TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

THE NEXT KARATE KID and no I don't mean Hilary Swank

I'd rather people are aware of it now than to be crying when you see the trailer. It's just as hilariously horrible looking as one might have assumed it was going to look.

It's even more depressing if you see Hard Boiled then see the trailer to Dragonball.

Wow Mr. Miyagi (shudders to think who will play him) will come off as a total asshole in this one. Is he really going to make a 10 year old kid Paint the house, paint the fence, sand the deck, and wax the car?

"Mr. Miyagi I can't paint anymore my arm is about to fall off!"

"Shut up you little brat...back to work!"

It's still around, but it certainly isn't as huge a fad as it was back in the 80s. The influence of MMA has kinda watered down the old style vs style arguments, and there are more Self Defense type courses out there now than there are martial arts schools of a specific discipline. I guess The Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu Kid just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Wow Mr. Miyagi (shudders to think who will play him) will come off as a total asshole in this one. Is he really going to make a 10 year old kid Paint the house, paint the fence, sand the deck, and wax the car?

"Mr. Miyagi I can't paint anymore my arm is about to fall off!"

"Shut up you little brat...back to work!"

Jackie Chan has been tapped to play the part.

Man, at least make the kid 14 or something. Not an elementary schooler. The Karate Kid is supposed to be a drama, you know. I'll bet you anything they're going to make this an action-comedy. Complete with lots of fart jokes. They ain't remaking the Karate Kid, they're remaking 3 Ninjas.

I thought that "Never Back Down" already beat this to the punch with the whole "Karate Kid" remake/rip-off bit.

Pat Morita is dead. You cannot have The Karate Kid without Pat Morita.

I'm glad that Ralph Macchio recently said that he's not confident that this movie is going to be any good.

Maccio does a 180, apparently wants to get in Will Smith's good graces.

----

Will Smith rang the original Karate Kid to give his young son Jaden guidance on how to play the role in the forthcoming remake.

The Men In Black star is producing the movie and his 10-year-old son has landed the lead part of Daniel Larusso.

And Smith is so eager for the youngster to shine in the movie, he called up Ralph Macchio, who played the role in the first three Karate Kid films in the 1980s, to impart some advice to Jaden.

Macchio tells E! News, "It was very cool. He called and said, 'Would you mind getting on the phone with my son?' I felt like Yoda to young Skywalker.

"(Jaden was) adorable and completely respectful and excited. I just told him to have fun. That was my advice."

The Men In Black star is producing the movie and his 10-year-old son has landed the lead part of Daniel Larusso.

So a black kid is going to have the last name Larusso in the movie? Is he adopted by Italians in the movie?