TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

THE NEXT KARATE KID and no I don't mean Hilary Swank

Man, at least make the kid 14 or something. Not an elementary schooler. The Karate Kid is supposed to be a drama, you know. I'll bet you anything they're going to make this an action-comedy. Complete with lots of fart jokes. They ain't remaking the Karate Kid, they're remaking 3 Ninjas.

Man, at least make the kid 14 or something. Not an elementary schooler. The Karate Kid is supposed to be a drama, you know. I'll bet you anything they're going to make this an action-comedy. Complete with lots of fart jokes. They ain't remaking the Karate Kid, they're remaking 3 Ninjas.

I hope you are not dissing the greatness that is 3 Ninjas.

So who is going to be the Asian guy that teaches him? Jackie Chan? Jet Li? Random old guy #7? Will Smith?

Plus didn't they already sorta remake this movie with Sidekicks?

WHY OH WHY?

So the remake is really a re-imagining, because if they are using a ten year old then it is going to be considerably different from the original.

This has already has a huge cloud of suck surrounding it with a heavy downpour of awfulness likely to begin anytime soon.

I don't think I need to type my opinions of this announcement. Everyone knows how I feel about "re-makes".

Wait, remake? When I first read this I thought it would be a sequel, which would make sense because the studio just wanted to push something out, which really has nothing to do with the original outside of the name, to make money. You know, like home alone 3. But why the hell are the doing a remake? Remakes should be reserved for trying to improve upon older movie's that weren't all they could be, like King Kong - while the original is a classic, they didn't have the technology back then to do all they could with it now, so fine, remake it. There's no reason to ever "remake" a classic like Karate Kid.

I've really lost alot of respect for Will Smith for letting his son take part in this.

Guest Smues

My guess: Letting his kid be the next Karate Kid was Will's term for doing some movie. Maybe the I Am Legend prequel.

(No I don't seriously believe this, but it'd make sense.)

How can you remake this movie with a 10 year old kid to begin with?

Maybe he's not playing a 10 year old. Maybe it's exactly the same, but with a younger actor. I'd watch that movie.

Maybe they are going to have Johnny come back and kick the everliving shit out of Will Smith's kid as a finale. You think it's going to be a happy ending, and then it is.

My guess: Letting his kid be the next Karate Kid was Will's term for doing some movie. Maybe the I Am Legend prequel.

(No I don't seriously believe this, but it'd make sense.)

Maybe it's a deal to do the remake of OLDBOY, which is in works with Speilberg directing. The Smith family needs to go away for a long time for these two remakes.

WHY OH WHY?

So the remake is really a re-imagining, because if they are using a ten year old then it is going to be considerably different from the original.

It seems you're right.

the film will shoot next year in Beijing and other cities. While the new film will be set in that exotic locale, it will borrow elements of the original plot, wherein a bullied youth learns to stand up for himself with the help of an eccentric mentor.

WHY OH WHY?

It seems you're right.

the film will shoot next year in Beijing and other cities. While the new film will be set in that exotic locale, it will borrow elements of the original plot, wherein a bullied youth learns to stand up for himself with the help of an eccentric mentor.

So it's part remake of Karate Kid 1 & 2? Hoo, boy who gets to play Sato?

Maybe they are going to have Johnny come back and kick the everliving shit out of Will Smith's kid as a finale. You think it's going to be a happy ending, and then it is.

GET HIM A BODYBAG! YEEEEEEAAAH!

So your idea is the No More Kings "Sweep the leg" comes to life, only with Will Smith's kid? Well hell, I'm sold.

This is just something that doesn't have to be made. And if the kid's doing it at 10 or 11...hell, anything younger than 16 and you lose the drama, it's just a kid movie.

And what's the gif about in your sig 2Gold?

This is just something that doesn't have to be made. And if the kid's doing it at 10 or 11...hell, anything younger than 16 and you lose the drama, it's just a kid movie.

And what's the gif about in your sig 2Gold?

Well you know, kids are killing people younger and younger these days. Hell, maybe THAT'S the ending. He beats up the bully, then the bully goes home and gets a gun. Shoots little Karate Kid DEAD to further prove fighting only leads to your enemy getting pissed off and bustin a cap in yo ass!

I added what it was to the sig, it's a scene from Tim and Eric..one of the few scenes I found funny.

I am in early negotiations to not watch this.

I'm already signed on to not watching it. And committed to three sequels.

Man... you know, I'm Mister Objectivity. I'll generally watch just about anything because, you know, sometimes you get surprised.

But this?

This is ridiculous. This is such a generic plot - bullied youth learns to stand up for himself under the teaching of an eccentric mentor - that there's ZERO REASON to try and connect it to The Karate Kid in any way whatsoever. You know what I'd rather see? Mel Gibson return in Mad Max: Beyond Kindergarten and mentor a kid into kicking ass. I'd go see that.

I'd go see it if it were Ken Watanabe or Chow Yun Fat....those guys can pull off ecentric. Jackie Chan's just not a good actor.

Chow is about to be in Dragonball, his career in American Cinema has already suffered enough damage.