TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Week 12

Mike Pereira, the NFL VP of Officiating, was just on NFL Network. He tried to explain the whole Polamalu TD call thing and didn't really say anything, but he did say that in the future to correct situations like this officials will now have paper to write down important information about the play during a review. Awesome.

He'd be a role player anywhere.

Also, he would regret the decision to look like an idiot requesting a release NOW when they are actually good. Maybe. I don't know what goes through people's minds sometimes.

Do you not understand my post? Edgerrin James clearly does not see himself as a role player, as evident by his constant bitching to get the ball more (this was up to early this season, I don't know if he continues to do so). He sees himself as the same guy that was getting adored in Indianapolis, and not the disappointing free agent acquisition he is for Arizona. So it's entirely possible that he'd rather be starring for a playoff team than be a platoon runner with Tim Hightower. It's also possible Edgerrin saw the writing on the wall, that the Cards just flat out love Hightower, and he realizes whatever shot he has at keeping a starting job in Arizona is going up in smoke.

CIN @ PIT

Pittsburgh will dominate and win this game, but it will come at a high cost as they will lose a key player for the remainder of the season. To find out who, you'll have to make arrangements to go to one of the three or four places in your town, city, or commune that have the NFL Network.

PHI @ BAL

Ravens bounce back from last week's debacling. After the game, Donovan McNabb claims not to have known that an NFL game could end in a loss.

NYJ @ TEN

Can't pick against the Titans. Can't do it. Should be a competitive game, though. Like many others, I'm finally buying into the Bretts as a legit team. Not Super Bowl legit, but they could make some noise in the playoffs.

TB @ DET

Scares the shit out of me. It would be just like the Bucs to play horribly in Detroit and give the Lions their first win. Should that happen, you can wave goodbye to whatever postseason hopes Tampa has. They would be completely demoralized. I don't think this will happen, but I fear that it might. Still, I pick the Bucs to win.

MIN @ JAC

Hmmm. Both teams are major disappointments this year, but Minnesota is still in the hunt for their division title. For that reason, I predict that a hungry Vikings team will grind out a victory.

BUF @ KC

Are the Bills demoralized right now? They've lost quite a few in a row and barely have their heads above water in the playoff swim meet. The Chiefs have actually been playing decent ball for the last month or so, although they have no wins to show for it. I think they'll get one here.

CHI @ STL

Absolutely no reason why the Bears shouldn't crush St. Louis. This is really the perfect game to have coming off of their embarrassing performance against Green Bay. Bears by double digits.

NE @ MIA

Interesting game. Miami humiliated New England earlier in the year and both teams are really playing their best football right now. I think New England returns the favor here. It probably won't be as lopsided as the game at Foxboro, but the Pats will win.

SF @ DAL

Dallas gets a little breather here. Should be an easy one.

HOU @ CLE

Jesus, who cares? Cleveland, I guess.

OAK @ DEN

Oakland may be worse now than they were when Denver smeared them in week one, so I don't see why this outcome would be any different. Broncos by plenty.

CAR @ ATL

A really interesting game that I won't be able to see because I'll be in the Seattle market. I mean, goddamn. I spend the better part of two football seasons in the Atlanta market and there was maybe three Falcons games that I was interested in watching the whole time. The week I leave, they have a critical divisional showdown with the Panthers. Bah. I'm going with the Falcons here. Carolina has looked flat recently and the Falcons are trying to stay alive in a really tight division.

NYG @ ARI

Another fairly interesting game that I won't be able to watch. I'm not a believer in Arizona. Giants should win this one comfortably.

WAS @ SEA

Ah, but this one I get to take in and savor. God bless it. Redskins should be fine here, as Hasselbeck's return doesn't seem to have solved any of Seattle's problems.

IND @ SD

Not the marquee game I'm sure many envisioned at the start of the season, but still somewhat interesting. Indy seems to be getting on a roll at the right time. San Diego is just about dead in the water. Look for the Colts to avenge last year's postseason loss.

GB @ NO

Hey, another pretty interesting game. I really don't know what to make of Green Bay, as they seem to be up and down. I definitely don't think much of New Orleans and their nonexistent running game and godawful defense. Should be pretty tight all the way through, but I think Green Bay pulls one out in the end.

For the playoffs, I'll say:

1. Giants

2. Panthers

3. Cardinals

4. Packers

5. Bucs

6. Redskins

1. Titans

2. Jets

3. Steelers

4. Broncos

5. Colts

6. Dolphins

Guest Czecherbear

Now would be a fine time to buy low on the Bears, but I'm exposed to too much of this team's goings-on to say it and mean it. Tommie Harris is whining that he didn't choose to play here, the line hates the secondary, the secondary hates the line, Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher hate the mothers of their illegitimate children, the players hate the fans, the fans hate the players, players publicly doubt Lovie Smith, Orton isn't 100%, Rex Grossman is like five feet tall, the tight ends are being used as wide receivers because the wide receivers can't run or catch,

THE SPECIAL TEAMS ARE FUCKING AWFUL OH MY GOD. Hester forgot how to run. Maynard forgot how to punt. The field position they've had as a result in the last two games has been just pathetic and I don't see it getting better. There's no winning mentality from anyone involved with this team, bottom line. All I sense when I see these guys play and hear them talk is defeat. It's like those last two Dusty Baker years of the Cubs where they'd just mope and blame everyone for their sucking. (Derrek Lee still does this.) I don't even think it's a given that they beat the Rams. I anticipate a 2-4 limp to the finish line, with the Vikings, not Packers, winning the North as I said all along back when Favre fake-retired so many months ago.

Just checked the distribution maps for this weekend. Does anyone else feel like the only time the Buck-Aikman team isn't doing the Cowboys game is when Dallas is playing on either Sunday or Monday night? I mean, it's just every week with these fucking nationally-televised Cowboys games. Does anyone who isn't a fan of either team really want to watch Dallas-San Francisco? Well, tough shit. It's on almost everywhere in the country.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Czech, what did we agree upon for the Bears before the season? 6-10?

As if you guys weren't excited enough for the big NFL Network showdown tonight the Bengals, in addition to 3 offensive linemen and a starting QB out with injuries, have suspended our old pal Ocho Cinco for violating team rules.

In more shocking news, the Bengals have team rules.

Just checked the distribution maps for this weekend. Does anyone else feel like the only time the Buck-Aikman team isn't doing the Cowboys game is when Dallas is playing on either Sunday or Monday night? I mean, it's just every week with these fucking nationally-televised Cowboys games. Does anyone who isn't a fan of either team really want to watch Dallas-San Francisco? Well, tough shit. It's on almost everywhere in the country.

Having nothing better to do, I just went through and looked at every week. It looks like the only times Buck/Aikman didn't do the Cowboys game are when the Cowboys were on another channel, had a bye week, or Buck was busy with baseball, so you, sir, are correct, although it makes sense they're doing this game, so they don't have to fly again before Thursday's game.

Fair enough on them not having to go to Dallas twice this week, but that's no reason to subject everyone to that shitfest of a game. They should have kept Atlanta-Carolina in that time slot or made Philly-Baltimore the default game for those who don't have a local game going on early.

I can think of one instance where Buck-Aikman didn't do a 1:00 Cowboys game: a few weeks ago when they played Tampa. The one week when it would have done me any good.

Here are some playoff projections from Sports Illustrated.

Some of these are way more far-fetched than anything I've read here. Tampa, Carolina, and Atlanta missing the playoffs? Come on.

I stopped reading when I saw they had the Titans losing to freaking Houston.

Also the game tonight has been interesting early, Cincy was up 7-0 but since then the Steelers have taken control. I got my hopes up for about 10 minutes that the Bungles could pull of the upset here and help out the Ravens but that would be silly.

SNOW!

Guest Agent of Oblivion

If you didn't see the game, make sure you check out highlights to see Santonio Holmes get fucking smoked on a slant route. Hardest hit I've seen all season.

I'm really not a fan of the Thursday night football thing. The other highlight of last night's game came after the game when Mike Tomlin basically cut the punter during his post game interview. On 5 punts he averaged 28.4 yards with a long of 34. I don't think any of them were even caught because the returners were standing too deep.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Hey, here's the Chris Crocker hit on Holmes:

Whack

The Boldin hit did more damage, obviously, but that was more a case of the situation than pure velocity. Holmes clearly isn't all there after this shot.

Held on to the ball, too. Santonio Holmes is a man's man.

Hey, here's the Chris Crocker hit on Holmes:

Whack

The Boldin hit did more damage, obviously, but that was more a case of the situation than pure velocity. Holmes clearly isn't all there after this shot.

Held on to the ball, too. Santonio Holmes is a man's man.

Any bets on how much the NFL will fine Crocker for that one?

I'm really not a fan of the Thursday night football thing.

You and the rest of America.

Eh..I get NFL Network in HD no less and I actually have watched parts of if not all of the Thursday games.

Getting rid of Bryant Gumble has made the games tolerable at least with Bob Papa in his place.

I'm really not a fan of the Thursday night football thing.

You and the rest of America.

Eh..I get NFL Network in HD no less and I actually have watched parts of if not all of the Thursday games.

Getting rid of Bryant Gumble has made the games tolerable at least with Bob Papa in his place.

Is Papa the lead? I'm enjoying Collinsworth's work, but I find Papa (or whomever the lead guy is) to be intolerably boring and bland.

How rare/difficult to get is the NFL Network? TSN has shown both Thursday games so far in HD. Who's showing the early games on Turkey Day? Fox must have one, right?

Guest Czecherbear

CBS has the Lions game, Fox has the Cowboys game, NFL Network has the Eagles game.

Hey look, Joe Buck is the voice of the Cowboys for another week.

I just looked at the distribution maps and it looks like I managed to get the best game out of every group. Jets-Titans, Eagles-Ravens, Giants-Cardinals. I'm shocked we didn't end up with the Cowboys this week. I think this is the first time all season. I guess it's because Baltimore's in the division and the divisional games tend to get preference, but we did luck out and dodge the Cleveland game this week on CBS.