TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

Legends of WrestleMania

Here's a note from the Observer about the game....and why Savage won't be in it:

"As mentioned in a prior issue, not only is Randy Savage on the cover of the “Saturday Night’s Main Event” DVD, but they are going to do a Savage DVD for a 6/9 release, so Vince after all these years, said to be due to the economy and the mentality you can’t leave a DVD that you believe will do business off the table this year, has had a change of heart. This change was not early enough to get him in the Legends of Wrestlemania videogame, which McMahon personally ordered Savage and Mick Foley to be removed from. Names in the game are Andre the Giant, Road Warrior Animal, Arn Anderson, Bam Bam Bigelow, Big Bossman, John Studd, Bret Hart, Davey Boy Smith, Brutus Beefcake, Dusty Rhodes, Greg Valentine, Road Warrior Hawk, Honky Tonk Man, Hulk Hogan, HHH, Iron Sheik, Jake Roberts, Jim Duggan, Jim Neidhart, Jimmy Snuka, JYD, Kamala, King Kong Bundy, Koko B. Ware, Michael Hayes (did he ever wrestle at Wrestlemania?), Mr. Perfect, Nikolai Volkoff, Ric Flair, Rick Rude, The Rock, Roddy Piper, Sgt. Slaughter, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Ted DiBiase, Ultimate Warrior, Undertaker, Yokozuna and managers Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Paul Bearer and Mr. Fuji"

the IGN video shows the ability to make savage real easy. His complete WM7 attire is in the game, plus his moveset will most likely be in the game. This is the first game in the SD series since Here Comes the Pain to have real outfits in the game so it is easier to make people.

Will it be possible to edit character costumes, as I want to have King Snuka ruling things.

Doubt it. None of the Smackdown games allow you to.

Screw that. The whole selling point is being able to alter history, and if I can't have King Snuka, then I'm gonna be one unhappy dude.

This game is close to coming out right. I don't know when they have to plan out the rosters but they could have done it a long time ago. I would expect DLC for this. It would be good to have a larger, more diverse roster like in the Legends of Wrestling series.

Why did he refuse to have Foley or Savage?

As far as I'm concerned Foley shouldn't be in the game anyway. He's not really a huge name in WWF history since he only was a top guy for like a year and a half at best, and never really had any crazy wrestlemania moments. While guys like Beefcake and Kamala were obviously lower than him in terms of status, at least they have the nostalgia vibe going for them to be placed in the game.

Vince refused Foley because of him leaving and going to TNA. Savage because of god knows what. Vince agreed to do the Savage DVD after the cutoff for the roster of this game. He was talked into it due to the amount of money the DVD is going to make.

A question just came to my mind:

For DiBiase's entrance, will he just be announced by one place...or depending on what the internal clock says, will his residence change depending on the time of year?

They'll probably just go with Omaha, Nebraska like they did with his SDvR entrance. Either that or maybe we can at least hope for the "Seasonal Residences" line.

That looks like it could be from any number of games.

Also, isn't it kind of pointless to have "classic" Michael Hayes and not the rest of the Freebirds? More tag teams in general would be nice.

Roster 4 is up now on ign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd6VZrruXQo

Greggie is the biggest douche ever.

Undertaker doesn't have his coat.

Paul Bearer has the urn and it is shown to give the Undertaker some kind of power special during the match.

The Big Bossman doesn't have his Hard Time theme.

Koko does come out with Frankie.

Finkel hints at the Brainbusters in the WWE.

Ric Flair has his robe.

IGN did not show Snuka in any of the 4 roster videos. This leads to further speculation that there are hidden wrestlers in the game.

Lame-ass purple gloves, boot covers for Taker. He won his first two WWE championships with the gray, and purple is just such a pansy, cartoony color. Not to mention the fact that the purple era had some of his worst feuds in his run with the company.

Lame-ass purple gloves, boot covers for Taker. He won his first two WWE championships with the gray, and purple is just such a pansy, cartoony color. Not to mention the fact that the purple era had some of his worst feuds in his run with the company.

Are you really bitching about this?

Are you really bitching about this?

People here bitch about anything and everything.

No. He won one WWE Championship in gray, from Hogan, at SurSer91 - and lost it about 6 days later. He debuted the purple attire when he came back at Summer Slam 94 to face the Brian Lee Undertaker (who wore gray). He won his second WWE Championship in 1997, from Sid.

No. He won one WWE Championship in gray, from Hogan, at SurSer91 - and lost it about 6 days later. He debuted the purple attire when he came back at Summer Slam 94 to face the Brian Lee Undertaker (who wore gray). He won his second WWE Championship in 1997, from Sid.

But he went with the retro grey for that match against Sid at WrestleMania 13.

Sure afterwards he went back to his normal attire of the time, but for that night he was wearing the grey.

Ah forgot about that. But I bet if you were to ask anyone what they picture old school Taker in, it'd be purple. I know that'd be my answer, at least.

Depends on how old school the person you're asking is. I'd have said grey, along with the jagged edge shirt sleeves and the grey & black striped tie.

If you REALLY wanna go old school, he would have grey spats and black gloves.

Oh who the fuck cares!? You guys are really arguing about the color of the Undertaker gloves? Holy shit.