down, and the Cowboys seem like a good candidate for the latter.

Redskins 24

Cowboys 21

Oh, and if Portis doesn't play, or is too hurt to be effective, then I think the Redskins will lose.

Don't worry, Mike. I'm sure Santana Moss will inexplicably catch two 60+ yard TD's in the 4th quarter to spark a late comeback victory. That little shithead always does that to the Cowboys.

But, yeah. No Portis = Dallas win. Deangelo Hall's impact will be minimal either way though.

So Cadillac Williams was officially added to the active roster today. This is really good news, as it gives the Bucs three viable running backs to power what has been at times an almost non-existant running game. Of probably greater relevance to the upcoming Minnesota game is the improved condition of fullback B.J. Askew, who has been dearly missed over the last month. Although I guess you can't run against the Vikings, can you? Oh, well. Still great to see all of our guys getting healthy in time for the stretch run.

Thursday night game no one can watch

NY Jets at New England

Battle for AFC East lead....I will go with old QB and say Jets by 10.

Early

Denver at Atlanta

AFC West sucks, so ATL by 14

Houston at Indianapolis

Most years, this is a blow out, this year, is no different. Indy by 20.

Tennessee at Jacksonville

Last chance for an AFC South team to beat the Titans, but another win by 10.

Oakland at Miami

MIA by 13

Baltimore at NY Giants

I hope B'More wins but I just doubt it. NYG by 21

Detroit at Carolina

Not even Carolina could screw this up. 14 point win.

Philly wins this "pick up" game without effort. Win by 6 because they will show no effort.

Chicago at Green Bay

GB wins this one. Maybe by 7 possibly as low as 5.

New Orleans at Kansas City

Minnesota at Tampa Bay

Late

Crappy game, SF wins by 3.

Arizona at Seattle

Ugly game, Zona by 7

San Diego at Pittsburgh

This should be the Monday night game, then it wouldn't be such a crappy affair. But SD loses again to make the West more of a joke. Pitt by 17

SNF

Dallas at Washington

Dallas season is over if they lose. So they win by 3.

Football on Monday night

Cleveland at Buffalo

Ugh, won't watch this one, but Cleveland wins by 6.