TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

Legends of WrestleMania

Looks really cool! Some of the arenas they seem to have down design wise, WM3,4,5 and 6

are pretty accurate, and 9 is perfect. But some of the others are generic looking, like WMX especially considering Madison Square Garden's unique ( short entrance) layout. Hopefully some of these will change before the game is finalized. Something that would be cool, is a bonus level or hidden feature of the arena layout for WrestleMania 7 at the L.A. Coliseum which didn't happen because of "threats". I also heard that this game will only feaure WM1-WMXV, so that explains the lack of other "legends". Still hoping Savage makes it in there!

There's four people I'm hoping for in this game that haven't been announced yet:

1)"Macho Man" Randy Savage

2)Old School Undertaker

3)Eddie Guerrero

4)"Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase

As long as those for are in, everything will be fine for me.

24/7 is promoting the game next month and in a roundabout way already announced Perfect, Bossman, and DiBiase as being in the game.

If that's true, then that means one fourth of my remaining dream roster is complete.

Guerrero is iffy if they're only going up to the WrestleMania XV arena...

Update on that - this is what it says now:

Legends of WrestleMania – “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase presents the Legends of WrestleMania with classic matches featured in the brand-new video game.

This is what it said yesterday:

Legends of WrestleMania – “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase presents the Legends of WrestleMania with classic matches featured in the brand-new video game. Featured contests include Hulk Hogan vs. the Ultimate Warrior, The Undertaker vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts, Mr. Perfect vs. Big Boss Man and many more.

Sounds like THQ made them take it down. I hope Demolition, Hart Foundation, Strike Force, British Bulldogs and the Brain Busters all make the game. Legion of Doom is "confirmed" due to t shirts in the audience.

Hart Foundation is halfway there already, with Bret Hart in the game.

Question is if Neidhart made the cut.

Sounds like THQ made them take it down. I hope Demolition, Hart Foundation, Strike Force, British Bulldogs and the Brain Busters all make the game. Legion of Doom is "confirmed" due to t shirts in the audience.

Hart Foundation is halfway there already, with Bret Hart in the game.

Question is if Neidhart made the cut.

He should if JYD, Dusty Rhodes and Big John Studd made it. Niedhart competed at 6, JYD at 4, Big John Studd at 2 and Dusty Rhodes at 1 Wrestlemania. I am still trying to grasp how Dusty Rhodes who competed at 1 WrestleMania in a fucking mixed tag match counts as a Legend of WrestleMania. I am going to have an even bigger laugh when Koko B Ware and god knows whatever Jobber makes it but Savage/Demolition etc get left out. This game better have DLC.

If the game had the same roster size of Smackdown 2009 I wouldn't complain but it doesn't.

You can't complain because the full roster hasn't been released yet.

I'm freaking jacked about this after watching that IGN video from yesterday. While they skimped on some stuff (no Hoosier Dome for 8 or SkyDome for 6, just a redecorated SkyDome for both), they really got some of the other details down that I hadn't heard about before:

- Ring carts!

- The DX band stage at WM14

- Actual on-screen graphics used at each show for wrestler introductions

- Pretty accurate-looking entrance stages for most of the arenas (LOVE the neon-light columns from WM8). I remember the aisle at Caesar's Palace being in the corner, but I'm guessing they probably had to put it in the standard center of the side because of programming reasons (same with the MSG setup).

If the gameplay is half as good as the visuals, this is going to be an instant classic.

Hogan vs Andre gameplay footage.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45250.html

Couple of tidbits from the video.

It is mentioned that there are over 40 wrestlers and managers.

A majority of the Smackdown 2009 roster is going to be unlockable. I wonder who gets left out.

Ring size is smaller and the same moves are used over and over again. I do love the character models. They remind me of the Early 80's Wrestling Dolls/Action Figures.

Looks interesting. I don't like the idea that it's more of a fighting game with the same moves over and over again, but maybe it'll work.

I hope they do some touch ups on some of these guys.. Slaughter is missing his famous hat, JYD has no chains, etc.

Guys I'm hoping for: Demolition, King Kong Bundy, Earthquake.

This has probably become a instant buy for me because of the ring carts. When the original shots of Andre WALKING to a WM III ring surfaced when the game was announced, I was PISSED. But with the footage of Bam Bam in the cart, I'm guessing it's an option you can toggle on or off.

This is the nostalgic wrestling game I've always dreamed of. Unless it gets absolutely horrid reviews across the board, it's a day one purchase for me. Funny, I haven't even cared about SvR for about 5 years now, but this game has me pumped.

Yeah, I was just thinking Bundy really should be in the game if they are going to include a cage, because I believe WM2 was the only time they ever had a cage match at at a Wrestlemania.

Why are they being so secretive with the roster anyway? Doesn't the game come out in about a month and a half? I guess it's an OK gimmick to build anticipation, though.

As far as the gameplay video, I guess I don't mind the limited moves...I'd rather have that than have them go the LoW route and have Andre busting out stone cold stunners and spinning chokeslam powerbombs and crap. Seeing Hogan do a side Russian legsweep is pretty weird, though.

You have to remember that this is THQ/Yukes. When the roster was leaked for Smackdown 2009 they denied it. Have they released DLC for the 360 yet? It is February now. Have they released the main patch for Smackdown that they promised for the end of January? They have a horrible business model, lost a ton of money and have pissed off alot of their fans. I do not know why it is so hard for them to just release the roster all at once and have IGN do a Legend of the Day feature with pictures, video and bio.

Since the commentary in these games basically consist of random one-liners, they should have just used archived audio from Monsoon and Hennan. And those character models are way too cartoony.

Since the commentary in these games basically consist of random one-liners, they should have just used archived audio from Monsoon and Hennan. And those character models are way too cartoony.

I think the character models look great. I think this game is geared towards the 25-40 year olds with the models and the controls towards the kids. I remember thinking when I was 6 years old that Hulk Hogan was larger than life, with inflated muscles and a cartoon look. That is exactly how he is in the game. This game is pure nostalgia to me.