TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

Terrible Moments in TSM History

:lol:

I would say one of the most terrible moments in TSM history was when Ghettoman came here.

:firing: Ghettoman

:9mm: Ghettoman

:gas: Ghettoman

That Benoit thread turns to gold after everyone starts making sadistic jokes, and the reactions of some of the people are especially hilarious. Great moment in TSM history.

That Benoit thread turns to gold after everyone starts making sadistic jokes, and the reactions of some of the people are especially hilarious. Great moment in TSM history.

This. It was almost like someone hit a switch - TSM went from showing a rare moment (or few hours) of humanity, to almost instantly, becoming TSM again. Good times.

Further to that end, in the "How was your 2007?" thread, someone replied with "It was a rough year for me, considering the deaths of Chris Benoit and Sean Taylor." Czech's rebuttal of "Wow, posting for you here must have sucked this year." kind of summed it all up.

Cheech whining about the Campaign 2008 thread was worse, still, than the thread itself.

Fuck no, it was a terrible thread. Marvin blatantly derailing it and sucking up to Glenn Beck, Marney's insane, at times racist comments, Jerk's unwanted return-it was a horrible thread. The worst? No, but still terrible.

Guest Vitamin X

I think if you especially consider the immense size and scope of it, it's really a dark point in TSM's history. And I'm somewhat ashamed at having posted in there contributing to it as much as I did, too.

I think if you especially consider the immense size and scope of it, it's really a dark point in TSM's history. And I'm somewhat ashamed at having posted in there contributing to it as much as I did, too.

You think that's bad? I started that abortion, though as I've said before, I had no idea it would turn into what it did.

And yet...now the replacement thread, with much dumber name, is on page 14 in a week...with less focus and a time limit to expire conversation on inauguration day.

Yeah...much more solid ideas have come.

Let's just call a spade a spade. Campaign 2008 and B.O. Circle Jerk are just Current Event's version of CTDWAT. There would have to be some serious proactive moderation for that folder to yield anything different, and I'm not sure that's a cause worth taking on. The posters there would probably reject something different anyways.

Honestly, as a major proponent of megathreads, I would post in the multiple threads if they existed. I mostly just browse around looking for something to react to as it is...

but that folder is hard to figure out what topic is worth starting a thread for. If we pull out of Iraq...sure. If we double down in Afghanastan...sure. If the economy collapses altogether and we're selling our internet service for bread...sure. But stuff like staff speculation and bailouts in theory and proposed health care...those threads would dry up so fast you'd be left scrambling for the search feature if you wanted to make a comment.

Screw that, the Campaign 2008 thread was fucking riveting for all DRAGON DRAGON PUM p THE DRAGON! listed. Marvin's awful posts with PantherMatt7's gimmick of being better than everyone in the thread were the one-two punch of the year as far as I'm concerned.

All threads regarding any recently published, arbitrarily ordered list. How about everyone stop giving a fuck that Blender/Rolling Stone/VH-1 has ranked this singer/song/album over that singer/song/album? It's not as if any real discussion results from these threads, it's all "I can't believe Hanson only ranked #69! Why didn't Vengaboys make the list?"

Guest Smues

Locking the ESPN Sucks thread was a terrible moment in TSM history. As was the post above this, because it reminded me that the VengaBoys exist. And now that god damned song is starting in my head again. Fuck.

All threads regarding any recently published, arbitrarily ordered list. How about everyone stop giving a fuck that Blender/Rolling Stone/VH-1 has ranked this singer/song/album over that singer/song/album? It's not as if any real discussion results from these threads, it's all "I can't believe Hanson only ranked #69! Why didn't Vengaboys make the list?"

Seeing that the two newest threads in that folder deal with lists from Rolling Stone and Pitchfork, I'm inclined to agree that those are terrible.

I started that thread, and even I'd be inclined to agree with you. Personally, I think the Music folder is starving for good conversation and I'm willing to throw out any topic that might jump start some sort of discourse. But once the thread disintegrates into bemoaning the rankings with no actual discussion or coherent arguments, all hope is lost.

Locking the ESPN Sucks thread was a terrible moment in TSM history. As was the post above this, because it reminded me that the VengaBoys exist. And now that god damned song is starting in my head again. Fuck.

I agree. I hate when moderators lock threads just because they don't like them.