TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpww7

Jeff Hardy not at all rushed to Emergency Room (WWE.com storyline)

McMahon has reached a new low with this. Anything to prop up his dying company. He exploits past tradgedies to make a buck, just like he's done with Eddie Guerrero's death for years. Vince has proven he's still one of the biggest white trash scumbags around.

McMahon has reached a new low with this. Anything to prop up his dying company. He exploits past tradgedies [sic] to make a buck, just like he's done with Eddie Guerrero's death for years. Vince has proven he's still one of the biggest white trash scumbags around.

His dying company has made record revenues the past few years.

This angle probably won't be effective, but there's no need for hyperbole. This isn't Eddy's in hell here.

WWE.com says Jeff has been released from the hospital.

BOSTON – As reported earlier today on WWE.com, at approximately 3 a.m. this morning, Jeff Hardy was found in the stairwell of his Boston hotel and rushed to a local emergency room.

WWE Senior Vice President of Talent Relations, John Laurinaitis has been in contact with Jeff, who has been released from the hospital. Laurinaitis is investigating the incident. It is questionable as to whether or not Jeff Hardy will perform tonight.

It has to be a work now. There's no way they'd let him perform otherwise.

And no way every wrestling news outlet would report it as a work if it wasn't.

I'm picking Jeff to get the win tonight just so they can talk about how many odds Jeff overcame to get this win (beating Taker and HHH on SD, injury at hotel, and still beating HHH & Kozlov at the show).

This needs to be addressed at the next conference call. Seriously, who the fuck does WWE think they are? It's bad enough that their "wellness" policy is further exposed on a weekly basis, but now they are willing to tease it as a storyline angle to fool the internet into buying a PPV. The only reason people are all over the story is because Hardy has two strikes against him. I mean, for all we know, he could have been jumped by Koslov. WWE never mentioned how or why Hardy was unconscious. But it's Jeff Hardy, a month after he was not allowed on a plane because he was drunk and eight months after getting suspended for drugs. So it has to be drugs, right? Any legitimate investor would be screaming for what really happened and why is this guy still employed.

Like I have said for years, if it's on WWE.com, it's a work. They've just done a better job with it this time.

Edge is in Boston and will probably replace Jeff Hardy in the Triple Threat match. From a new report that I read...Jeff Hardy is fine.

Honestly, I think this is brilliant by WWE. They have people scouring the internet all day for news leading into a PPV.

Exploitation? Jeff was suspended twice for drug use. It's hardly like dicking around with the legacy of a dead wrestler.

I think its arguably counter productive for the company. From a creative stand point if the story is that Kozlov or Edge took him out then what purpose does it serve to leave the reason he was "passed out" so vague? Surely they realize we'll assume an OD so if it is intended to be a beating and you choose not to put in something about him being "bloodied" or some clear sign of an attack than you have people thinking that Hardy either really ODed and might be in danger for his life, might be at risk to be fired, or you have people assuming its a story but a story playing on his drug abuse and 2 strikes. It just seems odd to misdirect your audience in such a way. That's of course assuming that it is an attack story and not an OD one.

And from a business standpoint it seems odd that the company is aware enough to feel that their passe approach to marijuana and the way some like Kendrick treat it could be something that hurts them publicly given their past problems with drugs... but then to put out a story that so clearly leaves room to interpret as the company playing around with the real life drug issues of an employee.

On the flip side I have to give them credit. I had no idea Survivor Series was tonight and may not have realized it at all today. I know now because this story caught my attention and filled me in. So to that end, this worked to attract more eyes. I'm not buying the PPV but someone probably will and even just me knowing the PPV is tonight is potentially good for business even if it just means me tuning into RAW tomorrow and helping the ratings a bit. So I have to admit, if the goal was to find a way to toss some extra advertising on the PPV it worked in at least one case.

I think this is a brilliant idea. Hell, if adding a few "reports" to your website, and some last minute booking adds a few extra buys, then why the hell wouldn't they pull something like this every blue moon? It's not unusual for a guy to get jumped backstage and no one seeing it, so a guy getting beat down at his hotel isn't that much of a stretch.

Honestly, I think this is brilliant by WWE. They have people scouring the internet all day for news leading into a PPV.

Exploitation? Jeff was suspended twice for drug use. It's hardly like dicking around with the legacy of a dead wrestler.

I doubt anyone is going to go out and order the PPV because of this BS. It probably cost WWE a handful of buys by pepole put off by the shananigans.

I'll try and catch a stream like I was planning on doing anyways.

How could the WWE mention Kozlov in their posting? They don't know if he perpetrated this crime.

Honesty does Jeff Hardy really have to overcome the odds in order to win the belt.

I didn't say the WWE mentioned Koslov. I said that WWE didn't mention why Hardy was unconscious. The implication is that is was drugs, given Hardy's past. But it could have been Koslov, Triple H, tripping on lint at the top of the stairs, or a bunch of other examples. This was done to piss off the internet, and it's stupid, because five minutes later, we knew it was fake.

Sounds like you're pissed because you didn't think of it yourself. Seriously, all the bitching about this is so misdirected. Something else in life is pissing all of these people off and it's like this story sent them over the edge. Sad.

Sounds like you're pissed because you didn't think of it yourself. Seriously, all the bitching about this is so misdirected. Something else in life is pissing all of these people off and it's like this story sent them over the edge. Sad.

Yea, I'm not understanding the problem either...?

God forbid the WWE use their own website, to promote their own storyline...(If that is in fact what they're doing, which seems likely) What exactly are they exploiting here? How is it any different then a backstage segment on RAW where someone is 'found unconscious' backstage?

I don't even think it has to do with them trying to get more buys. (I mean, saying one of their most popular performers might not be at the show isn't the way to do that...) But rather, trying to add something interesting, to a storyline that's pretty much been the same thing since it began, that being pretty boring. Minus the Hardy 'tweener turn'.

McMahon has reached a new low with this. Anything to prop up his dying company. He exploits past tradgedies to make a buck, just like he's done with Eddie Guerrero's death for years. Vince has proven he's still one of the biggest white trash scumbags around.

But you can't wait to find out what WWE 24/7's January theme is going to be, can ya?

A death is serious business. This is a storyline. I can see where people would get upset but this is not the first time (nor will it be the last) WWE.com has a fictitious news story that no other ACTUAL news sites cover (you have heard of these, right Penguin?). Are people upset because there is an implication he was passed out in a stairwell because of drugs? Ok, fair enough, but nowhere does it say that and I suspect the build here is someone attacked him. I will gladly change my tune if they go on PPV and say "druggie passed out in a hotel but he's cleaned himself up and is spoilin' for a fight!", but until then, I wish KANERULESFAN was here to have some fun with this mess of a thread.

I hope this ends with the "reason he was in the stairwell" being something not drug-related, Hardy gets pissed b/c everyone assumed it was drugs, wins and turns heel. Or an Edge return. Either way, Smackdown gets the established heel they so desperately need right now.

Eh, most of the "reporters!" hate WWE anyway, so it doesn't surprise me they'd bash anything and everything. It's like they have to be spoonfed every detail or else.

Scroby is that you?

I have heard of wrestling news sites, and I don't think they have a 100% success rate on their "reporting", although I will take their word on this. I never questioned if it was a work, I am questioning the intelligence of using this idea as a work.