TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

List Things That Bother You

Not much. Yeah, I do actually feel sorry for some of you. I mean, hell, panties is one of my favorite words.

Misusing "literally" I suppose is one of mine.

In the interest of not being redundant, I don't like when people sing "Happy Birthday" to me. Never have. All the way back to when I was two years old, there's a home video of my parents warning guests that under no circumstances are they to sing to me, because I hate it so much. Then they went ahead and did it anyway, so I started crying, screaming, and banging my head on the chair. This isn't radically different from how I currently react.

Here is an early Happy Birthday song for you....

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday dear queerbear

Happy Birthday to you

Now make a wish and then blow it out your ass ;)

Something that bothers me are white people who act more black than black people do.

And how are black people supposed to act?

Some black people naturally talk a certain way and there are white people who try to talk like that but more often than a black person who naturally would talk like that. There are black people who do act white like the black cowboy who was a host on Nashville Star. Thats funny but not annoying.

Black people be different from white people.

I'll literally die if this thread turns into Grungy Punk trying to defend himself from being called a racist.

Yeah, that bothers me too. So does the saying, "Believe you me". Gayest saying I've ever heard. So does people using the word "gay" to describe things that they don't like.

Sorry Nova Persei but I graduated high school and I took 1 year of college prep english while I was in high school. I'm a little too educated to talk like that.

I'll literally die if this thread turns into Grungy Punk trying to defend himself from being called a racist.

He's not a racist, that's what's so insane about this.

I don't like having anyone near me when I drive. I will seriously adjust my speed no matter the speed limit to make sure there is at least a good 15 feet between me and any car. This makes driving in rush hour or lunch time traffic unbearable.

When I've just met someone and they're talking to me like I have known them for years. This seems to happen at work a lot when I'll be working with someone new and then they'll go off for a while about all facets of their life, talk about their friends like I'm expected to know who they're talking about, etc.

Pretty much other things that have been listed, except for the birthday thing that Czech has a problem with.

Oh wait, another one is being asked to explain things and then being cut-off with a question about the thing I was getting ready to explain. This happens at home a lot... in fact since I was three, so it's one of the reasons why I don't really say much when people ask my opinion about something.

Oh wait, another one is being asked to explain things and then being cut-off with a question about the thing I was getting ready to explain. This happens at home a lot... in fact since I was three, so it's one of the reasons why I don't really say much when people ask my opinion about something.

I get that at work a lot. People ask how to pick let say, a cantaloupe, and then question the melon I hand them because I didn't do some arcane voodoo ritual they saw some third party do one time.

Guest Czecherbear
Sorry Nova Persei but I graduated high school and I took 1 year of college prep english while I was in high school. I'm a little too educated to talk like that.

lol

Guest Agent of Oblivion
People who scrape their teeth with forks or spoons while eating.

Oh my god a thousand times this. I snap at people I eat with that do this.

My other big one: Excessive spitting. I mean, if someone coughs something up or has something stuck, fine, let 'er rip, but those people that sit down and leave a puddle of saliva in front of them make me sick.

People who scrape their teeth with forks or spoons while eating.

This. It gives me goosebumps and makes me sick to my stomach.

I can't wear clothes that I know for a fact have been worn by someone else. So thrift-store shopping is forever out of the question. And I'm aware there's a good chance that any article of clothing I buy/try out at, say, Old Navy, has been worn by someone else, even if only briefly. It's easy to convince myself that I'm the first one to put on this shirt or those pants.

Another thing about this: I'm not some germophobe, not at all. It's the idea that I'm wearing something that has once touched some strange person's skin that makes my own skin crawl.

I can't wear clothes that I know for a fact have been worn by someone else. So thrift-store shopping is forever out of the question. And I'm aware there's a good chance that any article of clothing I buy/try out at, say, Old Navy, has been worn by someone else, even if only briefly. It's easy to convince myself that I'm the first one to put on this shirt or those pants.

Another thing about this: I'm not some germophobe, not at all. It's the idea that I'm wearing something that has once touched some strange person's skin that makes my own skin crawl.

Wow, I went to the thift store last year and bought five pairs of boxers, washed them and now where them proudly to this day.

Mentally retarded people. I get very uncomfortable around them.

Back when I was in middle school, there was this boy who put his hand up to his mouth and made a farting noise, then said "Shoooo, you poo-ted!" every day in P.E.

Guest Czecherbear
Mentally retarded people. I get very uncomfortable around them.

Back when I was in middle school, there was this boy who put his hand up to his mouth and made a farting noise, then said "Shoooo, you poo-ted!" every day in P.E.

But was he retarded? You didn't necessarily say he was retarded.

I think the reason that people confuse slash and backslash is because if you start at the top, a slash goes in the backwards direction.

When are backslashes even used?

DOS codes. C:\bullshit

Czech and His Big Ball of Neuroses

This sounds like a children's show, but I don't want to watch it.

When I was in grade 1 or 2, there was a retarded kid in my class who always rocked back and fourth making pig noises with his throat. I had spikey hair, and one day he was sitting behind me... He grabbed onto it and wouldn't let go. The teacher had to pry his hand off me. I think that's where my discomfort stems from.

I am really bothered by styrofoam, too. I'm really disgusted by its texture--the worst thing would be to bite your teeth into it.

I agree with this.

One of the things that bothers me is the way that clothes that are made out of wool feel.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm incredibly bothered by the idea of towels (paper or cotton) going into my mouth. It icks the hell out of me for some strange reason when people use a towel for their teeth, which aside from icking me out, is kind of gross in that same sort of sense that you guys are bothered with people scraping their teeth with forks.

I am really bothered by styrofoam, too. I'm really disgusted by its texture--the worst thing would be to bite your teeth into it.

I agree with this.

One of the things that bothers me is the way that clothes that are made out of wool feel.

In a similar vein, I remember trying to refuse a plastic spoon in favour of a real one in the lunch my mother was making for me in Grade 7. My reasoning was that I couldn't stand the "nail on a chalkboard" feel that resulted from a plastic spoon in a Snak Pak.

Oh yeah, the fact that I've been like an insomniac since I was 10. It started back when I didn't want to sleep, only read all the books my parents were buying for me at the time. My bedtime would be at 9 and yet I'd end up reading until 3 or 4 in the morning and awake at 6:55 and get ready for school. It went on for a few months and then I ended up going a day without sleep and it's been that way since. I mean I would actively try and go to sleep from that point on but I couldn't sleep. But I found the joys of meditation this way, which in a way kept me rested. I did have a period back when I was 14 of getting the regular amount of sleep needed. It lasted two months and it was a joy I'll never forget.

So to sum up, I'd say since I was 10 and a half that I could go a day or two without sleep and then just make it up in one day with getting 10-12 hours of sleep, get 4 or 5 the next day and then end up back at the beginning. Sleeping pills haven't helped the cause; my first few times doing heroin and methadone did the trick and the first few great strands of kush I got with my medical card worked. I'm worried this, along with my drug use will lead to me having a heart attack or stroke by the time I'm like 26.

But it's not a total nuance. I'm able to knock out a lot of my writings by doing this, perfecting my stand-up act, work out, cooking, etc. If only I didn't totally loathe the whole aspect of school, I would go out and get my degree. I have quite the collection of short stories, 3 novels, dozens of songs, and 20 screenplays written.

I've discovered that riding in a car without a seat belt bothers me. It feels way more vulnerable than having sex without a condom.

I never wear mine, ever since my brother was nearly killed in a car crash and only survived by being able to jump/crawl into the passenger side just enough before impact.

I've discovered that riding in a car without a seat belt bothers me. It feels way more vulnerable than having sex without a condom.

Ditto. Just because some people survive car accidents by not being buckled in doesn't mean shit.