TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 11

Did you say "This should be the Monday Night game, then it wouldn't be such a crappy game." then picked Pittsburgh by 17, and the actual MNF game by 6?

(Monday Night game should be Ravens/Giants if anything. 6-3 vs 8-1, and neither team can really feel super safe right now believe it or not.)

Thursday night game no one can watch

NY Jets at New England - Both are coming off pretty impressive wins, but I am starting to become a believer in Brett Favre and the Jets, so I'm taking the Jets here in a close game.

Early

Denver at Atlanta - Atlanta is one of the more suprising stories this year, and Matt Ryan is the front-runner for Rookie of the Year. I think their hotstreak has to end sometime, but I don't think it will be this week. Atlanta should win this one.

Houston at Indianapolis - This all depends on whether or not Indy has really turned it around. I think Indy continues their success and beats Houston by 10+

Tennessee at Jacksonville - If there was a inter-division team that could upset the Titans, I would say it's the Jags, however, I think the Jags continue to under-achieve and the Titans keep their undefeated season going.

Oakland at Miami - Although Oakland has a few wins, I don't see them beating an inspired Dolphins team. Maybe next year, the Lions will have a similar season. I mean, who would have thought the Dolphins would be a playoff contender and not to mention, have a real shot at winning their division?

Baltimore at NY Giants - I hate the Giants with just about every cell in my body, but they are a good football team. This is certainly a tough matchup for both sides, but as well as the Ravens have been playing, I don't see them beating the Giants. NY by 5

Detroit at Carolina - Carolina continues to beat up on bad teams, but I don't think Detroit goes down without a fight.

Philadelphia at Cincinnati - I don't see Philly playing very hard in this one, but I still think they get the win. It will probably be ugly though.

Chicago at Green Bay - Green Bay needs to win to keep their playoff hopes alive. I see Green Bay pulling out the win here and making the rest of the NFC a little more interesting.

New Orleans at Kansas City - I can honestly say that I jumped on the Saints bandwagon back in 2006, and it really did feel good cheering for them. Since then, they haven't performed to people's expectations but I think they realize how important this win is for their playoff hopes so I'll take the Saints in a beatdown.

Minnesota at Tampa Bay - I'm not sold on either team really, but I think Adrian Peterson has his way with the Bucs and gets his team the win.

Late

St. Louis at San Francisco - In a game that really doesn't mean anything, I think the Niners get Singletary his first win.

Arizona at Seattle - Arizona showed some weakness in their Monday night game against the Niners, although I still think they win here and basically cement their playoff spot.

San Diego at Pittsburgh - I think San Diego wins based on the fact that they know they can still make the playoffs considering how bad their division is.

SNF

Dallas at Washington - Dallas gets a lot of help back here, and I think they get the win here, but still show a lot of problems. Dallas knows that if they lose here, the road to the playoffs becomes a lot further away.

Football on Monday night

Cleveland at Buffalo - Buffalo has tanked in the last few weeks, but against a non-division team, I think they can pull out a win.

0-16 update:

Some people actually thought Detroit could catch a reeling Jacksonville team (coming off a loss to previously winless Cincy) at home, but once they got stomped on, everyone jumped off the ship and now 0-16 looks that much more likely. Remaining games:

@ Carolina-Nope. Big day for Williams and/or Stewart here.

Tampa-Lions did beat them at home last year but it took a lot of smoke and mirrors to do it. Tampa won't let them off the hook this time around.

Tennessee-HELL NO (although it would be a hell of a story if they pulled it off).

Minnesota-Probably the best chance for a win but A.P.'s due to have a monster game against Detroit (by Lions' standards, they've held him in check somewhat allowing 66, 116, and 111 in the previous 3 matchups)

@ Indy-Peyton could put up 500 yards in this one.

N.O.-Same goes for Brees.

@ G.B.-Favre's gone but it doesn't matter. Lions never win at Lambeau, especially during December plus the Packers will most likely have something to play for.

People need to come to terms with the fact that we'll all be watching Detroit and Tennessee on Thanksgiving. I mean, holy shit. There aren't even any other options. Everything is closed.

People need to come to terms with the fact that we'll all be watching Detroit and Tennessee on Thanksgiving. I mean, holy shit. There aren't even any other options. Everything is closed.

Sadly, that's still better than the afternoon Seattle/Dallas game.

If Detroit's going to shock anyone on that list, I think it will be New Orleans. Still, I think they'll go 0-16.

No, it's gonna be in a game Indy can't afford to lose and it knocks them out of playoff contention.

No. If the Lions win a game, it won't be on the road. It'll be either New Orleans or Minnesota. Minnesota is more likely as they aren't that good to begin with and the fat Williams twins ought to be suspended by then.

Detroit's beating Tennessee on thanksgiving. Mark it down.

I agree. Detroit always seem to play Thanksgiving games tougher than their norm for that season. Beating an overrated (yes, the GB and Chicago games showed me they are very much beatable against better opponents) Tennessee team would fall in line with what Detroit typically would do at this time of the year.

If Detroit gets a win it would likely be against Minnesota the 2nd time around. The problem with picking upset against New Orleans, Indy, whoever is that those teams actually have QBs that can put up yards and points. Minnesota is a team that can struggle to score at times and thus is a bit more vulnerable to lose 14-10.

I'm torn on whether to consider Carolina a bit of a fraud or not. They do have some solid wins on the season but those have all been at home (Chicago by 3, Arizona by 4, roughed up Atlanta the first time). Not sure if beating San Diego is a great win, but it's decent. Looking at the schedule I think they can win out at home against Detroit, get a payback win over Tampa, and also beat Denver. However, the road games are pretty tough the rest of the way: Atlanta, Green Bay, NYG, and New Orleans. At the end Carolina seems like an 11-5 type team, about what they were in 2003 and 05. The sort of team that might get the #2 seed and a bye, but then get waxed in the NFC title game.

Detroit's not a team that deserves their 0-9 record, though. They have some talent and have proven they can at least hang with good teams at times. Same with Kansas City being the best 1-8 team I've seen in a while. I think it's entirely possible Detroit can beat New Orleans. It's the NFL, anything can happen.

Guest Israeli Mixed Wrestling

I hope to make available to you later on, some audio of Tommie Harris and Lance Briggs being fucking nuts. Like homeless guy nuts.

I hope to make available to you later on, some audio of Tommie Harris and Lance Briggs being fucking nuts. Like homeless guy nuts.

Did B&B ever play the Briggs quote? I heard Zach hint at it but saying it had to be edited first, but I turned them off when they started replaying the Hendry interview.

Excellent. That's much better.

2 thoughts on this game:

1) Imagine how it must feel being an NFL corner and seeing the Jets go to the wildcat and having to cover Brett Favre. If you actually try to cover him it feels like a total waste of your effort, but if you let him go and he catches a pass then what happens?

2) How is it possible that the Patriots have a player named Jarvis Green and a player named BenJarvus Green-Ellis?