TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chazz

WWE Raw; 11-24-08

Cena's promo tonight was a prime example of why I can't stand his character. It's nauseating how much of a suck-up he is to the fans. I know that he really feels that way and that his passion for the business is real, but using that to get more popular is unbelievable annoying and I'm already hating the fact that he's champion again.

John Cena sucking up to the fans like that pisses me off so much. I hope he gets injured again really soon. I liked him when he would do his comical rap routine but now he is just an ass kisser. Cena is a 80's Hulk Hogan wannabe. Its too bad he isn't in the Marine 2 that way he wouldn't still be around.

And I'll be there live for the Slammys.

...I don't know if I should be happy or sad about that.

I'm sure that Steve Austin will beat out that blue-chipper Rocky Miavia for the New Sensation award!

[/1997]

Its too bad he isn't in the Marine 2 that way he wouldn't still be around.

I'm still scratching my head over Ted Dibiase Jr. being in the movie instead of Cena this time. Rather random choice.

Its too bad he isn't in the Marine 2 that way he wouldn't still be around.

I'm still scratching my head over Ted Dibiase Jr. being in the movie instead of Cena this time. Rather random choice.

Cena's already in a movie coming out next year, and the company is high on Dibiase.

I hope he gets injured again really soon.

No.

That last segment was great. It did a solid job of establishing both characters, and it was nice finally see someone call Jericho out on his BS logic and insults towards the fans. Yes, Cena pandered to the people, but he came across as legitimate, and he makes a much better babyface character than Batista. I hope the beatdown will lead to a harder edged character for Cena, who thankfully toned down on the comedy tonight.

Man good thing the internet didn't exist back in the 80s... there would be nothing but Hogan bitching, how people can't believe Jake Roberts just fucked up again, etc.

The internet didn't exist during the 80's? Are you sure?

There is a big difference between the 80's and today. Back then it was a different feeling.

They might as well have had Jericho win the match tonight since we all know there isn't going to be a title change at Armageddon, so just use Jericho again as high quality fodder. Anyone else find it curious that Jericho beat Orton fairly clean tonight? Though to be honest I'm not sure Jericho got much out of that win given the way he got utterly beat down at the end of the show. Why would this make me want to see Cena vs. Jericho again? Cena has beaten him clean every time he's faced him, and now kicked his ass proper on Raw. Even Hogan would allow King Kong Bundy a heel beat down before the big match.

As much as SD is a show with several fun options at the main event level right now, Raw is just the opposite. Once Jericho loses it'll be nothing but combos of Cena/Orton/Batista for the next 6 months and there isn't anything compelling about any combo of those 3 guys. This isn't even bringing up the Shane/Steph angle, which I'm going to ignore for sanity's sake aside from this: There are two shows, Steph can take Raw....Shane can fire Vickie on SD and become GM. This isn't hard.

Raw was pretty rough tonight. Cena's promo was just........bad. I know he's supposed to be this Hero and all, but the shameless ass kissing to the "fine and good people in attendance" wore itself thin REALLY quick with me. Cena can make all the angry faces he wants, in the end, he's still the same white boy rapper/military guy with no edge to me.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the production truck when Vince stormed the place looking for whoever fucked up Melina's Tron during Candice Michelle's entrance. Funny thing was I didn't notice until the Tron was just out of range, and I though, "wait a sec, did I see Melina's video?"

I enjoyed Melina's take on the Code Red, but the women's match was horrible otherwise.

No comment on Melina's sunset flip powerbomb? I thought that was pretty cool; they beat TNA to the punch with that one.

Yeah, that was a cool move. Good to see Melina back.

Cena's promo was great, but the beatdown on Jericho took way too long. Should have had Jericho get a quick cheapshot early, then Cena reverses, gets some offense, with Jericho bailing out of the ring to escape up the ramp. Better yet (BEWARE: fantasy booking upcoming including 1 of my personal favorites), why not save & repackage someone like Palumbo as Jericho's bodyguard, and have him come out of the crowd to blindside Cena? Have them beat up Cena to put some heat on the feud, and then you can have Cena destroy Palumbo in the lead up to the PPV match?

Why give away beating up Jericho so thoroughly when they have a PPV match coming up?

I actually thought Kane was going to come out during that last segment and blindside Cena, thus putting more hype on their match next week.

I felt embarrassed to be a wrestling fan watching Cena's promo. This isn't the 80's anymore, and it seems Vince and Co want to re-book Hulk Hogan in 2008. Replacing Hogan's "Say your prayers..." line, Cena offers up "You're good enough, you're smart enough and gosh darn it, people like you."

Milena Roucka doing a stalker/super fan gimmick... where have I seen that one before.

Did anybody noticed, in the triple threat, it was so clear to me (Loud enough) that when Orton was about to whip Bautista towards the ropes, he said "Reverse to Spinebuster" and that's what happen. It was sooo freakin clear that I heard it and I have selective hearing.

I just wish that these wrestlers would just plan shit out before the match starts, well, maybe they do do that, oh well, it was just obvious.

I know it's worked, I just wish they just be a little bit more discreet about it. Let the audio around the ring go to a minumum, you know these little kids dont know, they think wrestling is real. We, as adults, we know it's fixed, but I'm just pointing it out to see if anybody else noticed it.

It still wasn't as clear as Rico yelling "Goddammit, hurry up Jeff" to Jeff Hardy at the Rumble a few years back.

*Survivor Series 2002* *cough cough* :D

I called a friend last night to ask what he thought of the show. The first thing he had to say was Cena's promo sucked.