TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 11

I was rooting for the Bengals once Reid punted on the 4th and 1 with 1:30 left. You know you aren't getting the ball back if you punt it there and they still went ahead and just played for the tie.

I concur. And this isn't one of the cases of a "fan giving up on his team so he isn't a real fan" or anything like that. When you deal with it for as long as the Eagles have done it, it takes its toll. It's not just this season. The past three seasons have been exactly like this, and our only saving grace was Jeff Garcia. JEFF GARCIA. He single-handedly led us to the playoffs two years ago. I just wanted to see the Bengals end it and just embarrass us even more. Andy Reid continues to lie to the media and the fans week in and week out. For a city like Philadelphia, you can only last so long doing that while not succeeding. He did it when we were winning, and nobody had a problem with that. It's bullshit that people have a problem with it now. I've always hated how he did that, and now that the Eagles are pisspoor, only now do most people get mad. That's why I hate some Philly fans (not singling anyone out here, but most of the people I deal with day to day are like the ones I just described). Let's hope the Flyers can win tonight and the Sixers can turn around, because I'm sick of the media giving a pass to the Eagles because they're so damn popular. I'd like to hear what Howard Eskin has to say tomorrow, trying to give the Eagles the benefit of the doubt this time around.

It isn't even as much in the "fan-tanking" sense that I turned against them there. When you pull a puss move like that you flat out deserve to lose the game. I can not support that call or the coach who made it in the slightest.

"I got to put the players in a better position."

Here is one better position off the top of my head. A "better position" for Correll Buckhalter is to be on the field more with the ball in his hands. Wow, that was easy.

You pretty much have to win out to even think about making the playoffs now. And that is not happening. Maybe next year! When no changes are made and we have the same personnel, maybe with or without McNabb, but is Kolb really gonna take us to the playoffs? Maybe two years from now! With Westbrook's ability diminishing because we're wasting his talent. Maybe three years from now!

God only knows, but they have to start working Kolb into these games just to at least see what they have.

And they have to start working in Buckhalter for Westbrook some more, it is clear Westbrook is nowhere near 100% and at some point you do have to start thinking about just getting him right for 09.

It is amazing though, that if the Cowboys lose tonight, they are still in the 7th slot just a half game behind Atlanta. Just good enough to tease everyone into thinking there is still something there.

The Giants embarassing the Ravens was a lot of fun. Philly not beating the Bengals is great, but now I'm left wondering if I should want Washington or Dallas to win tonight. If Dallas wins it extends the lead in the division (and over the 6th seed) to 3.5 games with tiebreakers included, but if Washington wins Dallas is on the verge of death, Atlanta falls to 7th and we'd still have a 3 game cushion to make the playoffs but it would be over more teams.

It is amazing though, that if the Cowboys lose tonight, they are still in the 7th slot just a half game behind Atlanta. Just good enough to tease everyone into thinking there is still something there.

But they'd be 2 games out of the playoff mix, a full game behind Atlanta, a half game behind Philly, and tied with New Orleans, and whichever two teams are not leading the division in the North out of the Bears, Packers and Vikings. A loss tonight is just about the kill shot unless they run the table.

You're right, forgot to take GB into account as being the division leader.

Jesus Christ, McNabb just said he didn't know there were ties. The Flyers game can't start soon enough.

Guess Donovan has been hit so many times he thinks he's still at Syracuse. Was probably confused why they were kicking off to start overtime and not giving it to him on the 25.

Guest Vitamin X

Hahaha, fucking Bears. What a great game today. And thank you too, Minnesota, for making sure that game last week was more or less meaningless if we continue to win.

Now if the Cowboys could go and lose tonight, that would make all things right with the world.

Jesus Christ, McNabb just said he didn't know there were ties. The Flyers game can't start soon enough.

Guess Donovan has been hit so many times he thinks he's still at Syracuse. Was probably confused why they were kicking off to start overtime and not giving it to him on the 25.

They didn't even have overtime back then, did they?

Jesus Christ, McNabb just said he didn't know there were ties.

Ahahaha.

A really good game for the Bucs today, I thought. It looked for all the world like Adrian Peterson was going to kill us, but we totally shut him down in the second half. I think Garcia was flushed out of the pocket on every single passing play, but was never sacked. A really good game for him. Antonio Bryant continues to be awesome, Jerramy Stevens came up huge, and Warrick Dunn did about as well as can be expected against a very good run defense. We're 7-3, but I must admit that the Detroit game next week scares the shit out of me. They seem to be improving and we've just been abysmal on the road.

Well I'm not going to go as far as to abandon the team, but this shit is starting to get embarassing. Things have just continued to go downhill since the Super Bowl. I really want a major shakeup to change everything and just make the team fresh. Sometimes I watch them and I feel like there's not life out there or they aren't trying. Maybe it's just my anger and frustration seeping through and changing what I'm seeing. But they just seem so listless. I'm ready for a shakeup next season, or maybe on fiery rookie that's just really good (preferably at RB to add some power to the run game) that can get everyone energized on that team.

They didn't even have overtime back then, did they?

No but Donovan watches Sportscenter so he knows they have it now.

From what I've seen of the Eagles, the playcalling is pathetic for one thing. The players they have are either hobbled by injury or the wrong kind of players for the offense they want to be in the crunch. Westbrook is either aging faster than Shaun Alexander or his body is about to start leaving limbs on the field. Probably both.

It's all coming down to Reid needs to be stripped of some of his responsibilities or be fired. If they aren't ready to fire him, they need to cut him down to JUST head coach and have someone come in to put in the needed pieces next season. It's not going to be long before the players stop believing in Donovan and Reid.

Holy shit, that Steelers score helped me win a game in the kkk bowl!

Same here. Best play of the game!

Edit: And now they take it off the board. That's aggravating.

One of the refs must have been playing against the Steelers D in fantasy football this week. Phantom Forward Pass~

Or I could go the other way with things and say the refs were betting on the game. From what I've seen before the game the line was Steelers -5 and something like 70% of all bets were on Pittsburgh. Has anyone seen a replay that showed anything close to a forward pass?

I'm waiting for the league to say the TD was good, a la the league changing the game account of the Packers game last week to say that Rodgers' penalty in the end zone was intentional grounding and not illegal forward pass.

Penalties in the game:

Pittsburgh: 13-115

San Diego: 1-5

Seriously feels like something was going on. The Pass Interference that led to the first TD was completely made up. The only thing that leads me to believe the game wasn't actually fixed was that they called the Polamalu INT legit after review.

I got to watch the Texans at work and man, does the Texans not know how to win. Its just sad seeing a team that is just fucking bad play. Both their QBs suck, their head coach sucks, their play calling is bad. They need to trim 40% of the fat from this team to see them do anything good.

My apologies in advance, but I was flipping between the PIT/SD game and the Flyers game, and could've sworn they were reviewing it and the ref said the touchdown stood. Did they re-review it? Or did they mess up? Or did I mess up?

My apologies in advance, but I was flipping between the PIT/SD game and the Flyers game, and could've sworn they were reviewing it and the ref said the touchdown stood. Did they re-review it? Or did they mess up? Or did I mess up?

They messed up. Announcers were confused about that for a minute, too.