TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

WWE Survivor Series - November 23, 2008

Order of card taken from wwe.com:

Undertaker vs. Big Show (Casket Match)

Undertaker wins, but Umaga is back to attack the deadman.

Jeff Hardy vs. WWE Champion Triple H vs. Vladimir Kozlov (Triple Threat Match)

Triple H pins Hardy yet again. There will be a rematch next month.

Team Batista vs. Team Orton Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match

Orton is the sole survivor. He's usually good at this pay per view doing it twice in his career, I say he does it again.

Team HBK vs. Team JBL Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match

Shawn Michaels is the sole survivor.

Team SmackDown vs. Team Raw Divas Survivor Series Elimination Match

Raw wins. Who is the survivor? Meh.

World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho vs. John Cena

Jericho wins. They can't really hotshot the title onto Cena, because who will he face then?

World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho © vs. John Cena

WWE Championship: Triple H © vs. Vladimir Kozlov vs. Jeff Hardy (?)

Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match: Team HBK (The Great Khali, Rey Mysterio, Cryme Tyme, and Shawn Michaels) vs. Team JBL (MVP, Kane, The Miz & John Morrison, and JBL)

Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match: Team Batista (World Tag Team Champions CM Punk & Kofi Kingston, ECW Champion Matt Hardy, R-Truth, and Batista) vs. Team Orton (Mark Henry, WWE Intercontinental Champion William Regal, WWE United States Champion Shelton Benjamin, Cody Rhodes, and Randy Orton)

Casket Match: The Undertaker vs. The Big Show

Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match: Team Raw Divas (Candice Michelle, Kelly Kelly, Mickie James, Jillian Hall, and WWE Women's Champion Beth Phoenix) vs. Team SmackDown Divas (Maria, Maryse, Victoria, Natalya, and WWE Divas Champion Michelle McCool)

I'm a sucker for elimination matches and the two titles matches should be fine (though I'm not so sure about a HHH vs. Kozlov one on one match if that's what ends up happening). Jericho vs. Cena is interesting in the sense that, much like Cyber Sunday, they've booked themselves into another corner where either Jericho loses, giving him yet another short title reign, or Cena fails on his heavily hyped big return. I imagine it will be a schmoz with the WWE Title match having a clean ending (which at one point I thought was Hardy winning). Undertaker should end his feud with Big Show (or was one of the "Canadian" folk suggested - Dragon? Destroyer (who is not even Canadian)? - Umaga could hide in the casket to start the next feud). I think Team Orton, Team HBK, and Team Raw will come out victorious, but really those results seem irrelevant and I'll just be happy with good matches. I'm hoping for some classic Shawn vs. The Odds, ending with some good interaction with Morrison.

Edit: That bastard beat me to the punch but I'm leaving all my match preview links in anyway.

Undertaker vs. Big Show (Casket Match)

I'm pretty sure that some kind of weirdness will happen tonight. I'm guessing Undertaker wins, but I was drunk last night

and was having a vision of Edge returning and helping Undertaker. I know that probably won't happen, but if it does...

I CALLED IT.

Jeff Hardy vs. WWE Champion Triple H vs. Vladimir Kozlov (Triple Threat Match)

Kozlov attacked Hardy, putting him in the hospital, leading to it just being HHH vs. Kozlov. Trips is mad, because Hardy and he

"respect" eachother, and so he destroys Kozlov during the match. Hardy mysteriously escapes the hospital and returns to

betray HHH and win the belt.

Team Batista vs. Team Orton Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match

CM Punk is the sole survivor, further putting him over. Punk eliminates Orton for the win, thus getting his revenge and all that.

Team HBK vs. Team JBL Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match

Match comes down to HBK and Morrison, and Morrison once again hits HBK with Sweet Chin Music for the win, gaining more

heat for their inevitable feud.

Team SmackDown vs. Team Raw Divas Survivor Series Elimination Match

I'm guessing RAW wins, mostly because of Beth.

World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho vs. John Cena

Cena jobs again, because it ain't 2006 anymore and the Superman Marine push is over.

Undertaker vs. Big Show (casket match): End this tedious feud, please. It's a casket match, it's Survivor Series, and Big Show is screwed the same way Kamala and Yokozuna were screwed. Just let it be clean, no Umaga, no Edge, just Show jobbing.

Jeff Hardy vs. HHH vs. Kozlov, WWE title: The whole Hardy story on WWE.com seems like a work designed to get him out of the match. If that's the case, I'm betting on the return of Edge and he'll find some way to sneak out with the belt tonight. Probably by pinning Kozlov.

Raw women vs. SD women: It should come down to both champions, Phoenix and McCool. And since Beth got the win last time, this time Michelle gets the win back. Sole Survivor: Michelle McCool.

Team Batista vs. Team Orton: I hope they repeat the 2006 booking here just for my own amusement. Clean sweep for Team Batista, with Orton taking a walk and getting counted out so he won't have to lose clean.

Team HBK vs. Team JBL: Given what we saw on Raw it should come down to Michaels vs. Miz and Morrison. This time HBK gets the win and beats both men. Sole Survivor: Shawn Michaels.

World title, Chris Jericho vs. John Cena: I know Cena is making his big return here, but there's no way he should beat Jericho with zero build. That said, can they really job Cena clean here either? This looks like a lame DQ.

World title, Chris Jericho vs. John Cena: I know Cena is making his big return here, but there's no way he should beat Jericho with zero build. That said, can they really job Cena clean here either? This looks like a lame DQ.

Why not? I say they really really should. There's such a big lack of credible main event heels. And did Shawn jobbing clean to Jericho hurt him? Did Batista jobbing relatively clean hurt him? Nope. Do their fans care less about them in the slightest because of those losses? Nope. But it did wonders for elevating Jericho.

They could just say that Cena was rusty. Or perhaps cut off guard by a move of Jericho's. I mean, he's been gone for a long time and has just been thrown back in the main event. If this was real life, you wouldn't be surprised to see a clean loss. I don't think it would hurt him at all. However it would finally etch in stone Jericho as a serious main event heel.

Now they can, but will they be smart enough to? Probably not.

"The three ten-person matches are all elimination rules, you know, Teams of Five Strive to Survive (which is far superior to some of the bad years where it was Teams of Four end up as a Bore)." From Meltz's preview. I enjoyed the joke.

"The three ten-person matches are all elimination rules, you know, Teams of Five Strive to Survive (which is far superior to some of the bad years where it was Teams of Four end up as a Bore)." From Meltz's preview. I enjoyed the joke.

Since when were the four-on-four years so bad? Beats all of the filler that you had to put up with in 1988.

Well, the 5 on 5 matches from 1987 were much better than say, Jerry Lawler and his midgers vs Doink and his midgets. Perhaps that's the comparison. I don't agree with it totally (95 and 96 both have great 4 on 4 matches) but as a one-liner, I thought it was funny.

Will Umaga team up with Big Show, aligned with Vickie? Or will he be attacking on his own accord? If it's the latter where does Vickie and especially Big Show go? I can't think of a feud I want to see involving Big Show. I still like the idea I was kicking around of Big Show becoming Tag Team Champion all by himself. I don't think it would diminish tag teams at all, but actually put focus on the division if handled properly. Big Show is the largest wrestler, former heavyweight champion who could beat Primo and Carlito in a shoot assuming they had to fight under tag rules. I'd put the titles on Big Show and have him keep them until WM.

Why not? I say they really really should. There's such a big lack of credible main event heels. And did Shawn jobbing clean to Jericho hurt him? Did Batista jobbing relatively clean hurt him? Nope. Do their fans care less about them in the slightest because of those losses?

Were either of those guys the top babyface in the company who was making his triumphant return from injury?

They could just say that Cena was rusty. Or perhaps cut off guard by a move of Jericho's. I mean, he's been gone for a long time and has just been thrown back in the main event. If this was real life, you wouldn't be surprised to see a clean loss. I don't think it would hurt him at all.

If WWE was booking for athletic credibility, that would be finish to have. But this is WWE, which books for entertainment and over-the-top stories.

I like the finish speculated on at the Observer site, with Batista interfering to attack Jericho and accidentally costing Cena the title. You avoid yet another title change, give a reason for Batista to be added to the title picture, and avoid Cena doing a clean job, which I think he's done far too many off this year.

I can see Umaga costing Undertaker the match against Big Show, but at the same time, this isn't TNA where you see the same finish multiple times on the same show, and in the main event you've might already have an outside interference finish.

With the Smackdown title match, Edge is there so he could be involved in some way, maybe even being added to the match. I think it more likely they tease Hardy not being there but he shows up, maybe even part way into the match, but Edge shows up and costs Hardy the win.

I like all of those finishes, but they're very similar so I don't expect to see all of them actually happen.

The Visionaries (Team Batista) vs. The 4x4s (Team Orton)

The Million Dollar Team (Team JBL) vs. The Megapowers (Team HBK)

The Dream Team (Team Phoenix/Raw) vs. The Rude Brood (Team SmackDown/McCool)

Obviously I just re-used those. Here's some real ideas:

The Animals vs. The Voices in my Head

The Heartbreak Krew vs. Wall Street Blues

Raw Energy vs. The Blue Bombers.

I don't really like any of those and that's probably a good indication why no team has been named since "Team USA" and "Team Canada" in 1997. (Unless you count The Alliance as a team name).

I think Edge will win the WWE Championship tonight because it was reported that he was in Boston today and he will replace Jeff Hardy in that triple threat match. I think Jericho will also win tonight.

The Visionaries (Team Batista) vs. The 4x4s (Team Orton)

The Million Dollar Team (Team JBL) vs. The Megapowers (Team HBK)

The Dream Team (Team Phoenix/Raw) vs. The Rude Brood (Team SmackDown/McCool)

Obviously I just re-used those. Here's some real ideas:

The Animals vs. The Voices in my Head

The Heartbreak Krew vs. Wall Street Blues

Raw Energy vs. The Blue Bombers.

I don't really like any of those and that's probably a good indication why no team has been named since "Team USA" and "Team Canada" in 1997. (Unless you count The Alliance as a team name).

Team RAW vs. Team SmackDown you silly jew.

MORE SURVIVOR SERIES NOTES, LATEST ON JEFF HARDY

by Mike Johnson

Add

Ken Kennedy

to the list of those backstage at the PPV.

Jeff Hardy and Shawn Michaels are currently taking part in some sort of VIP autograph signing inside a box in the Arena. Hardy was selling no sort of injury, despite the storyline today.

My quick picks:

The Undertaker beats The Big Show in the casket match.

Triple threat for WWE title: Tough call. I want to say Hardy wins. Triple H needs to lose the belt. As much as I like the guy, he's held it for too long. I wouldn't mind Kozlov as champ, but I can't see that happening heading into the stretch run to Mania. Triple H pins Jeff.

Team Orton beats Team Batista. Orton is the sole survivor.

Team HBK beats Team JBL. Michaels and Mysterio are the survivors.

Team Raw Divas beats Team Smackdown Divas. Beth Phoenix and Mickie James are the survivors.

World Heavyweight Championship: Like I called on Monday, it'll be a Survivor Series screwjob. Jericho gets Cena in the Walls of Jericho, STFU, or sharpshooter (in order of likelihood) and Steph's tig ol' bitties call for the bell.

Thanks. last time I ask for a link tonight, what's the link for the TSM chat room?

Mike Stryker is best guy at the commentary table so far. And not to be a broken record but is there a TSM chat?