TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpww7

Jeff Hardy not at all rushed to Emergency Room (WWE.com storyline)

BOSTON – Jeff Hardy was found unconscious in a stairwell at his hotel in Boston today, and was rushed to the nearest emergency room.

Due to privacy issues, WWE is not releasing the name of the hospital.

WWE.com will have more information if it becomes available.

The fact that the wwe.com front page asks "What might this mean for his Survivor Series WWE Chmpionship Triple Threat Match tonight?" means this screams work to me.

yeah he might jsut pop out of nowhere and the crowd go wtf he's here, mark out and jeff wins the title. if it's legit then damn jeff, you fucked up again

Koslov attacked him and left him unconscious to make it Koslov v HHH and the title, instead of this little worm interfering from the outside. Like DCH said, I wouldn't be surprised if he popped up at the last moment and stole a cheap win after both men beat the crap out of each other and left on the ground wounded.

Probably be Swanton onto Koslov for cheap win, leaving HHH looking at Hardy confused and a bit betrayed.

If this is a work, it doesn't really jive with their new "kid friendly" direction to post something like this the night before a big event.

I mean, this IS Jeff Hardy we're talking about. It's not that out of the realm of possibility that he would be found knocked out somewhere hopped up on all sorts of drugs (pure speculation here, folks!)

If it's supposed to be an angle you'd figure they'd throw in that he was beat up or something of that nature...seeing as they've made him being on his last strike part of storyline a few times of late.

It's also a shitty angle.

Until we know if it's real or a work, it's hard to give any sort of response to it. Someone wake up Meltzer or Scherer.

Could this maybe have a connection to a starting storyline with Edge? Reportedly he at least was seen and photographed at Boston airport yesterday...

http://idiotsrunningawebsite.net/superstars/e/edge/gallery...ans/1/index.php

I have no issues with the angle if it means that Edge is back. Why did Edge take time off anyway? Was he hurt or just wanted to take a vacation?

If it's an angle, the idea of Vince calling up Joey Styles at 5 in the morning, telling him he has a GREAT idea for a story that has to start nownownow is just hilarious to me.

Maybe tonight, he'll fall into the casket with Big Show, and goodbye. Now that's what I call a burial, pun intended.

No, seriously, that won't happen. Imagine just how bad Triple H and all the other main eventers would look if Christian could just come back from TNA and surpass them all within one night. I'd rather say it has something to do with Edge returning. And that's awesome enough...! :D

Its definitely a work.

If its not, its because Hardy is about to get wished well in his future endeavors for violating wellness again.

If it's an angle, the idea of Vince calling up Joey Styles at 5 in the morning, telling him he has a GREAT idea for a story that has to start nownownow is just hilarious to me.

If it was a work that they were planning on doing it ahead of time, then they may have had it coded into the site already, and when the timer reached zero, then the news update got posted. Either that or Vince wanted to fuck up Joey's Sunday morning.

Naah, I don't think anyone would ruin someone's morning by posting such a small news. WWE will most probably use some kind of content management system that composes the website dynamically upon users' requests. So if you visit WWE.com on say 6 AM, when the predefined time for the article has not been reached, you're not getting this news. At 7 AM however, you get. And that can easily be set to be this way daaaaays ahead without anyone noticing before they want him to.

I think it might be real. If it was fake they would say something other than a hospital like a medical facility.

Michael Cole and his euphemisms.

Cole in 1999:"He's been placed on that symbol (cross)!"

Jeff Hardy story

WWE.com is reporting that Jeff Hardy was found passsed out in a stairwell last night at the Boston hotel he was staying at and rushed to the emergency room.

It appears this is an angle foir tonight's show and not a legitimate news story but we will update with more details.

--f4w

True.

But it's not as funny that way.

Okay, good point! :asshole2: :D

btw, Dave Scherer says: "I have called around this morning and it appears that the WWE.com story about Jeff Hardy is a storyline thing. No one I talked to heard anything about the "incident" and the wording of it on the company site certainly looks as if it's a work to hype tonight's PPV. Again, this is not 100% confirmed at this time but it appears it is nothing for anyone to be concerned about."

This whole thing makes zero sense if it's a storyline, which is what it now sounds like. The guy tries like hell to get in a title match on a PPV, then apparently gets trashed the night before and ends up in the hospital? Further, I've never understood the mentality of hyping a PPV around the notion of someone NOT being there for an advertised match.

Basically I'm thinking Edge ends up in the title match tonight and pins Koslov for the belt. That's fine with me, fits his douchebag character well to win another title like that. They can then go with HHH vs. Edge at the Rumble, Christian debuts to screw over HHH, and maybe Jeff can win the Rumble and get to Edge.

In fact, now that I think about it more we don't even know what is wrong with Jeff or why he needed to go to the hospital. Maybe it will be revealed that Edge attacked him?

Could this maybe have a connection to a starting storyline with Edge? Reportedly he at least was seen and photographed at Boston airport yesterday...

http://idiotsrunningawebsite.net/superstars/e/edge/gallery...ans/1/index.php

I have no issues with the angle if it means that Edge is back. Why did Edge take time off anyway? Was he hurt or just wanted to take a vacation?

He was on Between The Ropes last month and said that he asked for time off. He also based his out-of-control character leading up to his match with Taker at SS on The Joker.

Basically I'm thinking Edge ends up in the title match tonight and pins Koslov for the belt. That's fine with me, fits his douchebag character well to win another title like that. They can then go with HHH vs. Edge at the Rumble, Christian debuts to screw over HHH, and maybe Jeff can win the Rumble and get to Edge.

That sounds so awesome it has to be like that. :headbang:

Overall, this thing makes me wanna see the PPV even more. Even if I was just visiting WWE.com and conclude from this news that Hardy could well miss the show, I'd want to know what happend to him, who did it, if he's on the show... you name it. So I guess this whole thing might work for some more people other than me and end up in some (if only a few) more buys~!

This whole thing makes zero sense if it's a storyline, which is what it now sounds like. The guy tries like hell to get in a title match on a PPV, then apparently gets trashed the night before and ends up in the hospital? Further, I've never understood the mentality of hyping a PPV around the notion of someone NOT being there for an advertised match.

In fact, now that I think about it more we don't even know what is wrong with Jeff or why he needed to go to the hospital. Maybe it will be revealed that Edge attacked him?

I guess because it's Jeff that's what they want you to think, but since it's a storyline he could have just as easily been attacked and been left out cold in a stairwell.

So...they decide to make a storyline out of a 2 strike drug policy guy being rushed to the hospital after being found unconscious...with not even a hint that it was an "attack"...

And they put it on their site the day that he has a title shot. So that either A: Hardy fans that see it will be less likely to order their ppv (after, of course, they're talked down from the roof of their trailers fearing for Jeffro's safety) OR worse B: Won't see it and will get burned if this leads to him being pulled off of the show.

Great angle.

I fully expect him to somehow win the title tonight. Cause it wouldn't make a lick of sense.