Miami @ St. Louis

Saints @ Bucs

Atlanta @ SLAM DIEGO

Pittsburgh @ New England

KC @ Oakland

Denver @ Jets

SUNDAY NIGHT MADNESS: Chicago @ Minnesota

MONDAY NIGHT MURDER: Jacksonville @ Houston

Talk amongst yourselves. My school semester is almost over, thankfully, just around the time the Packers' season looks like it is too. More time for the holidays!

Im debating on whether to be worried about the Cincy game given its a division game on the road. Its a game they should win and for all intents and purposes they need to win since Im losing hope on the Ravens winning the Wild Card with the way the Colts and Patriots have turned it on as of late. A loss in the division might kill any playoff hopes they have.

Im debating on whether to be worried about the Cincy game given its a division game on the road. Its a game they should win and for all intents and purposes they need to win since Im losing hope on the Ravens winning the Wild Card with the way the Colts and Patriots have turned it on as of late. A loss in the division might kill any playoff hopes they have.

I see the Patriots beating Pittsburgh anyway, but it's still a must-win for the Ravens. They should beat Cincy: Take away the game against the Giants, the Ravens are still complementing their d with 35 or 40 points a game.

Realistically, as you said, the Colts and Pats are going to be the two wild card teams.

Well it's *cough, cough, WEEK 13* so I don't think the Ravens should have a problem there.

I'm just disappointed that the Titans couldn't hold up their end of the bargain for the Thanksgiving game at Detroit. Oh well, it'll just be another boring slaughter as fans all over the country lobby for the Lions to have their T-Day rights revoked (which I can't blame them for).

I'm very much in favor of dropping the traditional Cowboys/Lions Thanksgiving games and getting some other teams in there. Detroit is always awful, and I think we see enough of Dallas every other week of the season. I know the NFL has a captive audience for these things and it's tradition and all, but come on. I can't even remember the last really good Thanksgiving game. Enough is enough and it's time for a change.

Guest Czecherbear

I'll say keep the Lions, ditch the Cowboys. In a world where nothing goes right in football, Detroiters deserve to maintain the last vestiges of Something Special about their awful team. The Cowboys don't need to be nationally featured on Thanksgiving. They're nationally featured at 3:30 every fucking week, starring the voice of Cowboys, Joe Buck. Does he have a groupie in or traveling with Dallas? A booth rat?

Give Thanksgiving Game B to the Steelers or Packers.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Detroit has won one playoff game since the MERGER. They have no business making my thanksgiving worse than it already is. Get those suckasses out of the way and replace them with an original team that's actually relevant.

Last good Thanksgiving game I actively remember: Dallas/Miami: The Leon Lett Fuckup.

That seems to be the only T-Giving game I can remember giving a damn about. But as a Cowboy fan, nothing goes better with Turkey as a Cowboy win on the side.

What they need to do is put games that might have a hope in hell of being good. Like Giants/Cowboys or Bears/Lions and show a game where teams could show up and play. Last few ones have been total boring crapfest. And the NFL network game is just too late in the day to give any sort of fuck about.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Let's make the Thanksgiving discussion the focus of this week's Five Question Footlong

1. How do you feel about the Dallas/Detroit tradition? How would you change it, if at all?

2. Are there ten QBs in the league -right now- that you would take over Matt Ryan? If so, who? If not, does that blow your mind? Where do you rate him?

3. Who is the best player in the AFC west?

4. Where does Donovan McNabb play next season?

5. Why does Seattle suck so bad?

Guest Czecherbear

1. Keep Detroit's game, put Dallas in a rotation with some other old teams and give them the second and third games.

2. No. Not applicable. To smithereens. Eighth.

3. Jay Cutler

4. Vikings

5. Lame-duck coach

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'll answer them myself.

1. I think they should scrap them altogether and rotate "flex" scheduling in if there's a good matchup shaping up that week. I'd be willing to c ompromise on Dallas/Detroit playing divisional games, thus giving them at least some meaning, but that's worst-case. Detroit is totally useless as a city and football franchise. If the people living there want something special on Thanksgiving, talk the NHL into putting the Red Wings into a big prime-time game on that day every year.

2. No!

Brees

Warner

Manning (Peyton)

Manning (Eli)

Roethlisberger

Rivers

Ryan.

Insane. I'm discounting Romo due to the injury. Seventh.

3. Tough to judge. Probably Phillip Rivers, but I'm really keen on Jamal Williams. That guy is a god damn ox.

4. Philadelphia.

5. I have no idea. That's why I asked. Holmgren is freakin' horrible, though.

Guest Czecherbear

Pretty sure I called it months ago that the Seahawks would be a slimy pile of shit with a coach they knew was quitting on them, especially one that was quitting to give way to noted fuckup Jim Mora Junior. To the archives.

Jim Mora Jr. is the new coach of the Seahawks. In 2009. He's the coach-elect, hanging around for a year before Mike Holmgren retires. So that's a lame duck season. What a retarded move by the Seahawks. Man, gotta get the best of both worlds here, keep Holmgren in charge for '08 but OH MAN JIM MORA JUNIOR GET ON THAT SHIT GOTTA LOCK THAT DOWN. Who the hell even wants Jim Mora Jr. that badly, anyway? He's odd and weird and possibly gay. So now you have that creep looming over the Seahawks for a year before he officially takes over. What a strange move.

Then I also said they'd still trudge to 9-7. Damn. I thought I'd finally make a good prediction for once in my goddamn life. I'm still sore about my San Diego Padres 2008 NL West Champs thing.

1. How do you feel about the Dallas/Detroit tradition? How would you change it, if at all? Dallas game needs to go, but not the Detroit game.

2. Are there ten QBs in the league -right now- that you would take over Matt Ryan? If so, who? If not, does that blow your mind? Where do you rate him? No. Doesn't blow my mind or anything, I didn't think he would be this good, but envisioned him as being the ROY. Where I'd rate him...9th.

3. Who is the best player in the AFC west? Nnamdi Asomugha. Best corner in the league.

4. Where does Donovan McNabb play next season? Miami

5. Why does Seattle suck so bad? No top skill players.

1. How do you feel about the Dallas/Detroit tradition? How would you change it, if at all?

It's tradition... keep 'em both but at least have them play outside of their domes and in cold weather. It's Thanksgiving and it deserves to be played in a cold weather area. I was a fan of the Patriots playing (despite the throwbacks) but I hate seeing the dome games. The NFL Network has the "flex" option to all those pining for a rotation/flex schedule, etc. so blame them for airing their games later.

2. Are there ten QBs in the league -right now- that you would take over Matt Ryan? If so, who? If not, does that blow your mind? Where do you rate him?

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Eli Manning, Matt Hasselbeck (when his receivers are healthy), Donovan McNabb (Despite the off field moronics, he makes limited mistakes with crap for talent at WR) off the top of my head. So that's 8 quarterbacks but I'm not surprised at Ryan's success. Tom D's a really good talent evaluator (He came from NE after all...) and helped in the drafting of Tom Brady. Good credentials. Edit to add Romo so that's 9.

Nnamdi Asomugha. He should make like Randy Moss and bolt ASAP.

Minnesota Vikings

A plethora of injuries to their receivers (See Deion Branch & Bobby Engram early on), their O-Line has been mediocre, their running backs are decent backups/spot starters at best (JJ and Duckett), and they have a bad defense with a few talented parts that can't make up for the lack of a whole.

1. How do you feel about the Dallas/Detroit tradition? How would you change it, if at all? I'd allow different teams the Thanksgiving spotlight, and not just the same few teams.

2. Are there ten QBs in the league -right now- that you would take over Matt Ryan? If so, who? If not, does that blow your mind? Where do you rate him? Let's see. I'd likely rate him 5th or 6th -right now-. But once guys like Tom Brady comes back and if guys like Matt Hasselbeck return to playoff form, Ryan would get shifted downward.

3. Who is the best player in the AFC west? Offensively, Phillip Rivers (I mean, Cutler? Please.) Defensively, Nnamdi Asomugha. I agree with Harley. He needs to go elsewhere... preferrably Chicago. Fuck "Peanut" Tillman.

4. Where does Donovan McNabb play next season? NFL analyst. Just not Chicago, please.

5. Why does Seattle suck so bad? Injuries and no good QB for a long stretch, now no WRs.

I'll break this into two posts, one with predictions and another answering the questions.

Thanksgiving:

Tennessee @ Detroit: Bah to the Jets for ruining the epic undefeated vs. winless matchup. Ah well, the Titans will be really, really pissed off and Daunte Culpepper may not make it out alive. Tennessee by 21.

Seattle @ Dallas: Cowboys look somewhat back on track against scrubs at least, and Seattle certainly qualifies as a scrub. Dallas by 14.

Arizona @ Philly: Okay, the Eagles are a complete debacle right now but yet for whatever reason I think McNabb rallies the troops for this one. Besides, the Cardinals suck when they travel east. Eagles by 4.

Sunday:

San Francisco @ Buffalo: I was wrong about the Bills last week, but not this week. It's also the notorious west coast team going east syndrome. Bills by 10.

Carolina @ Green Bay: Carolina is done playing losers for the most part and they have yet to prove they can beat anyone decent on the road. Packers still qualify as decent...I guess. Green Bay by 7.

Giants @ Washington: Not buying the Redskins at all, their record is better than it should be with that +2 differential. Giants by 9.

Colts @ Browns: It's the usual deal here...the Colts cannot afford to lose this game. It might be the usual struggle since the Browns can play fairly well at times. Indy by 6.

Ravens @ Bengals: Ravens look back on track and should keep it going here. This is another game where a contender can't afford to lose. In fact I think the Ravens win that division, given the Steelers' unreal schedule down the stretch. Ravens by 13.

Miami @ St. Louis: At this point playing the Rams is basically a bye week. Dolphins should get back on track and win this by 14.

Saints @ Buccaneers: Somehow I doubt Brees will put up 300 yards and 4 TDs against the Tampa defense. Bucs also owe them one from the season opener. Tampa by 5.

Atlanta @ San Diego: This is a really, really tough call. The Falcons are a great story but are also capable of puzzling losses (Denver). Chargers at this point are in 100% "We can't lose another game" mode. So with great hesitation I'll take SD by 3.

Pittsburgh @ New England: The Steelers have a frightening schedule from here on (after this they have Dallas, Baltimore, and Tennessee left). Cassel is now on a roll for the Pats and they should take this one at home. NE by 7.

KC @ Oakland: Oh lord, this is too good to be true. Tyler Thigpen has put up some nice numbers but the Chiefs can't buy a win. Raiders are coming off a beatdown of the Broncos, so they'll keep it going at home. Raiders by 10.

Denver @ Jets: Denver is the most puzzling team in the league, one week looking great in beating the Falcons and then getting owned by Oakland. Can't see the Jets losing this one at home though. NYJ by 12.

SUNDAY NIGHT:

Chicago @ Minnesota: Very tough game to call and the winner has a leg up in the division. Vikings are playing fairly well right now so when in doubt take the home team. Minnesota by 3.

MONDAY NIGHT:

Jacksonville @ Houston: Stick a fork in the disappointing Jags, they are done. Houston should be better than they are as well. Texans by 7.

1. How do you feel about the Dallas/Detroit tradition? How would you change it, if at all? I would keep both teams actually but make it the same game ever year and make it a real tradition. As in Lions vs. Packers every year, Cowboys vs. Redskins. Something like that.

2. Are there ten QBs in the league -right now- that you would take over Matt Ryan? If so, who? If not, does that blow your mind? Where do you rate him? Tough question, so let's see:

--Peyton

--Eli

--Warner

--Brees

--Favre

--Rivers (he's proven a bit more at this point)

--Cutler (just won head to head over Ryan, but that's a tossup)

So yeah, he's in the top 10 QBs. And should only get better from here.

3. Who is the best player in the AFC west? I'll go with Asomugha.

4. Where does Donovan McNabb play next season? This is tough, in fact there may not be that many teams wild about signing him. He might end up like Culpepper, sitting around until the phone rings. I'll say Miami in the end.

5. Why does Seattle suck so bad? No more Mack Strong~! Also, coach is a lame duck, injuries out the wazoo, and their time is simply up even in a bad division.

Im disapointed no one's mentioned they would take Joe Flacco over Matt Ryan.

Flacco will be better than Ryan..eventually. Flacco just needs a stud WR to throw to instead of Derrick Mason all day.

Considering Matt Ryan's rating is a 88.3 and Flacco's is a 78.7, yeah I don't think anyone will say what you want them to say. If you like Flacco that much, cool. He's a Raven. Enjoy him, but don't get pissy because he isn't considered the best rookie QB. And no he shouldn't. What Ryan has helped the Falcons become is a much bigger story than anything the Ravens are doing.

It's a good tradition, but I actually kind of like the Cowboys so they can stay, I understand the tradition and all of the Thanksgiving game with the Lions, but I'm sick of them stinking it up (when was the last time they won the damn thing?) let's give another a shot to play that day.

Yes, Matt Cassel, Phillip Rivers, Brett Favre, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Ben Rothlisburger, Carson Palmer (when healthy), Peyton Manning, Eli Manningand Tony Romo. I rate him as a really good rookie, but I want to see him repeat and improve on this season for many seasons to come.

Of course Nnamdi Asomugha, one of the few bright spots of the season for my Raiders. The Raiders are going to franchise him again after this year and hopefully do the right thing and trade him for some picks (we need O-line and D-line help bad). He needs a change since after all he came in 2003. But with the cancer know as Deangelo Hall gone (weird how the Raider secondary got better with him gone hmmm) and with some of that money freed up and hell, maybe just maybe, Al seeing the writing on wall in terms of him running the team day to day, he could convince Aso to comeback and give him a fat ass contract.

I'm seeing McNabb in a Bears uniform.

Injuries, lame duck head coach and I think the core of Seahawks ran its course.

Why would you say Matt Ryan needs to prove himself and then include MATT CASSEL on the list as being better? Isn't he practically a rookie as well playing his first full season?

Actually, don't answer that question. I don't wanna know your logic.

Tennessee @ Detroit- As a Raider fan, I feel badly for Lions fans having to witness this shit. The road to 0-16 rolls on.

Seattle @ Dallas- Dallas is letting an easy one get by. They win easily

Arizona @ Philly- It's high noon for Donovan McNabb, and it ain't going to be pretty. The team is already in shambles, so I say Arizona wins to win their division.

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!:

San Francisco @ Buffalo- the West Coast teams can't get up for East Coast start times, so I pick the Bills.

Carolina @ Green Bay- Green Bay is schizophrenic at times, I think Carolina wins.

Giants @ Washington- Even though they have the NFC top seed locked up, I don't see the Giants letting up

Colts @ Browns- the Colts keep marching on.

Ravens @ Bengals- The Ravens keep rolling

Miami @ St. Louis- After a damaging loss, Miami rebounds against the shitty Rams.

Saints @ Bucs- The Bucs get revenge for the first week loss and end the Saints playoff hopes

Atlanta @ SLAM DIEGO- Die Chargers Die. Matty Ice does his thing and puts the reeling Chargers at 4-8.

Pittsburgh @ New England- Matt Cassel torches the Steelers D in this one.

KC @ Oakland- The push for worst division winner ever continues. It's a long shot, but The Raiders might have just waken up. We go to 4-8 to tie the Chargers for second place and make the Charger game actually important.

Denver @ Jets- Die Broncos Die. The Donkeys are frauds and with a loss and a Raider win, two games down with 4 to go is doable.

SUNDAY NIGHT MADNESS: Chicago @ Minnesota- teams are about eve, so I'll go with the home team.

MONDAY NIGHT MURDER: Jacksonville @ Houston- Boring. I'll the Jags in the worst MNF game of the year.

Matt Ryan has just had a more complete season. Flacco is developing nicely but he's still behind Matt Ryan's progression somewhat, but that could be a level of competition thing. Matt Ryan really got helped by the Falcons receivers deciding FINALLY they wanted to start catching the damn ball. Neither one has been disappointing. Flacco is probably one of the leaders for AFC ROY and Matt Ryan is clearly the NFC ROY, and Ryan will take the overall.

Cowboys should go. They are on television all of the time, it is never going to change and they don't need another national game. The Lions have nothing and honestly, they have actually put up a fight some Thanksgivings. I enjoy their level of futility and watching in shocked awe as they stumble and fumble their way to another loss. They are the NFL season car-crash, every year. Let them have their one moment in the sun before they sink back into the darkness of the cellar.

Prolly not. A little bit, but it's not like the Falcons didn't have receivers..they have just constantly underachieved for some reason. Not sure, eighth or ninth I think.

This season or just overall? I'll still take LT as the overall best even with his piss poor season. Otherwise, not a clue.

If Lovie wants to piss off the Bears fans, Chicago and Orton either leaves or goes to back-up. Knowing Lovie, he'd trade Orton and keep Grossman. If not Chicago, depends. San Fran might be a fun fit. He'd definitely have a power running threat and it would enable the Niners to draft either wide receiver or offensive line. Vikings and Bears though gotta be the leading candiates but I will pick the Niners because well, my lady needs some hope for next season of having someone who can throw a football.

Running backs are miserable. Hasselbeck may never get healthy and might as well change his first name to Tim. Deion Branch is suddenly injury prone in Seattle. Mike is thinking about his golf swing. It's a laundry list of issues.

Why would you say Matt Ryan needs to prove himself and then include MATT CASSEL on the list as being better? Isn't he practically a rookie as well playing his first full season?

Actually, don't answer that question. I don't wanna know your logic.

Well explain to me why Matt Ryan is better than Matt Cassel? Putting up a pair of 400 yard games kinda proves to me, Matt Cassel is damn pretty capable.

Because he has Randy Moss, Wes Welker and co? I mean, this is the same team Tom Brady was scorching the earth with last year, before New York decided enough was enough. That set aside, it's the LOGIC that Matt Ryan needs to prove himself before you'd put him on the list, when Matt Cassel is in almost the same boat himself, that I'm questioning.

Let's make the Thanksgiving discussion the focus of this week's Five Question Footlong

1. I'm in favor of blowing the whole thing up. The NFL should schedule Thanksgiving games that have the potential to be interesting. They don't need to be "marquee" games because it's a captive audience, but they should at least project to be competitive based on the previous year's results. I don't think "flex" scheduling is necessary here.

2. No, and it scares me in a lot of ways that he's so good. This guy could give the Bucs fits for the next dozen years or so. I'd rate him behind Peyton Manning, a healthy Tom Brady, Drew Brees, a healthy Palmer, Roethlishberger, Romo, Rivers, and Eli Manning. The things that he has over guys like Favre, Garcia, Delhomme, and Warner are age and upside. If he can avoid catastrophic injury and/or the rest of the team crumbling around him (and bear in mind that he plays for the Falcons), then it certainly looks like the sky is the limit for this guy.

3. I don't think I've watched an entire Raiders game in about five years, so it's tough for me to say (or spell) Asomugha. Phillip Rivers, maybe? Antonio Gates? Tony Gonzalez? I don't know, honestly.

4. I'm going to say the Vikings, but I fear that Gruden will make a run at him. I was a little conflicted about the prospect of the Bucs acquiring Favre; I'm dead-set against them acquiring McNabb. He sucks.

5. The curse of the Supersonics. Since they left, nothing has gone right with Seattle-area sports. Also, Hasselbeck was hurt, all of their receivers have been injured at one point or another, ineffective running game, terrible play in the secondary, lame-duck head coach, and on and on. The writing was on the wall for this team before the season started. And I say good, because their token playoff appearances had started getting pretty dull. I wasn't really itching to sit through another Seahawks-Redskins snoozefest in January.