TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

Legends of WrestleMania

Depends on how old school the person you're asking is. I'd have said grey, along with the jagged edge shirt sleeves and the grey & black striped tie.

True enough. I mean, that's obviously old school as well.. but I think this game is more or less going for the most memorable appearances of these wrestlers careers.

Jesus, I didn't mean to trigger a firestorm about the Undertaker's wardrobe. I don't like purple. No self-respecting bad ass wears purple.

When I think of Undertaker wearing purple, I think of him "dying" in a casket match against Yokozuna or wrestling a fake Undertaker at SummerSlam or wearing a Phantom of the Opera mask. I also would've figured that any actual WM matches he would be in on this game (WM 7 vs. Snuka, WM 8 vs. Jake the Snake) would be from when he wore the gray stuff. Although I guess you could make a case for WM 11 vs. Bundy in purple. Whatever.

No, it's not the end of the world to have him in purple in a video game. In fact, that's been about the only thing I've not liked from what I've seen so far. Really, it's not a big deal, and I sure as hell didn't mean it to come across as such.

Taken from caws.ws

Legends of Wrestlemania Official Strategy Guide comes with a complete move lists for all 38 WWE Legends and 51 importable SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 Superstars. All tiers of opponents in Legend Killer Mode revealed, with tactics for conquering each one. Everything you need to recreate, rewrite, and redefine every classic match in WrestleMania Tour Mode

Here's the link:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=73451

Hmm...51 importable SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 Superstars.

Tony and Masked Man must not be importable, because out of the male wrestlers in the game, there's exactly 51 not counting the downloadables (which sucks if the downloadables can't be put in. I wanted a DiBiase & DiBiase tag team. :P).

Speaking of which, I kinda find it mildly interesting that there are no female legends in this game.

Sure, there's not TOO many they could put:

-Moolah

-Sherri

-Rockin' Robin if they're on good terms

-Trish

-Lita

-Leilani Kai

Wendi Richter would probably be out, given how she was cut.

Alundra Blayze would probably be out, giving how she left.

Bull Nakano, while it would be fun to play as her, probably isn't remembered enough in WWE.

Don't remember if WWE and Luna Vachon were on good terms or not.

And...that's about it, really

Well, true.

Something I am wondering though...did the THQ people already program the SvR09 people to have entrances on ring carts for being transferred into Legends of WrestleMania? Or will they just not be able to come out on ring carts?

I would guess that what you'd be importing is a model more than anything...so they should be able to do anything that you can make a CAW do...including the enterances.

Was just something I thought of.

I could almost see Randy Orton's cart entrance be him just going \_0_/ all the way down to the ring.

IGN has a new video up of the role that the Manager plays in the game. Mr Fuji uses his cane to pull down the top rope, hit the wrestler, trip the wrestler and throws rice in the eyes. Jimmy Hart uses the Mega Phone, Heenan just attacks and Paul Bearer uses the Urn which also gives power to the Undertaker. The ref is missing and it looks odd to not have one in the ring.

IGN has a new video up of the role that the Manager plays in the game. Mr Fuji uses his cane to pull down the top rope, hit the wrestler, trip the wrestler and throws rice in the eyes. Jimmy Hart uses the Mega Phone, Heenan just attacks and Paul Bearer uses the Urn which also gives power to the Undertaker. The ref is missing and it looks odd to not have one in the ring.

Rice or salt?

I'm picturing lots of "GRAPPLES O' DOOM!" ala some of the older wrestling games. Heenan will be trying to do something to you, and you won't be able to escape, no matter what you do, or how frantically you press the buttons.

Rice or salt?

Salt. I was thinking of something else while posting.

Here is how I would have done season mode/career mode.

If not for the next game. The game covers WrestleMana 1-15. The game starts out in January of 1985. Your wrestler is the next big thing. Half of the roster would be unlockable and based off of the time period. If you start off as Hogan you would have JYD, Big John Studd, Piper, Bret Hart, Koko, Andre, Iron Sheik, Nikolai to feud with.

The start of the game would include WWF Superstars every week which would have your wrestler going against jobbers to move you up the ranks and popularity. There would be a SNME once every month/2 months which would have top wrestlers going against eachother to develop or start feuds. It would be treated like the way Smackdown/Raw is treated now. There would be 1 WrestleMania per season.

After the first couple of years some wresters would retire/leave (Piper, Andre, Studd) and some will enter (Million Dollar Man, Mr. Perfect, Ultimate Warrior). Royal Rumble, Summer Slam and Survivor Series will be introduced by 1988 in game time. Rumble would be treated like the way it used to be. The Main Eventers actually participated in the event while the undercard would be a feud match, Tag Team Championship match and IC Championship match. Summer Slam would be a card similiar to WrestleMania except that the Heavyweight Title as you are building a slow build towards the next WrestleMania. Survivor Series would be purely for 4 vrs 4 team matches. Your team and opponents would be based on current feud and popularity of the Wrestlers.

When 1993 comes around WWF Superstars/SNME are no longer as WWF introduces Monday Night Raw as the weekly show for you to wrestle on. Your retirement match comes at WM 15 where you either pass the torch/championship to (Rock, Austin, HHH) or you lose a retirement match. A further note on the roster is that as the years pass a couple of more are introduced or come back while others leave/retire. The storyline could be that they either retired or went to a rival fed. This is how I would do the unlocking of wrestlers. Future playthroughs you would have the option on having the roster locked or unlocked and if people stay the whole time or leave.

The game would have a ton of previous storylines from the past to use and choices for your wrestler to make to either be a face/heel. Some of the storylines could be that your main rival is making the moves on your valet or cheating with your gf/wife (Jake the Snake/ Rick Rude). Another storyline could be that your main rival attacks you during your championship match which you lose and you have a retirement match at WM (Warrior, Savage). Another storyline could be that you are the new big star and all of the Heel Managers want you to join with them. You could either join one of them or pass on the opportunity. If you pass they will send all of their stable against you and potentially cost you your championship. Your way of getting back is to feud with the whole stable starting from the bottom and working your way up to a heavyweight championship match at WrestleMania the next year.

Roster 4 is up now on ign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd6VZrruXQo

Greggie is the biggest douche ever.

Undertaker doesn't have his coat.

Paul Bearer has the urn and it is shown to give the Undertaker some kind of power special during the match.

The Big Bossman doesn't have his Hard Time theme.

Koko does come out with Frankie.

Finkel hints at the Brainbusters in the WWE.

Ric Flair has his robe.

IGN did not show Snuka in any of the 4 roster videos. This leads to further speculation that there are hidden wrestlers in the game.

Have to think Steamboat is one of those as well, although Snuka is on the Roster page at the official LOW website.

Nice to see a Macho Man CAW will be easily put together.

You are missing

Ricky the Dragon Steamboat. Former IC Champ. One of the best wrestlers ever.

Demolition. 3 Time Tag Team Champs. They were apart of WrestleMania IV through VII. Wrestled for the titles at WM IV through VI.

Tito Santana. Wrestled at the first 9 WrestleMania's. He is more of a legend than 70 percent of the roster in the game. Former IC and Tag Team Champion.

Rick Martel. 3 Time Tag Team Champion. Upper mid card heel and had decent feuds with Shawn Michaels, Jake the Snake and Tito Santana.

Owen Hart is not in due to Martha hating Vince and the WWE.

Kevin Nash is under contract with TNA.

Foley is under contract with TNA and pissed off Vince for leaving. He was supposed to be in the game and was taken out.

Thing is, WWE owns trademarks/likenesses for Razor, Diesel, Mankind, and I think even Demolition (unless they settled with Eadie). They could've put those characters in without a worry of who works where now.. but I think it all boils down to Vince's decision in the end.

There are never really "faces" in CAW.. it's always something you have to morph to get to.. you can essentially make anyone's face in the SDVR style CAW morphing feature.

You are missing

Ricky the Dragon Steamboat. Former IC Champ. One of the best wrestlers ever.

Demolition. 3 Time Tag Team Champs. They were apart of WrestleMania IV through VII. Wrestled for the titles at WM IV through VI.

Tito Santana. Wrestled at the first 9 WrestleMania's. He is more of a legend than 70 percent of the roster in the game. Former IC and Tag Team Champion.

Rick Martel. 3 Time Tag Team Champion. Upper mid card heel and had decent feuds with Shawn Michaels, Jake the Snake and Tito Santana.

Owen Hart is not in due to Martha hating Vince and the WWE.

Kevin Nash is under contract with TNA.

Foley is under contract with TNA and pissed off Vince for leaving. He was supposed to be in the game and was taken out.

I thought Steamboat was a possible locked character - he definitely should be created if not.

Santana and Martel are good ones, tks.

So from a CAW perspective:

Macho Man

Owen Hart

Sid

Diesel

Razor Ramon

Mankind

Those seem like the most glaring omissions for multiple different reasons. Am I missing anyone from WM1-XV?

Giant Gonzales

IGN has about 10 new screen shots up. Hart Foundation vs Legion of Doom, Yoko vs Koko.

They also put up a new 8 minute video with The Million Dollar Man.

Single Match

Steel Cage Match

Hell in a Cell

Ironman Match

Submission Match

Tag Team Match

Triple Threat Match

Battle Royal

Handicap Match

Royal Rumble Match

Are all confirmed match types in the game. I was writing down notes of the video as I was watching it.

Jake comes out carrying Damien in a bag. It appears once he gets out of the cart like magic in the WM 6 entrance.

You cannot import DLC wrestlers.

Arenas look very good but the crowd is very pixalated.

It is great to hear The Fink as the ring announcer instead of Lilian Garcia, Tony Chimel and Justin Roberts. It really adds to the epic feel of the game to hear his voice.

Last bit of info from the Article.

Smackdown 2009 CAW's can be imported into Legends with their full stats.

Whole roster minus DLC and women I guess can be imported into the game.

Legend Killer is a gauntlet style mode. You create a Legends on you go after 7 statute's. Each one has you wrestling against one wrestler after another. Between bouts you get a health bonus and after you defeat one tier you get experience points to put towards your legend.

There is also a new Tag Team meter for doing heel acts.

They are in the game.

It would be awesome if they had Jimmy Hart talking throughout the match like they did with Daivari in one of the Smackdown games.