TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

Legends of WrestleMania

They are in the game.

It would be awesome if they had Jimmy Hart talking throughout the match like they did with Daivari in one of the Smackdown games.

In the Manager video they show Jimmy talking with the microphone at the opponent. You couldn't hear anything due to music playing over it.

Kinda sad to know DLC won't be transferrable.

But hey, we can still have the "Money" feud between DiBiase and JBL.

EDIT: There's a new question...does Howard Finkel announce the transferrable characters too?

Overall ratings for each wrestler based on IGN/Gamespot videos.

Andre The Giant - 83

Animal - 85

Arn Anderson - 81

Bam Bam Bigelow - 82

Big Bossman - 80

Big John Studd - 79

Bret "Hit Man" Hart - 85

British Bulldog - 82

Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake - 81

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes - 85

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine - 81

Hawk - 85

Honky Tonk Man - 80

Hulk Hogan - 91

Hunter Hearst-Helmsley - 83

Iron Sheik - 81

Jake "The Snake" Roberts - 82

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan - 81

Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart - 83

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka - 84

Junkyard Dog - 83

Kamala - 81

King Kong Bundy - 79

Koko B. Ware - 80

Michael P.S. Hayes - 80

Mr. Perfect - 84

Nikolai Volkoff - 80

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair - 84

Ravishing Rick Rude - 82

The Rock - 90

Rowdy Roddy Piper - 86

Sgt. Slaughter - 82

Shawn Michaels - 88

Stone Cold Steve Austin - 87

"Million-Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase - 83

Ultimate Warrior - 90

Undertaker - 90

Yokozuna - 83

Koko B. Ware should be a lot lower.

Legend Killer is a gauntlet style mode. You create a Legends on you go after 7 statute's. Each one has you wrestling against one wrestler after another. Between bouts you get a health bonus and after you defeat one tier you get experience points to put towards your legend.

English please.

Is the steel cage match the blue bar cage or mesh cage? Why is Hell in the Cell in a "Legends" game? That doesn't make a lot of sense. I like that the Battle Royal is a match mode. That could be really fun, but does that mean there is going to be lots of wrestlers in the ring at the same time or is it gonna be a 8 man battle royal?

From what I've heard, the cage is the blue bars.

And Hell in a Cell was a match type at WrestleMania XV, and that was one of the arenas in the game, so...

Plus both Taker and Bossman are in.

How great would it be if the cage ended up being the current one.

Well, technically the blue bars cage wasn't introduced until after the classic and now current one.

Kayfabe, it was introduced at WrestleMania 2 for Hogan/Bundy

I don't remember it being mentioned before, but awesome touch by having the crowd wearing classic WWF t-shirts. I spotted the black and white Taker shirt (his giant face on the entire front), classic Bret, and classic Hogan shirts in the Jake/DiBiase video.

This game looks like a lot of fun, but I don't think I'll be getting it anytime soon unless the reviews are really good.

Legend Killer is a gauntlet style mode. You create a Legends on you go after 7 statute's. Each one has you wrestling against one wrestler after another. Between bouts you get a health bonus and after you defeat one tier you get experience points to put towards your legend.

English please.

Is the steel cage match the blue bar cage or mesh cage? Why is Hell in the Cell in a "Legends" game? That doesn't make a lot of sense. I like that the Battle Royal is a match mode. That could be really fun, but does that mean there is going to be lots of wrestlers in the ring at the same time or is it gonna be a 8 man battle royal?

Hope its the classic Blue Bar Cage, some of my favorite matches have happened in that cage. Sometimes wish they'd bring it back to WWE billed as the 'Classic Cage Match' claiming the thick blue bars did more damage or whatever.

English please.

Hope its the classic Blue Bar Cage, some of my favorite matches have happened in that cage. Sometimes wish they'd bring it back to WWE billed as the 'Classic Cage Match' claiming the thick blue bars did more damage or whatever.

Hell, even if they don't use the blue bars, they can still bring back the classic cage.

If I remember correctly, Austin/McMahon at St. Valentine's Day Massacre was a bar-style cage, but the bars were black insted of blue.

...then again, they may not be able to use it because of the stunt they had done with Big Show throwing Austin into the cage, and the wall opening up to let Austin go to the floor.

I never understood why they got away from the "classic" cage in the first place. I always thought the chainlink fence looked hokey and obviously would do a lot less damage than that of welded steel bars. That and the classic version would be a lot easier for workers to climb and utilize as a prop during the matches.

I never understood why they got away from the "classic" cage in the first place. I always thought the chainlink fence looked hokey and obviously would do a lot less damage than that of welded steel bars. That and the classic version would be a lot easier for workers to climb and utilize as a prop during the matches.

Probably because it's easier to set up before a match. For the mesh cage, they just lower it onto the ring insted of having people come out and build it with the bar cage.

An example of them having to come out and build the cage before a match would be WrestleMania 2 for the Hogan and Bundy match.

Plus the mesh is dangerous! <Michael Cole>You could get a finger caught in there!

EDIT: And if you want to be technical, the mesh steel cage is older than the bars...as I remember an old special Steel Cage Match magazine for WWF had pictures of Andre in a cage match that was mesh.

Probably because it's easier to set up before a match. For the mesh cage, they just lower it onto the ring insted of having people come out and build it with the bar cage.

An example of them having to come out and build the cage before a match would be WrestleMania 2 for the Hogan and Bundy match.

Plus the mesh is dangerous! <Michael Cole>You could get a finger caught in there!

EDIT: And if you want to be technical, the mesh steel cage is older than the bars...as I remember an old special Steel Cage Match magazine for WWF had pictures of Andre in a cage match that was mesh.

It only takes the ring crew about 5 minutes to set up a cage brought out from the back. At the Fresno taping, they had a cage match as the Dark Main Event that wasn't suspended over the ring. I saw them bringing it out from the back and I figured it'd take awhile so I went to the bathroom before I even got to the toilet I heard Rey Mysterio's music hit because the cage was already up.

I think it has to do a lot more with safety. The mesh has a lot more give to it so a wrestler can hit the cage and be a bit more protected. Unlike the bars where if a wrestler hit it there was no give.

With the Randy Savage DVD being official now, is there a chance of Randy Savage being incorporated into LoW?

If he's in, he's not going to be one of the starters.

He may be a secret character that's just being kept WELL under wraps (that's looking doubtful) or, if they have it, he may be downloadable content.

Miniscule piece of info from JR's blog on Feb 25:

Just a FYI, but the King and I reunite on the Legends of Wrestlemania video game in an old school style that features the King as more of a wise ass, antagonist which I think will be entertaining to those playing this THQ game that becomes available on March 24.

A link would be nice. I could only find the Michaels/Hart ladder match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCZsyl0swG4

8 minute video. I hate how wrestlers just automatically go to one side of ring/do a move out of nowhere in this game. 1:35 into the video shows a perfect example. Hulk and Warrior lock up and than a second later they are magically in the corner.

Hmm, from what I saw in "Relive" we had:

Hogan vs. Bundy from Mania 2

Hogan vs. Andre from Mania III

Warrior vs. Hogan from Mania VI

Hogan vs. Slaughter from Mania VII

Hart vs. Austin from Mania 13

Austin vs. Michaels from Mania 14

EDIT: And I counted in Hall of Fame mode...there's actually 16 boxes, one for each WrestleMania, and one extra one.

Wonder if that's just "Total" or if WrestleMania 2000 made it as an arena.

My thoughts on the demo.

I like the new gameplay but the moves are pretty repetitive. Maybe that will change once I know everything I am doing. The character models looks great and the arenas are above average. I found it funny that Hogan came out first as champion against Andre. Hogan does not rip off his shirt during his entrance which I think should have been put in. Hogan also doesn't pose down after winning. The gameplay has a ton of mini games thrown in and they dont seem that out of place. It's going to take a little bit to get used to the controls after playing alot of Smackdown.

Also.

It was nice to see Heenan get involved during the game. At one point he gets up on the ring and I knock him off. Another time when I am pinning Andre, Heenan puts Andre's boot on the bottom rope right after the 2 count. It would have been much better if a Ref was in the game.

edit

I was told on another site that Hogan does the post match posedown in a non championship fight.

English please.

Hell, even if they don't use the blue bars, they can still bring back the classic cage.

If I remember correctly, Austin/McMahon at St. Valentine's Day Massacre was a bar-style cage, but the bars were black insted of blue.

...then again, they may not be able to use it because of the stunt they had done with Big Show throwing Austin into the cage, and the wall opening up to let Austin go to the floor.

Bobby Lashley dove "through" the mesh one during the Umaga feud. I'd assume it was as set-up for the spot as the Show/Austin spot was.