TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Grungy Punk

Resident Evil 5 causes controversy

This was one of the headlines in the news on yahoo this past week that Resident Evil 5 which isn't released yet is causing racial controversy. I guess the game revolves around black zombies because of the location and this has upset some people. They are saying this is in poor taste however it was reported that nobody seemed to have complained about Resident Evil 4 revolving about Spanish zombies.

Resident Evil 5 is available for the Xbox 360 and PS3. Finally, a resident evil game for the Xbox 360 and the video clips for it look excellent. Anyone who love horror games and/or have enjoyed any resident evil games in the pas should check this game out.

This reminds me of the "Kill all the Haitans" in GTA Vice City. Good times.

People really need to get over this shit. It's not like Redfield is wearing a white robe and calls himself the Grand Wizard or something.

Yahoo this week apparently was lazy and decided to throw up a story from over a year ago, then. I remember that crap, too.

BTW, when discussing a news story, it helps to link to it. :P

Capcom is just running out of people to zombify and have you chop up. Also, zombies. are. not. humans!!!

http://chicagoist.com/2005/12/07/chicago_g..._it_aint_so.php

BTW, when discussing a news story, it helps to link to it. :P

I wanted to but Yahoo changes their headlines everyday and I don't know where they put that headline from Sunday.

If they were discussing this that long ago then geez this game should've already been released by now.

I'm surprised how few of the articles pick up on, ironically, how long it took to have a zombie-themed game using Africa as a setting, when I'd think it would be one of the first candidates.

Its not like their were no black people in previous Resident Evil games going back to the beginning of the Resident Evil games. If their were no blacks in any of the Resident Evil games people would still say thats racist. I think any location being used outside the U.S for a Resident Evil game sounds interesting.

Srsly! Dead is dead! I don't care what colour you are, if you're tryin' to eat my brains you're getting your head blown off with a double-barrel! :P

Zombies aren't discriminatory. You're all food. A bunch of white zombies even even elected a black leader way before us!

I bet they're still not good at basketball, though.

Didn't they add a bunch of new multi-ethnic zombies in the latest build so that gamers could enjoy politically correct undead slaughter?