TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

ECW Thread for 11/25/08

Striker mentions people on this show that I doubt Vince McMahon has even heard of, and you're shocked at a Colin Delaney reference?

Pretty crummy show overall, lacked any real star power tonight. Striker should thank his lucky stars that A] Foley walked from Smackdown! and B]Vince McMahon doesn't give a shit about ECW.

I, too, am really liking DJ Gabriel and Alicia Foxx.

Finlay cheats to win in order to keep him in the midcard, where he can work with the up and comers in the player/coach role. If he was winning clean he'd both move up the card and hurt his opponents who were jobbing to him. I've said it before, but FCW's current champion is Sheamus O'Shaunessey, (official website - http://www.sosofficial.com/ )of course playing an over the top Irish gimmick. Hornswoggle would be perfect for his gimmick, and it would allow Finlay to become the badass again.

I'm also disappointed the doctor bomb went unnamed. Oh well.

He probably didn't call it that because, on previous occasions when Swagger has used it, it was called the "Red, White, and Blue Thunder Bomb" which is a nice play on the blue thunder bomb name that also fits with Swagger's "All-American American" gimmick. Coincidentally, Swagger is from Oklahoma and does the Oklahoma Slam on occasion, but that's where the similarities to Steve Williams end.

ECW's working agreement with SD! served the brand much better. SD! has always been much better in building midcard wrestlers. Raw was always the draft destination for the wrestlers SD! built up, but never really built any wrestlers of their own. ECW was a nice showcase for the SD! midcard. ECW doesn't have a big enough roster to be an entity by itself, and Raw doesn't seem to be sharing and workers with them, though they certainly use their talent - poaching Knox permanently for nothing, and seemingly Bourne as well, along with using Miz and Morrison a lot lately. Heck SD! uses Matt Hardy, Miz/Morrison and Chavo Guerrero with nothing going back the other way anymore either.

The Brian Kendrick would make a much more entertaining ECW champion right now. D'Lo Brown, Goldust, Jamie Noble, Paul Burchill, Jimmy Wang Yang, Braddock, Goldman would all better be suited fleshing out the ECW roster than riding the pine on their current brand right now.

Burchill vs Gabriel so Burchill can use his OVW line of "We're both Brits, but you're Elton John whereas I'm Jack the Ripper"