TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

Main Event Mafia vs The TNA Frontline

I noticed that the MEM vs TNA Originals storyline is getting discussed in a lot of other topics spread up a bit, so I figured maybe it should just have it's own thread so here we go.

I saw people talking about Tomko returning and joining the originals, I for one like this idea. He could be brought in as someone Jarrett brought back to fuck with Angle some more. Tomko is someone who could really feud with anyone in the MEM plus it would add someone to the TNA Originals who was never apart of the X Divison and could be made more into the other heavy hitter of the group other than Joe.

I'd also like to see Abyss be in the Originals as well, I'm kinda confused on why he isn't.

I mentioned this in the other thread but what does everyone think about Hernandez joining the group. THe guy gets a huge reaction and is pretty athletic in the ring for a guy his size. He could easily stand up to Nash and Steiner and could probably have good matches with Booker and Angle as well as Sting.

I'd like to see Tomko brought in, and would love to see Abyss apart of it if he'd return to his roots some. I'm usually pretty wide in taste when it comes to movies or wrestling, but I just can't stand his current character. I'd like to see the originals consist mainly of Tomko, Samoa Joe, Matt Morgan, Styles, and maybe a returning Christopher Daniels.

I can definitely see that being the overall result of this - with Jarrett acting as the white knight to defend and save the "kids" of TNA.

With the way the "kids" have been booked against the MEM, that's most likely going to happen, as if they can't take the MEM by themselves.

I mentioned this in the other thread but what does everyone think about Hernandez joining the group. The guy gets a huge reaction and is pretty athletic in the ring for a guy his size. He could easily stand up to Nash and Steiner and could probably have good matches with Booker and Angle as well as Sting.

For some reason, the visual of Nash or Steiner taking the Border Toss makes me laugh. Hernandez is sickeningly agile for his size though, but I doubt he would be added to the Originals group.

Is it supposed to be a bad thing if Jarrett is the one who saves the day for the originals? I mean, judging from the booking so far, Joe and Styles, and the rest of them don't seem like they're going to do shit, so it makes sense for Jarrett eventually helping them out in the end.

They can add as many members as they want, if they don't change the booking then it will go over like a fart in a church.

Venk put best:

This is the part of the angle I don't get, and it's Russo / creative's fault. Why on earth would I support a bad-ass turned whiner, a guy who for reasons I'm not quite sure of was turned into a jobber comedy character with a stupid Karen Angle storyline in late 2007 / early 2008, a lunatic, another lunatic who thinks he's Randy Savage and was the bitch of his crappy relationship with a girl he should have dumped, and a guy who thinks he's Apollo Creed over 5 cool guys who are awesome and always win?

Yeah in some ways this feud reminds me of the Four Horsemen if they were only feuding with Magnum TA, with guys like Sam Houston and Denny Brown to go along with Magnum. Right now these TNA Original guys just aren't credible. I'm sorry but as talented as guys like Lethal and Creed may be I can't buy them beating Scott Steiner or Kevin Nash.

Also, shouldn't the MEM have someone who can go after the tag titles and maybe X Division belt as well? As in why should Beer Money care about any of this? They aren't affected. If the MEM put Nash and Steiner for instance together as a team and went for the belts then it creates more intrigue.

What exactly is the definition of a TNA Original? Why would Tomko join the originals if he was originally for the WWE. I don't see how Creed is a Original since he hasn't even been in TNA a year?

I think anyone who isn't a multi-time world champion can fit on the Originals side, since the MEM is all about dominating the top of the card.

Of course...Foley is in the tank for the originals...and he's a 3 time WWE champion. Jarrett's in the tank for the originals and he's won a bunch of WCW/TNA titles...

AJ's a 3 time TNA champion and one of the faces of the originals... And Joe just finished a 6 month title run...

um...

Yeah...I don't get what qualifies people on each side. Maybe just heels and faces?

Wait...Sting's still playing a face...

hmm...

How is Sting a face? He talks shit about Foley even though all Foley tried to do was talk to him. He's been a total douchebag to everyone. Bringing up AJ's dad and being an overall arrogant prick to AJ and pretty much everyone. Yeah, he doesn't join in the Heel MEM sneak attacks, but to call him a face is just dumb, because he's clearly not.

As far as AJ spitting in Sting's face and attacking Sting. Sting threw the first punch in all of this, attacking BOTH AJ and Joe before they did anything to him.

Yes, he cuts heelish promos, but when he comes out and slaps hands with fans, that doesn't put him over as a heel. He needs to be out there for the beat downs and stop slapping hands with fans.

The name is stupid because it does confuse things. Is an Original a guy who has been with TNA since early on or someone who got his big break in TNA? And how does Christian fit into either interpretation when Joe wanted him in? Aside from the name the group makes fair enough sense to me. The MEM are a group of guys who believe that those on top should stay on top and the next generation should wait their turn. Their turn to be decided by the main eventers. The other side simple wants an even playing field in which wrestlers can move up based on their drive and ability, without any concern to their tenure or resume. So main eventers can fit in it fine just as long as they don't want to hold these kids back. And Foley and Jarrett work fine because they want the company to grow with these kids.

But the uninspired "Originals" name fails to represent that idea and adds a confusing element to things. Because ultimately nothing in Joe and AJ's mission statements seem to suggest they care whether you made your name in TNA, WWE, or WCW.

Sting is really neither heel or face the past few months really. The only heel stuff I remember him saying was bringing up AJ's dad and all that, but otherwise he's been a complex character who believes the veterans are being disrespected. The promos with him and Foley seem like they're buddies that have different opinions on one issue, so basically, Sting is a face within a heel faction. I know, it doesn't really make much sense. :unsure:

I think if anything, 3D has the right approach. Brother Ray, while on commentary last week said, "I agree that the young guys are disrespecting the veterans, but the MEM is going about it the wrong way." Or something like that.

Sting is really neither heel or face the past few months really. The only heel stuff I remember him saying was bringing up AJ's dad and all that, but otherwise he's been a complex character who believes the veterans are being disrespected. The promos with him and Foley seem like they're buddies that have different opinions on one issue, so basically, Sting is a face within a heel faction. I know, it doesn't really make much sense. :unsure:

It makes sense in the way that no way will Sting work as a true heel. He is working as this character because he is by all intents and purposes the same Sting. Only difference is that he is wrestling faces instead of heels now... unlikable faces, but faces all the same.

Is it TNA's mission to make Joe look like the biggest whiny unlikeable bitch in the company? Maybe it's just me but it seems like he's booked that way. How can I cheer for a guy like that. I can get behind Styles and the others but not him.

Is it TNA's mission to make Joe look like the biggest whiny unlikeable bitch in the company? Maybe it's just me but it seems like he's booked that way. How can I cheer for a guy like that. I can get behind Styles and the others but not him.

Just think that this character of Joe that we've seen the past year all started because Scott Hall no-showed a PPV! I really didn't even think Styles was a likeable face this year really, with him basically stealing another man's wife (Karen Angle).

I heard someone on another board compare Sting's role in the MEM to Don Corleone(sp) from the Godfather. He may issue the orders out, but he's not the one carrying them out. I think a part of this angle that's going to come into play is Angle vs Sting. I don't know how yet, I just feel like the leadership of the group may come into play.

The latest Observer update says that the TNA Originals group will be getting a new name this weeks tapings.

It's going to suck most likely.

Edit: Fucking double post. I even refreshed to see if my post went through.

Rhino should join MEM. He should've been the 5th member and not Scott Steiner. I don't know why TNA keeps bringing Scott Steiner back. Its not helping them and he is not worth the money thats being invested in him.

Rhino should join MEM. He should've been the 5th member and not Scott Steiner. I don't know why TNA keeps bringing Scott Steiner back. Its not helping them and he is not worth the money thats invested in him.

"See I come from a higher educated university, so when I come out and beat this white trash, I gotta dumb myself down!"