TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

TNA Impact Discussion 11/20/08

I thought that Rhino promo was pretty stellar. It was nice to see the face actually win a verbal duel in TNA for once.

And nice to see people actually boo the Main Event Mafia, who've been getting way way more cheers than any heel stable ever should.

Of course, it was then quickly ruined by the fact that no faces attempted to break up the massive beatdown that followed.

Good Lord.

The "TNA Originals" finally get something to celebrate, Eric Young winning the X-title last week, and this week they just freakin' take it from him?

This fuckin' company.

*facepalm*

If they have Booker T squash Eric... :lol:

Is all the build for Suicide going to amount to anything good?

OH NO NOT FEAST OR FIRED!

Well, they've been talking about cuts to the roster, the "news sites" at least. Maye this is the way to get rid of someone.

A Cornette sighting, wow.

Homicide's hardcore. TAMPON AND DUCT TAPE~! He's also the nicest gangsta I've ever met.

That actually works. The lodge I belong to sends supplies over seas to soldiers. One of them wrote to us and told us that they've used the tampons that we sent for the female soldiers to plug bullet wounds.

On the other point of yours, yes he is a nice guy.

ODB's Angle, this is priceless!!!

EDIT: That was more entertaining then anything that was on Karen's Angle.

I wonder if Curry Man will be fired and then Daniels will sign a new deal and replace him next year. That would be amusing.

Tonight illustrated a problem TNA currently has: There are far too many authority figures running around on this show. We have Jarrett and Foley as part of the main angles, but Cornette is still around for the lower level decisions, and of course Ms. Brooks is there for the women. This is all overkill.

Sure glad we got all that wrestling out of the way so we can have another talking main event.

Yeah, because WWE doesn't do that all the time, especially on SMACKDOWN.

Not saying it's a good thing, and if there is a promo, that should come before the wrestling, but don't be sarcastic about calling out TNA when WWE does the same things.

I don't mind Ms. Brooks as the authority figure for the Knockouts. Since she's female, the story is maybe she can keep them in line better than Cornette can. Plus it's a good way to keep her on tv. She needs to do more reffing though, she looked hot in that outfit.

That's one of the main flaws with TNA, they try to be another WWE instead of being their own thing. But on the other hand, when they try to do anything original, people shit on them for it. I'm not saying everything they do is good that's original (see Reverse Battle Royale), but they are trying it. Practically everything in wrestling has been done, and like the movies it's hard to come up with something new.

I definitely do appreciate that they're at least trying.

TNA is good at creating a feeling that you can't expect what's going to happen next, and that's enough to keep me watching.

I just wish that what happens next was less of a disappointment so much of the time.

That's one of the main flaws with TNA, they try to be another WWE instead of being their own thing. But on the other hand, when they try to do anything original, people shit on them for it. I'm not saying everything they do is good that's original (see Reverse Battle Royale), but they are trying it. Practically everything in wrestling has been done, and like the movies it's hard to come up with something new.

The problem with TNA trying original things is they try too hard to be original. They try so hard at being innovative and creative that whatever they're trying usually turns into a convoluted mess. And TNA don't have to be original, which is overrated when it comes to booking/writing anyway. They just have to be good at what works. But TNA are too caught up in either trying to beat WWE at their own game, which is never going to happen, or trying to be as original as they can, and they ignore the more practical approach of taking what's worked in the past and simply updating it for the modern audience. Nobody told TNA there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

TNA is good at creating a feeling that you can't expect what's going to happen next, and that's enough to keep me watching. I just with that what happens next was less of a disappointment so much of the time.

They try so hard at being innovative and creative that whatever they're trying usually turns into a convoluted mess. But TNA are too caught up in either trying to beat WWE at their own game, which is never going to happen, or trying to be as original as they can, and they ignore the more practical approach of taking what's worked in the past and simply updating it for the modern audience. Nobody told TNA there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

Thats exactly how I feel about the company. The whole Legends title is worthless. I understand that they felt the need to introduce another title, but why create one that is pretty limited in its use?

I like Foley, Jarrett and Ms. Brooks being the authority figures, as they all make sense in their storylines, but why the hell is Cornette still on TV? I thought when Foley announced he was the new authority figure, Cornette would just be taken off TV, and they would just pretend he never existed. And he wasn't seen for weeks either, so why would they bring him back?

They have to have someone in authority to turn heel and it will probably be Cornette. Speaking of Cornette, that segment with Shane and Young pissed me off. Shane is not only more charistmatic but a better wrestler than Eric Young, Why isn't he a wrestler in TNA? Shane/Bashir could be good.

As much as I loathe ODB, I liked ODB's Angle. Mostly for Sharmell though who was great.

They have to have someone in authority to turn heel and it will probably be Cornette. Speaking of Cornette, that segment with Shane and Young pissed me off. Shane is not only more charistmatic but a better wrestler than Eric Young, Why isn't he a wrestler in TNA? Shane/Bashir could be good.

Because Jarrett and Young are BUTT buddies.

TNA is good at creating a feeling that you can't expect what's going to happen next, and that's enough to keep me watching. I just with that what happens next was less of a disappointment so much of the time.

They try so hard at being innovative and creative that whatever they're trying usually turns into a convoluted mess. But TNA are too caught up in either trying to beat WWE at their own game, which is never going to happen, or trying to be as original as they can, and they ignore the more practical approach of taking what's worked in the past and simply updating it for the modern audience. Nobody told TNA there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

Thats exactly how I feel about the company. The whole Legends title is worthless. I understand that they felt the need to introduce another title, but why create one that is pretty limited in its use?

I'm wondering if when Booker ever loses the title, if the person that wins it might just turn it into a TV/Intercontinental type title.

I don't understand the angle with the ref either. It must have been in September or so when he got mad at Bashir, and started attacking him. Now, you would think this would lead to him becoming a wrestler on the roster the next week, and challenge Bashir, but no, he is still a ref for another 2 months or so, and I really thought they droppped the angle. Then, they bring it back again, with him attacking Bashir last week. So, why don't they just get it over with, and make the guy a wrestler on the roster?