TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

TNA Impact Discussion 11/20/08

I really don't mind all the authority figures just because Cornette and Traci are basically middle management and Jarrett is hands off. Jarrett's only really gotten involved with Angle, who keeps pushing him and forcing his hand. Otherwise he seems content to sit back. Foley's active in the MEM stuff but he's also clearly biased towards the kids. Cornette is sort of that middle management guy stuck cleaning up messes and Traci is trying to keep one area clean for him. I don't know, it works for me. But I can understand why it might be confusing to the casual/new viewer.

Curry Man getting Fired was the very first thought I had when I saw his name as one of the participants in the Feast or Fired match. It just seems like the sort of joke TNA/Russo like and I think I'd have to chuckle if Curry got fired leading to Daniels returning to join back up with AJ/Joe. I wouldn't even be shocked if Daniels pulls double duty on the PPV and wrestles in the main event.

I loved Rhino's backstage promo and seeming role as a veteran leader of the "Originals." He's basically what Foley has tried to be but he's in the trenches with them so it means more. The stuff the Guns said to Foley about sitting on his ass don't apply to Rhino. And I just loved the visual of literally throwing the Guns into the locker room (or at least them sliding across screen). Rhino just seems a good way to rally the troops and get them refocused with a new name and the right state of mind. Like their own drill sergeant.

While the 'ref becomes wrestler' thing is interesting, and at least Cornette has acknowledged his wrestling past now so it doesn't look like a vaguely buff ref just happens to be able to smack the shit out of the X-Division Champion, can anyone give me a reason that stands up to even the remotest amount of kayfabe why Shane keeps getting Bashir's matches? Surely, any modicum of sense would suggest they should keep the two men apart.