TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SuperJerk

I need to vent about Sarah Palin.

That's awfully weird how nobody from the McCain campaign traveled with Palin and stopped her from saying that. And none of them refuted it on tv. And McCain followed along right after.

Here's another awesome nuggest of double-digit IQ wisdom from Gov. Sarah Palin...

GIZZI: What was the biggest mistake made in the ’08 campaign?

PALIN: The biggest mistake made was that I could have called more shots on this: the opportunities that were not seized to speak to more Americans via media. I was not allowed to do very many interviews, and the interviews that I did were not necessarily those I would have chosen. But I was so thankful to have the opportunity to run with John McCain that I was not going to argue with the strategy decisions that some of his people were making regarding the media contacts.

But if I would have been in charge, I would have wanted to speak to more reporters because that’s how you get your message out to the electorate.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?pri...es&id=29994

If she had it to do over, she would have just TALKED TO reporters, instead of being INTERVIEWED by them.

I know Palin had handlers who told her what to do, but here she seems to be implying that she had no control whatsoever over her own media appearances. Which I find to be disingenous at best.

Off-topic, but Jerk, that pic in your sig is from Metropolis IL, right? Heh, I once worked a wrestling show where we literally set the ring up in the middle of the street, just a block down from that bigass Superman statue.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jziegler...lin/#more-10885

In Summary, this interview was just one big straw man, attacking the premise that it was the media's fault Palin didn't win.

For example:

• Sarah Palin doesn't understand why the media doesn't correct false reports it made about her family that it never actually made.
  • She knew the interview didn't go well right after she did the interview and before it aired, and yet somehow the reason she looked bad was because of editing.
  • Katie Couric is not the center of the universe.
  • Caroline Kennedy hasn't been put under the same scrutiny as Palin, even though (a) Caroline Kennedy isn't running for Vice President of the United States, and (b) there has been a considerable amount of editorial scrutinty made against Caroline Kennedy lobbying for Hillary Clinton's Senate seat.
  • The media doesn't like her because she's a conservative, and she'd have been beloved by the media if she'd been Barack Obama's Running mate (???).
  • People should vote for her if they wanted limited government (an awesomely popular idea here in the year 2009) and let her record speak for itself.

Exactly what IS her record? Cause last time I checked, we weren't allowed to ask what her record was. It's hard for something to speak for itself when it's bound and gagged in a closet.

To this day, I STILL know nothing about this woman other than large bosom run in her family. Other than that, zlinch. Sorry that is so rude of me, but I honestly learned nothing about her.

Mama Grizzly doesn't get the inherent hypocrisy of endorsing a teenage girl to get married, but being against to consenting adults of the same sex being allowed the same thing.

Sarah Palin vs. the Anchorage Daily News

Bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie annoy me….I'll tell you, yesterday the Anchorage Daily News, they called again to ask — double-, triple-, quadruple-check — who is Trig's real mom....And I said, Come on, are you kidding me? We're gonna answer this? Do you not believe me or my doctor? And they said, No, it's been quite cryptic the way that my son's birth has been discussed. And I thought, Okay, more indication of continued problems in the world of journalism.

In an Anchorage Daily News column published last week, the paper's editor said the only questions reporters there had asked about Trig's birth came when the paper undertook a project to debunk conspiracy theories surrounding the event, but that they had abandoned the effort because of a lack of cooperation from the Palin family.

"I don't believe we have ever published in the newspaper a story, a letter, a column or anything alleging a coverup surrounding your maternity," wrote the editor in an e-mail sent to Palin and reprinted on the paper's blog. "In fact, my integrity and the integrity of the newspaper have been repeatedly attacked in national forums for our complicity in the 'coverup.'

palinblood.gif

To this day, I STILL know nothing about this woman other than large bosom run in her family. Other than that, zlinch. Sorry that is so rude of me, but I honestly learned nothing about her.

That, her liking guns, and possessin' good ol' Christian family values is basically what the R's wanted you to take away about her.

She's like one of those blond, identical looking Stepford Republicans that Fox News uses as anchors and occasionally pundits.

It's funny how she whines about those "losers in their parents' basement" writing LIES AND SLANDER on blogs about her, when she really owes her time on the national stage to a blogger pushing the McCain camp to pick her. :P Although she makes a good point. It's not like there were lies and slanders published about Oba--oh, right. There were. And they created a website dedicated to refuting them, while Palin repeated lies like "I stopped the Bridge to Nowhere" ad nauseum.

In an Anchorage Daily News column published last week, the paper's editor said the only questions reporters there had asked about Trig's birth came when the paper undertook a project to debunk conspiracy theories surrounding the event, but that they had abandoned the effort because of a lack of cooperation from the Palin family.

Classy.

As annoying as Palin can be I really do hope she sticks with it for a run at the presidency. If for no other reason than to watch people smarter than she is make a complete fool of her.

Paul Bagala was on point when he said referring to a poll of conservatives (and I'm paraphrasing from memory): "65% of Republicans polled said they would like Palin to run in 2012 and 100% of Democrats."

Please Sarah... run. I'm begging you.

I can only imagine how amusing an Obama/Palin debate would be.

Palin would probably try to get all folksy and end up accidentally making a racial slur or something.

I can only imagine how amusing an Obama/Palin debate would be.

Palin would probably try to get all folksy and end up accidentally making a racial slur or something.

"When you took office, you tried nigger-rigging some recovery package with all kinds of 'green'... what? I'm just telling the American people how it is!"

Apparently owing back-taxes is the new unforgivable sin, according to Republicans, therefore I submit this:

Alaska officials have told Gov. Sarah Palin she must pay back taxes on the thousands of dollars she received in state per diem funds while living at her home in Wasilla.

The Washington Post first reported last September that Palin had billed the state for nearly $17,000 worth of meals and other living expenses while staying in her own home during the first 19 months of her administration, even though the official governor’s residence is in Juneau.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/...pay-back-taxes/

Somehow I don't think they will either remember or think much of this story in 2 years when she makes her official candidate declaration.