TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Annoying tv characters

You know, the really annoying ones that we are told we should care about, but honestly, just couldn't give a crap about.

Jack from Lost: I didn't used to dislike him, but he has completely taken over the show. Just the idea that everyone assumes right away he should be the leader but we're never told why. Just on paper, Sayid or Locke seem more up to the job. He's not dull exactly, but he takes up all the airtime when there are better characters to focus on.

Lana Lang: I really hate what she did to Smallville. The beginnings of Clark Kent ended up being all about Lana Lang. You know the legendary Lex/Clark rivalry? Turns out that started because of Lana Lang. Who knew? And that's not including the fact she just didn't have any sort of personality. At all. I know that the show's creators love her, and that's why they felt they had to give her as much airtime as possible, but honestly, I really think she was the reason the show could never get back to the great ratings it used to have. Is there anyone out there who actually likes her?

Kim from 24: Yeah....just everything. Especially the cougar. Although, at least the producers seemed to figure out how annoying everyone found her and wrote her out.

Anymore?

Kim Bauer was all kinds of annoying, there was no reason at all for her to be in danger in seasons 2...but dammit if the writers didn't find some for her.

And people have been begging for Lana Lang's death in Smallville since season 3 or 4. Season 5 was the perfect time to do it, but they switched and killed Pa Kent instead, which lead me to stop watching the show

AJ Soprano was another useless character that just stuck around to annoy people

great picks so far.

I'll throw in Mohinder from Heroes. The guy starts the series annoying, but with a purpose, but seems to make decisions that come out of nowhere. When he gave himself powers this season? "It's what I've always wanted." Really? It's not the way he was EVER written till it happened. Annoying voice and poor writing

I've always hated Frasier. I hate the way the guy talks and acts like he's an intellent British man. His failed attempt to do comedy is the only thing that makes me laugh when I've watched him.

Gay alien from American Dad. I would watch that show on Sundays if it wasn't for the alien.

Since my wife watches it (and thus I have to), I would say every character on Grey's Anatomy except Karev, Bailey, Callie and the man-whore guy.

On Criminal Minds, Reid the boy genius.

Since my wife watches it (and thus I have to), I would say every character on Grey's Anatomy except Karev, Bailey, Callie and the man-whore guy.

I concur. Well I don't like Callie but Karev, Bailey and Sloan are the only three characters I don't actively dislike for a reason or other. Burke was the fourth before Isaiah Washington got fired.

Jeffery Spender-X-files

LaGuerta-Dexter

I agree with the above Grey's Anatomy posts, I'll add that I think George and Chief are alright to watch.

Mouse-Beauty and The Beast

Ruby from Supernatural. Or to be more specific: NewRuby. That chick they have playing her this season is HORRIBLE.

What about FemLex from the latest season of Smallville? She's just so fucking boring. 10 episodes in, and I haven't been given a single reason to give a damn about her.

Obviously Mohinder is a HOFer in this category through just 2 1/2 seasons.

Kim from 24 is the obvious pick, but I'm going with Jack's girlfriend from season 2. Everytime her annoying scrunchy face was on TV I was rooting for a painful death.

Guest Smues

Guinan from Star Trek: TNG. She's not just a bartender, she's a dues ex machina! Seriously, every fucking time they talk to her she magically has the answers to the big problem. People hate Wesley Crusher, and rightly so, but to me Guinan was worse. And like the one time she's wrong (about Hugh in I,Borg) she quickly comes around, and now all of a sudden it's like she was right the whole time and gaaaaaaaa. Eat me Whoopi Goldberg, eat me.

Casidey and Julian on the Shield: One is the daughter of Michael Chiklas so you know that's how she got on the show. She can't act worth beans. And Julian has annoyed me ever since they dropped the gay storyline for him because the actor didn't like it.

Lucky on King of The Hill: That was the main reason I stopped watching the show.

I can't stand Danny on The Shield either, she hasn't been interesting for at least a couple of seasons if not more.

Also, Audrey Raines. Jesus, have any of Jack's love interests not been incredibly boring?

Ruby from Supernatural. Or to be more specific: NewRuby. That chick they have playing her this season is HORRIBLE.

What about FemLex from the latest season of Smallville? She's just so fucking boring. 10 episodes in, and I haven't been given a single reason to give a damn about her.

NuRuby is kinda annoying but I've liked her alot more the past two episodes. The Ruby/Dean arguing was the thing that annoyed me the most about her, I guess.

As for Tess, it's a nostalgia thing for me. Seeing as she's supposed to be the Smallville version of Mercy Graves. Ollie even calls her Mercy during a scene with them together. She is a pretty terrible actress, but I dont hate her.

Lana though? Lana can go die.

Peggy Hill, no question. I love King of the Hill, but I often have problems watching it because she grates me so much. I want there to be an episode where Hank relentlessly beats her in front of Bobby to show him what to do with "bitches".

Guinan from Star Trek: TNG. She's not just a bartender, she's a dues ex machina! Seriously, every fucking time they talk to her she magically has the answers to the big problem. People hate Wesley Crusher, and rightly so, but to me Guinan was worse. And like the one time she's wrong (about Hugh in I,Borg) she quickly comes around, and now all of a sudden it's like she was right the whole time and gaaaaaaaa. Eat me Whoopi Goldberg, eat me.

Neelix from Voyager trumps both.

ANYONE from Voyager trumps both.

Corrected. And if we're going there, Troi was annoying through most of the run. Her job was basically to either a) sense something amiss or b) get psychically assaulted/invaded. I didn't really care for Kira either except when she was evil and lesbian.

Also, Audrey Raines. Jesus, have any of Jack's love interests not been incredibly boring?

Nina Myers.

My contribution- any character that Ali Larter has played on Heroes.

ANYONE from Voyager trumps both.

Corrected. And if we're going there, Troi was annoying through most of the run. Her job was basically to either a) sense something amiss or b) get psychically assaulted/invaded. I didn't really care for Kira either except when she was evil and lesbian.

The worst character ever on TNG was the Doctor in season 2 that replaced Dr. Crusher.

Nina Myers.

Touche and agreed.

Nina Myers.

Touche and agreed.

Yeah, and goddammit if they kill this one off there's at least one more

During the 100th episode of Smallville I was so happy at the half-way point that they had killed off Lana Lang. Dipshit Clark then decides to try and fix it by going back through time and instead of her dying Jonathan Kent dies. I was so pissed at that. I was hoping that the bitch was put to sleep permenantly.