TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

I hope Frank Caliendo dies soon

Guest Agent of Oblivion

What retards like this asshole? He's the most unfunny piece of shit on television right now.

I'll admit that earlier this decade I would enjoy hearing him on the radio (typically on Bob and Tom) and I even saw him live in '05 and enjoyed it... however, after hearing him on the radio in the time since then, plus watching over nine thousand FrankTV commercials during the last two baseball playoffs, his act has grown really stale. He has maybe four voices that he does really well but drives into the ground at this point (notably Madden and Bush), and now with his TV he's stretching himself thin trying to add new impressions that he just can't do.

He's poor man's Rob Bartlett from Imus. Bartlett was able to do the impressions well. Like Slayer said, he only has a couple of impressions that he does well. I was at a friends house last weekend and he was getting ready for us to go out. I watched FRANKTV with his parents who had never heard of him before. My friends mom says, "How thehell did this guy get his own show, did he blow someone with power?" I agree 100% with that statement.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I'll admit that earlier this decade I would enjoy hearing him on the radio (typically on Bob and Tom) and I even saw him live in '05 and enjoyed it... however, after hearing him on the radio in the time since then, plus watching over nine thousand FrankTV commercials during the last two baseball playoffs, his act has grown really stale. He has maybe four voices that he does really well but drives into the ground at this point (notably Madden and Bush), and now with his TV he's stretching himself thin trying to add new impressions that he just can't do.

Bob and Tom just had Carlos Alazraqui on earlier this week, and he did this incredible impression of Gene Wilder. Laughed my ass off.

Caliendo's just a fag. He does Madden well, and that's it. I hate his Seinfeld impression.

He does Madden well, and that's it.

The only reason I wandered into this thread was to defend his Madden impersonation, which couldn't be any more spot on. Beyond that, no, don't care much for him.

Bob and Tom just had Carlos Alazraqui on earlier this week, and he did this incredible impression of Gene Wilder. Laughed my ass off.

Caliendo's just a fag. He does Madden well, and that's it. I hate his Seinfeld impression.

Carlos Alazraqui gets bonus points from me for being the voice of Rocko. Caliendo is incredibly annoying-plus, who the fuck does a Bill Clinton impression these days?

It's actually fitting that he's now the least funny man on TV, especially since I heard "Mind of Mencia" and "MadTV" finally got cancelled.

Mind of Mencia finally got the axe? What took them so long

Apparently, it's just a rumor, though his blog on Comedy Central (yes, he has one-no I didn't read it, I just heard about it) makes it look like it got the axe. My best guess is that with "Chocolate News", they don't feel a need to bankroll Mencia anymore. "MadTV" is officially cancelled (thank God, though it took them way too long), and may I remind you it helped Caliendo reach a wider audience.

Mind of Mencia finally got the axe? What took them so long

Apparently, it's just a rumor, though his blog on Comedy Central (yes, he has one-no I didn't read it, I just heard about it) makes it look like it got the axe. My best guess is that with "Chocolate News", they don't feel a need to bankroll Mencia anymore. "MadTV" is officially cancelled (thank God, though it took them way too long), and may I remind you it helped Caliendo reach a wider audience.

Replacing Mind of Mencia with Chocolate News... all I have is the different kind of animal shit comparison joke... there's gotta be something else.

It's just going from a fat Mexican fist going in your ass while he grunts at you like he is retarded... to DAG just yelling "DAMN!" at you while he's raping you.

I've seen that MadTV skit with the John Madden popcorn popper, and I've seen Dish Network commercials. That's my only Frank Caliendo exposure. I like the popcorn popper skit though!

I've seen that MadTV skit with the John Madden popcorn popper, and I've seen Dish Network commercials. That's my only Frank Caliendo exposure. I like the popcorn popper skit though!

That is funny I will say.

What's lead me to hate the man is the non stop ads for his commercials. We get it, Bush doesn't speak well, so there it is, over and over and over again

I learned of Frank Caliendo from scabbing NFL & MLB off the internet & wondered how he had a job. I'm also shocked that from the "skits" I saw (on youtube) that he's on at 11pm. It's so softball it should be on at 4pm for hacky happy families.

I think Caliendo is OK in small doses (the aforementioned Madden popcorn skit was hilarious). I just would never want to watch a whole show revolving around him.

Guest Israeli Mixed Wrestling

Cap'n, were you involved in the making of that video? I refuse to believe you weren't.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You see, this is how you make MadTV funny.

Jeff Dunham raises my ire.

Ugh. That's the puppet guy, right? He used to come to my hometown all the fucking time, and his stupid puppets would be on the front of the weekly entertainment section every visit. He strikes me as a morning radio comedy DJ who also happens to be a ventriloquist. Fuck that guy; I hope Frank Caliendo eats him.

Seeing that shit inspires me to find some schtick I can drive into the fucking ground, find my niche market, and live out my days as a king.

Has there been a GG Allin of the stand-up world yet?

I agree and disagree.....Caliendo is a piece of shit. But his Madden, Barkley, and Rome impressions are pretty spot on. He should have just been limited to doing those impressions in 2 minute skits on sports pregame shows. His show was awful the one time I gave it a shot.

As for Dunham, I think he's funny as hell. I think he's gone a little hokey since his special got popular a couple years ago. Now it's starting to drag a little and he needs something new to spice it up again. (No jalepeno on a stick pun intended)