TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

WWE Survivor Series - November 23, 2008

What I'm getting out of it is that they wanted the fans to turn on the match because it was boring since Jeff Hardy wasn't there. No high flying type shit, just a boring old mat wrestling match with someone who needed to lose the belt and someone who people didn't give a shit about. Then you have two surprises out of the blue, one with Ede returning and then Hardy running in. That's what I got out of it.

Yeah, while I'm not sure if any of that booking is a good idea the end reaction was in fact what WWE was wanting. For instance, they wanted people to be pissed that Jeff wasn't wrestling. They wanted fans to crap all over that HHH/Kozlov match (which really was a standard TV type match and not a Steiner RR 2003 level debacle).

Of course where does that leave HHH? Have him go after Undertakers Streak. The backstage politicking for that match would be worthy of a documentary.

Wrestling wit Shadows Part 2: The Shadow of The Grim Reaper's Streak over The King of Kings :D

I see. I still don't fully buy that HHH, if he really were the insecure dictator who refuses to look bad even in video game form that everybody complains he is, would go out into the ring thinking "okay, I've got to make this match stink the joint up, make myself and my opponent look bad and get boring chants". But I kinda get where people are coming from now.

Christian comes back in a few weeks, Jeff wins the Rumble, E&C vs. Hardys at No Way Out just for shits and giggles, and Jeff finally wins the big one at Mania.

It writes itself.