TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

Legends of WrestleMania

check youtube. Alot of people were at comiccon and took them with a videocam/phone cam. It's better than nothing.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/439/lowmadsf8.jpg

Legends Ad.

It Confirms Mr Fuji who throws salt into Bret Harts eyes. I wonder if that is apart of the gameplay.

It confirms Smackdown 2009 Superstars in LOW. It shows Randy Orton with a snake wrapped around him with Jake in the background. I wonder if that is apart of the gameplay as well.

It confirms Jake the Snake as well.

I haven't checked out a lot of videos or screens for the game because as I've gotten older I've decided the less I know the better the experience when I finally play a game (or watch a movie), but I did look at that ad and I love the reproduced Mania arenas featured in it.

Something someone brought to my attention.

Mr. Fuji is in the kimono look, which he only used in the early-mid 90s when managing a certain person. If his "Odd Job" look is in the game as well, the Kimono look could possibly confirm another legend.

Could it be that...Yokozuna is in Legends of WrestleMania?

Mr. Fuji is in the kimono look, which he only used in the early-mid 90s when managing a certain person. If his "Odd Job" look is in the game as well, the Kimono look could possibly confirm another legend.

He was the WWF Champ going into WrestleMania 9 and 10. It is safe to assume so. I hope Wrestlers/Managers have multiple attires.

I noticed the posted Dusty pick makes him look more like his classic NWA appearance. I think at his one Wrestlemania appearance, he already had the polka dot look, didn't he?

Hopefully guys will have more than one outfit, though.

Dusty only had the Polka Dot look in WWF from the beginning what I remember. It's probably an alternate attire in the game. I've seen images of HBK in both red and white outfits.

Since the commentary in these games basically consist of random one-liners, they should have just used archived audio from Monsoon and Hennan. And those character models are way too cartoony.

I think the character models look great. I think this game is geared towards the 25-40 year olds with the models and the controls towards the kids. I remember thinking when I was 6 years old that Hulk Hogan was larger than life, with inflated muscles and a cartoon look. That is exactly how he is in the game. This game is pure nostalgia to me.

Ditto. I love that they're kinda over the top like those old LJN rubber wrestling figures.

He was the WWF Champ going into WrestleMania 9 and 10. It is safe to assume so. I hope Wrestlers/Managers have multiple attires.

Yokozuna was not the champ going in to WM9.

Checked WWE.com, "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka is in the game.

Also, IGN's next ep is up. The ones they mentioned on this show (NEW is next to ones not before mentioned in this thread as officially being in)

-Stone Cold Steve Austin

-The Rock

-"Mouth of The South" Jimmy Hart

-Hawk

-Animal

-"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

-Greg "The Hammer" Valentine (NEW)

-"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan (NEW)

-The British Bulldog (NEW)

And last but not least...

-"Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase (NEW)....WITH Million Dollar Championship!

Confimed today are

Stone Cold

The Rock

Jimmy Hart

Hawk and Animal

Piper

Valentine

Duggan

bulldog

dibiase with million dollor belt

Jim Duggan is a legend and a legend of WrestleMania? What the F?

WWE Magazine is claiming that there are only 38 Wrestlers. I am glad JYD, Duggan, Dusty Rhodes and Big John Studd were used instead of real Legends of WrestleMania.

http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=299317

The only Character model that I do not like so far is Greg the Hammer Valentine. Davey Boy is from his summerslam 1992 look.

If that note about 38 playables is true...that would leave 14 more playables that haven't been announced in one way or another.

As long as we get Savage, I'm good with the roster.

Old School Taker I think would be a shoe-in

Still want Guerrero, but if they're only using arenas up to Mania 15, I can understand why he wouldn't.

As I said, Yoko is a good possibility.

And you're taking the name "Legends of WrestleMania" too seriously, YKRG. Sure they could have just called the game "WWE Legends", but they wanted to use the WrestleMania name.

Plus, there's a good portions of guys they couldn't use:

-Nash

-Dudleys

-Angle

-Booker

-98% of the roster in SvR (HBK and Taker being the exceptions)

-Benoit due to history

So...yeah.

...I just thought of someone else I'd like to see in the game that had two WrestleMania main events: Sid.

EDIT: Oh, and they also may or may not be able to use Owen Hart, unfortunately.

No, I am not taking the Legends of WrestleMania far too seriously, I am taking the Legends title seriously. I want upper midcarders, tag team champions, ic champions and former Heavyweight champions.

Has there been any word on DLC? Custom soundtracks? I do not know why THQ/Yukes is dropping the ball on DLC for Smackdown 2009. They are just missing out on revenue in my opinion.

OK...upper mid-carders...

-Well, JYD was an immensly popular upper mid-carder, even though he never got a title. He even fought for the Intercontinental title at WrestleMania 1. Plus, he has the Hall of Fame thing going for him.

-"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan is mostly in the same boat as JYD, minus fighting for a title at a WrestleMania (unless you count his appearance in the tournament). Plus, he's still with the company to this day. Also, first Royal Rumble winner

-Dusty Rhodes, while not having done too much in WWF back then, is a former 3 time world champion. Also has Hall of Famer. Also has two sons in the company (will be fun to put Dusty against Cody in the game)

-Big John Studd: Former Tag Team Champion with Killer Kowalski as The Executioners. Second Royal Rumble Winner, first one to win a PPV Royal Rumble. Also, had the feud with Andre...and is in the Hall of Fame.

Just pointing out justification for those people

For me, while some Legends are more important than others, anybody that is old school will be fun to me. I also always have a soft spot for "never before featured" people and will more likely use the guys like Hacksaw than Hogan myself. As for the Big John Studd argument, he was in one of the biggest matches of Wrestlemania I, and while that is probably a weak argument on my end, I think that alone warrants a spot. And anyone who doesn't like that, yes, I would love for Mr. T to be in the game as well.

And anyone who doesn't like that, yes, I would love for Mr. T to be in the game as well.

Only if we can get "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff and "Cowboy" Bob Orton to COMPLETELY recreate the WrestleMania 1 Main Event.

And anyone who doesn't like that, yes, I would love for Mr. T to be in the game as well.

Only if we can get "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff and "Cowboy" Bob Orton to COMPLETELY recreate the WrestleMania 1 Main Event.

You better pray for DLC.

see, now we are talking... Dusty, Million Dollar Man and Cowboy Bob vs. Cody, Ted Jr. and Randy with the Smackdown connectivity!

And of course (depending on if Fatal Four Ways are in the game) there's my idea about match: Andre vs. Studd vs. Big Show vs. Khali.

see, now we are talking... Dusty, Million Dollar Man and Cowboy Bob vs. Cody, Ted Jr. and Randy with the Smackdown connectivity!

And of course (depending on if Fatal Four Ways are in the game) there's my idea about match: Andre vs. Studd vs. Big Show vs. Khali.

Special Guest Referee: Big Daddy V

Wearing a striped sandwich board insted of a striped shirt.

Wearing a striped sandwich board insted of a striped shirt.

with ripped music on your 360, you can change his entrance theme to that of Fat Albert and the Junkyard Gang!

No, I am not taking the Legends of WrestleMania far too seriously, I am taking the Legends title seriously. I want upper midcarders, tag team champions, ic champions and former Heavyweight champions.

Duggan fits in with the Legends, though. He was one of the most over faces in the company next to Hogan back in those days.

I do not know why THQ/Yukes is dropping the ball on DLC for Smackdown 2009. They are just missing out on revenue in my opinion.

THQ isn't dropping any balls. The DLC is done. When it's released is all dependent on Microsoft's schedule. If you want to blame anyone, blame them.

I should have made my point a little clearer, I was talking about more DLC. If they announced/came out with a pack that had R Truth, Primo, The Brian Kendrick outfit, etc I would buy it for 5 dollars. I am sure others would too. I was talking about for the PS3 version. If they released new RTWM I would buy that as well.

That's what sequels are for. I'm surprised they even offer more roster updates - it's a step in the right direction, but when one considers that each year's game is essentially a big roster update, they can't be offering 15 new guys.

I also agree with ChrisWMasters that you're taking the game's title a bit too seriously. THQ is using names and likenesses legally available to them - simple as that. However, to justify the title for you, currently the entire roster is made up of WWE Hall of Fame members (all of whom had to sign a Legends deal) or people signed to Legends contracts but not in the HOF. That means that technically, every member of the roster is a WWE Legend, and the entire games takes place at WrestleMania venues, so it's 100% correct. This means that when Legends of WrestleMania 2: The Next Generation comes out in 2010, Sabu is 100% eligible.

I should have made my point a little clearer, I was talking about more DLC. If they announced/came out with a pack that had R Truth, Primo, The Brian Kendrick outfit, etc I would buy it for 5 dollars. I am sure others would too. I was talking about for the PS3 version. If they released new RTWM I would buy that as well.

The other PS3 DLC only came out about a month ago, how often do you need them?? They've already said in a previous interview to expect the second by WM. That and you can't expect them to give you everything you ever wanted in DLC, otherwise there's no point to making a 2010 game.