TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Call of Duty: World at War

Did anyone else pick up the game? I've put in about 3 and a half hours of campaign, 30 minutes being 4 player co-op on Veteran (a masochist's dream). I'm really enjoying it so far. I haven't played multiplayer, but I got in about 10 hours on the beta while it was out and it's just as good as COD4.

I should be playing this a lot in the near future, though Gears 2 will be taking up my gaming time as well. If you guys wantto get a game going, let me know.

I never even finished COD4 (the first FPS I ever bought, as I normally either sucked or just flat out didn't like them) as I stuck mainly to online play. Might have to wait a while on this one.

I've noticed the price for World at War is anywhere from $59.99 - $69.99. Normally I don't much more then a few cents difference between stores, but this game's price is all over the place. I will probably pick it up down the road, but between my season in NHL 09, and the time I'm going to put into SmackDown Vs. Raw 2009 when I pick it up in a few days, there really isn't a need to pay full price for another game.

I picked it up for the Wii (since I no longer have my 360), and so far I'm pretty darn impressed...so eat it, Andrew! :P Obviously the graphics aren't as good as the 360, but they did a REALLY good job here with this "port". I haven't tried the online aspect yet, I'll get around to it maybe tomorrow night when I have more time. It's taking some getting used to using the Wii Zapper, but I've only been playing for about an hour, so I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon.

After reading reviews, I think I'll skip the Wii version and maybe pick this up when I hopefully get a PS3 before the end of the year. I guess I could get it for the PC, though.

Fuck the reviews, it's dope on the Wii...however don't use the Zapper, it's a hinderance. Online is even a blast. Sure everything's not up to par with the PS3/360, but it's still a blast. If you're going to wait, sure that's cool, but don't let those reviews deter you.

Well, the review I read of the Wii version was actually quite positive, but I think I'd rather hold out and get the PS3 version for the extra online modes, etc.

I'll follow reviews to an extent...I don't want to drop 50 on something I'll regret...but I tend to listen to customer reviews more than magazine writers.

Got through the first couple of missions in campaign mode, the US vs. the Japs, I'll be starting the first mission of the Russians vs. the Nazis whenever I play again. It really does have a Modern Warfare feel to it, which makes sense since it's the same engine. They did a reallly good job here. I can imagine the 360/PS3 versions have gotta be even better.

I agree about not buying something I'd regret, that's why I either rent first, or just wait until the game hits $20 or less, or both. For me, it's just easier that way for the most part, since some games come down in price and hit the bargain bin pretty quickly.

But since the rental prices at Blockbuster jumped up to over $9, I tend to stay away from renting now.

The problem with going soley by Reviews is that reviews don't always convey which types of gamers will enjoy the game. There are a lot of FPS games that have other elements to them that would turn certain people off that don't always get explained really well in reviews.

Anyways, I bought this game the other day, haven't had much time to play it, but damn I love it so far.

I totally missed the boat with COD:4 cause I went with Rainbow Six Vegas 2(which I really liked), so I knew awhile ago I wanted to get the next COD, barring it was getting good feedback from gamers' opinions I trust.

I agree about not buying something I'd regret, that's why I either rent first, or just wait until the game hits $20 or less, or both. For me, it's just easier that way for the most part, since some games come down in price and hit the bargain bin pretty quickly.

But since the rental prices at Blockbuster jumped up to over $9, I tend to stay away from renting now.

Yeah, considering the PS3 is the first current gen console I have owned since the SNES, I never really kept on eye on game rental prices. I was at BlockBuster recently, and seeing that a rental is about $10 was enough to make me want to pass on renting games.

That initial sniper mission was cool. I kept messing up though when it came to the finale of it. Then of all things I shot the general when he was lying down in the back of the getaway truck, lol.

Yeah, considering the PS3 is the first current gen console I have owned since the SNES, I never really kept on eye on game rental prices. I was at BlockBuster recently, and seeing that a rental is about $10 was enough to make me want to pass on renting games.

Do you realize you get the game for eleven days before any fees are charged?

After being on WaW for the better part of the last 10 hours (probably 8 and a half taking off when I went to eat, and time not in games) I can say I'm hooked again... for now. I've gone from 9 hours played to a little over 30 hours in the span of a few days. I just hope the magic is still there once double XP ends. I want to love this game like I did COD4, even though my other games get neglected.

It sucks, I can't play online yet due to being capped.

Haven't finished solo yet, but the mission briefings are pretty cool. Kiefer Sutherland was a pleasant surprise.

I'm looking for a good shooter, so I am be picking this up pretty soon. Apparently I have some money coming from my Grandparents to get myself something for Christmas. I was thinking about picking up a few Blu Ray's, but I may just get WaW instead. I've been itching for a shooter since I traded in the original Resistance to get Hot Shots for my girlfriend for Christmas.

I was planning on asking for a game for Christmas, and I always had my eye on COD: Modern Warfare. But then this one came out. Should I ask for World at War since it's the newer of the two, or is Modern Warfare actually the better game to get?

It depends on what you like, really. If you want WWII action with hardly any scopes but still fun, get WaW. If you want new weapons and newer locations, get CoD 4. Both are solid games, though. It's really hard to decide which one is better.

I got both games, for some reason, when I play multiplayer, I find that the maps in WoW are alot larger than MW. I've been getting people upset by me doing the jumping stab attack, that's hot. Both games are awesome, it's hard for me to choose. I'm stuck on WoW right now because I really want to get my rank up, it really is difficult to put it down, as it was for Modern Walfare. best thing you can do is flip a coin, you wont go wrong with either of them, trust me.

Just a case of what time period you'd prefer to play, or the type of weapons you prefer.

I definitely recommend getting both at some stage. I will say this though, I liked MW's solo story better, especially the sniper portion.

I got some Christmas money tonight, so I'm going to pick up WaW tomorrow at Best Buy. This works put especially great seeing as my MW disk is so fucked up, I can barely get the game to start from the hard drive with it.

I've been thinking of picking of World at War, but I'm very conflicted on it. Personally I felt the game came out to soon. People still playing and loving Modern Warefare plus it's kinda weird to go to what I feel is a bit of a downgrade from Mod War to WaW. WaW was good during the beta but I just liked Modern Warfare a hell of a lot more.