TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

WWE SmackDown - November 21, 2008

For November 21st:

1) R-Truth & Matt Hardy (Hardy’s 3rd match in 2 days in this arena) defeated Shelton Benjamin & Mark Henry (w/Teddy Long). R-Truth came through the crowd, rapping, and was over huge. He got the pin for his team, with an axe-kick on Benjamin.

Maria was chatting to Festus backstage with Miz and John Morrison came up to them. Miz was obnoxious and kept slapping the comatose Festus on the chest and gave him a ‘Wet Willie’, old DX-style. Morrison made some remarks about Maria’s photos on WWE.com being airbrushed.

2) The Miz & John Morrison defeated Jesse & Festus. Festus was destroying Miz, when Morrison grabbed the ring bell and rung it. Miz then pinned Festus with ease, using a neckbreaker. Morrison also hit the moonlight drive on Jesse. Afterwards, as Miz and Morrison reached the top of the ramp, Morrison rang the bell again, just for the heck of it I guess, and Festus became enraged again and chased them to the back.

Vickie Guerrero (in her wheelchair and accompanied by Chavo Guerrero Jr) came out. She said that the upcoming Triple H vs Jeff Hardy match wouldn’t be for the title, but if Hardy won, he would be added to the HHH vs Kozlov title match at Survivor Series, turning it into a triple threat match.

3) Jeff Hardy defeated Triple H in a lengthy (20 minutes plus) match, to be added to the title match at the Survivor Series. This was a surprisingly boring match. Maybe it will play better on tv, but the crowd were totally burned out by this point, as we were 3 hours into the tv taping. Finish came when Kozlov came out and tried to interfere. Kozlov distracted Triple H, leading to Hardy rolling him up for the pin. As alluded to earlier, this was a ‘slip-on-a-banana-peel’ pinfall win over HHH, who popped up immediately. HHH shook Hardy’s hand, but Kozlov clotheslined the pair of them, then left both of them laying.

The Brian Kendrick and Ezekiel were backstage, and made fun of some backstage worker, knocking a beverage out of his hand.

4) The Brian Kendrick & Ezekiel defeated Carlito & Primo Colon in a non-title match, when Big Zeke pinned Primo, after picking him up with one arm and slamming him. This was a good match when Kendrick and Primo were in against each other. I’m presuming this is the start of a tag team title program between the two teams.

5) British jobber, James Mason pinned MVP via roll up, quickly. Mason didn’t even get a ring entrance or music. Great Khali came out to distract MVP, leading to Mason getting the win. MVP was utterly dejected after this defeat. This was hilarious. Poor MVP.

6) The Bella Twins defeated Natalya & Victoria, when either Brie or Nicky pinned Victoria. This was decent action, but a few thousand people had left by this point, and the rest were just waiting for the final segment.

Show finished with Undertaker ‘reading the last rites’ to Big Show. The ring was set up with a casket and black wreaths. Undertaker came to the ring and gave a big over-elaborate speech about how he would banish Big Show to the darkside at the Survivor Series. Big Show, Vickie Guerrero and Chavo Guerrero Jr came out. The lights went out, and when they came back on, Undertaker had Vickie by the throat in the ring. He lifted her up and placed her in the casket, shutting the lid. Big Show threw Chavo into the ring, and freed Vickie. Undertaker gave Chavo a tombstone, then placed him in the casket and shut the lid. End of show.

Goddamn, they really are making an example out of MVP.

So now it's HHH vs. Kozlov vs. Hardy at Survivor Series? I'm going to guess Hardy pins Kozlov to win the title. They can't keep putting Hardy in PPV title matches to have him continually lose to HHH.

Goddamn, they really are making an example out of MVP.

So now it's HHH vs. Kozlov vs. Hardy at Survivor Series? I'm going to guess Hardy pins Kozlov to win the title. They can't keep putting Hardy in PPV title matches to have him continually lose to HHH.

The possibility of Hardy winning the title is the main reason I'm trying to get my friend to go to Survivor Series with me. I don't understand why they would add Hardy to the match 2 days before the PPV, so I wouldn't be shocked if the spoilers are wrong, but if he's really getting in the match, I might have to shell out some money towards my friend's ticket.

What I find interesting is that Kozlov and Hardy have both faced Undertaker to build towards facing Triple H at Survivor Series, yet it was Hardy who got the pin over Undertaker as part of the build of Undertaker's program and Kozlov was the one laid out afterwards for no reason.

I thought Hardy getting inserted into the title match somehow was a lock. They just wanted to do the same match at Cyber Sunday, from the booking leading up to it, that's how it appeared.

By the way.. Poor Chavo.

WWE likely has realized that Kozlov just isn't over enough to get a 1 on 1 title shot. Since HHH isn't jobbing and Jeff has jobbed too much to both guys of late, gotta think it will be Kozlov that will take the fall in this one. But would they really put the title on Hardy? And if so, would he keep it any length of time?

WWE likely has realized that Kozlov just isn't over enough to get a 1 on 1 title shot. Since HHH isn't jobbing and Jeff has jobbed too much to both guys of late, gotta think it will be Kozlov that will take the fall in this one. But would they really put the title on Hardy? And if so, would he keep it any length of time?

Putting the title on Hardy would be unique, as then you have both Hardys as (arguable for the ECW title) World Level Title wrestlers.

Whoever wrote that recap is a fucking jackass. I'd like to know why he thinks HHH is supposed to sell a ROLL-UP and not get up immediately.

I'm guessing the spoilers weren't correct (or maybe just misunderstood), because I saw that they announced HHH vs Jeff Hardy for the WWE Title for "next week", then Hardy ended up getting the pinfall in their match. At first I was thinking how silly it was of them to hotshot the title onto Jeff right before Survivor Series, but I was happy at the same time that Jeff finally won the big one. I kinda hope now that Jeff ends up getting the pin at SS for the title. Have Matt come out for a show-ending celebration, and WWE can finally (sadly) erase the Benoit/Eddy moment from history.

I'm guessing the spoilers weren't correct (or maybe just misunderstood), because I saw that they announced HHH vs Jeff Hardy for the WWE Title for "next week", then Hardy ended up getting the pinfall in their match. At first I was thinking how silly it was of them to hotshot the title onto Jeff right before Survivor Series, but I was happy at the same time that Jeff finally won the big one. I kinda hope now that Jeff ends up getting the pin at SS for the title. Have Matt come out for a show-ending celebration, and WWE can finally (sadly) erase the Benoit/Eddy moment from history.

That won't really work, since it's not happening at WrestleMania.

Speaking of that moment with Benoit and Guerrero, I thought that they would have had Kane come to the ring when Taker won the World Title again since Kane had the ECW title at this past Mania

I'm set in my ways (merging spoilers with show threads, etc.) which means we need two threads. This will probably end up looking really odd when it's all said and done with this appearing BELOW a bunch of posts.

Edit: Enigma now get's credit for posting these! That solved that "spoilers several posts down" problem.

Whoever wrote that recap is a fucking jackass. I'd like to know why he thinks HHH is supposed to sell a ROLL-UP and not get up immediately.

He's a long time Observer subscriber and occasionally does "10 years ago in WON" columns.

What's with putting Chavo and Vickie in coffins so close the anniversary of Eddy's death which is tomorrow!

I hope Jeff doesn't win the title. I kind of like his loose cannon attitude now.

jeez JR really doesn't like going to WWE studios to record stuff...the stuff Tazz dubs over is too obvious.

jeez JR really doesn't like going to WWE studios to record stuff...the stuff Tazz dubs over is too obvious.

Yeah, that was one of the conditions of Ross not quitting after being assigned to Smackdown. He told them under no cirumstances was he going to Connecticut for voiceovers.

Actually yeah, that is a good answer.

Also, why is this crowd so eerily quiet?

This was taped on the same night as last week's Smackdown. Thus, this is their second show...thusly they've already been through 3 hours of wrestling by this point, and are burnt out a bit.