TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 11/25 - 11/29

To clarify this OU/TX thing, head to head matters more in regards to OU and Texas because there isn't a clear cut tiebreaker if there is a 3 way tie for the division. Tech could do everyone a big favor and just lose to Baylor and save everyone a lot of trouble.

I don't really see a convincing argument when it comes to OU over Texas though. If both teams win they are 11-1 and it's not like Texas played nobody. OU played a tougher non conf. schedule with Cincy and TCU, but didn't play Big 12 North winner Missouri (which Texas did). So is anyone supposed to think OU should get in the national title game over Texas because they squashed Cincy in what was at the time a glorified paycheck game?

Yeah Texas' cry of "We beat OU" is going to become very valid if Tech loses. Then the 3-way tie is gone, it's a 2-way tie and suddenly H2H is all that matters. Damn Red Raiders.

lol I like Tech but this is great to see happen to OU fans. Especially watching them overreact already when TTU is down 28-21 in the 3rd quarter at home with a prolific offense.

Who are you again? You just remind me of someone from when I used to post here........espeically reveling in the pain of OU fans. Hmmm..........*points* I'm watching.

lol I like Tech but this is great to see happen to OU fans. Especially watching them overreact already when TTU is down 28-21 in the 3rd quarter at home with a prolific offense.

Who are you again? You just remind me of someone from when I used to post here........espeically reveling in the pain of OU fans. Hmmm..........*points* I'm watching.

I like him... let's keep him

For all the complaining all the pundits and commentators are doing on TV with regards to politicking, polls, style points, computer rankings, and so on, I haven't heard a single one of them suggest a preferable alternative method to resolve a three-way tie and determine who plays in the Big 12 championship game.

So if Oklahoma gets beat tonight, and Texas Tech beats Missouri in the Big 12 title game, Texas would still get the nod over Tech?

So if Oklahoma gets beat tonight, and Texas Tech beats Missouri in the Big 12 title game, Texas would still get the nod over Tech?

I expect in that situation we would see a sort of "poll reorganization" by the voters that ends up with Texas Tech ahead of Texas.

Even though Bob Griese was talking like the guy's career was over, the injury to Percy Harvin didn't look all that serious. It'd be awfully nice to have him on the field next weekend.

Georgia getting run the fuck over all day by Georgia Tech was awesome. My final regret about my stay in Athens is that I left before I could see the local reaction to that.

Choklahoma St. showed up tonight. So when OU beats them by 30+ I guess we'll officially be able to squash any debates until they get hammered in the BCS title game again.

The problem with Harvin's injury is that he has had nagging ankle problems for pretty well the bulk of his career at Florida (I believe the ankle he hurt today was the same ankle that required surgery in the off season). I'm quite worried at this point, but hopefully he'll be good to go in a week.

But they ultimately lose. Now it's Texas/OU vs Florida/Alabama in the title game.

I'd love to see OU lose this game and Tech to beat Missouri by 50 next week or something. It's too bad Missouri lost today. That's one thing that will hurt Tech if the aforementioned situation happens.

Hey, I'd love for the top 4 teams to have lost. Oh well. It does look like barring a comeback by either Notre Dame or Oregon State tonight, and barring an upset next week by UCLA, USC would be going back to the Rose again. Against Penn State, that ain't too bad.

Going back to the Boise State/Ball State bowl proposal, there's a much more plausible scenario out there where they meet in the Motor City Bowl. If Oregon State does not comeback to win tonight and we assume USC beats UCLA next week, Ohio State is then going to get the last remaining at large BCS bid which means the Big Ten will not have an eligible team to send to the Motor City Bowl. The WAC has enough eligible teams to fulfill their four bowl tie ins which would then free up Boise State to take the at large invite from the Motor City Bowl. That would also make it real neutral site game rather than the glorified home game that would be the Humanitarian Bowl.

Awesome, that would be a plausible scenario (happened in 1999 with Marshall and BYU, as the article said), and it would make "Ball State in the Motor City Bowl" a little more easier to accept. I'd love to see that bowl game, like Boise/UL in the 04 Liberty Bowl.

Well OU's defense is playing like shit and the offense didn't look all that great either. I'm losing confidence in OU winning this game by the minute. Fuck.

Brad Edwards claims all OU has to do is win and they're in. They don't even have to be that impressive. I'm beginning to wonder with this ugly showing right now.

Halfway through the 3rd quarter, Notre Dame still does not have a first down and has 17 yards of total offense. They should have some pride and not even accept a bowl invite.

Halfway through the 3rd quarter, Notre Dame still does not have a first down and has 17 yards of total offense. They should have some pride and not even accept a bowl invite.

I was listening to Mike and Mike on Monday and Dick Vitale was saying the same thing. Then Golic disagreed and said they should accept it for all the extra practice time they'd get. I mean, WTF.

I expect in that situation we would see a sort of "poll reorganization" by the voters that ends up with Texas Tech ahead of Texas.

I don't see any way at all of that happening. Tech has just fallen too hard after the Texas win, getting squashed by the Sooners and barely getting by Baylor at home.

Oregon has put Oregon State away (58 points!? Didn't see that coming). This probably knocks the Beavers all the way down to the Sun Bowl as I'd assume the Holiday Bowl takes Oregon now. Of course USC still does need to beat UCLA but if they don't it'd be a much bigger upset than 2006 as that was against a decent Bruins team.