TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

Legends of WrestleMania

Someone brought this up earlier, so I thought I'd share. They showed footage of DiBiase stuffing bill in Beefcake's mouth on WWE 24/7.

Not just someone, it was... MEEEEE!

Someone brought this up earlier, so I thought I'd share. They showed footage of DiBiase stuffing bill in Beefcake's mouth on WWE 24/7.

Not just someone, it's MEEEEE Austin!!

This game seems much funner than SVR. I leg dropped Andre and Heenan put his leg on the drop and Andre beat me. Haven't played Austin/Rock yet.

The following information comes from an online chat with Paul Edwards, a member of the THQ: WWE Legends of WrestleMania design team:

* The control system is designed to be something of a mix between the old school arcade game style play and today's controls.

* There is no Playstation 2 version as they wanted to focus on the newer systems to keep their efforts focused on the highest quality game possible.

* There are no female characters in the game due to time constraints.

* There will be characters that fans can unlock via gameplay. They teased Howard Finkel.

* There will be 30 "Legends" in the game but you will be able to bring over the WWE roster and created characters you've put together from the most recent Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 game. The only exception will be characters that were later created for SVR2009 as downloadable additions.

* There will be Steel Cage and Ladder matches in the game. The cage will be the old school big blue cage. The game will also feature a Royal Rumble.

* There are video montages that WWE edited together for the "Wrestlemania tour mode" portion of the game, including some footage that WWE has never released on DVD before.

* Designers have recreated all of the venues and looks of the first 15 Wrestlemania events, minus the "WWF" logo, which they can't use for legal reasons.

* Like Smackdown vs. Raw 2009, you will be able to import custom music for your characters.

* Damien the snake and Frankie the bird pop up.

* All of the classic music will be used for Legends, as well as some new music for talents that didn't have music that was still available for the game.

* There will be no referee visible in the game as the look is meant to be a throwback to the early WWF Arcade Games and there were no referees in those.

* The hope is to make the game a yearly franchise like Smackdown vs. Raw but game sales will determine whether that happens.

* There will be multiple costumes for talents.

* The World Heavyweight, Million Dollar, Intercontinental, and Tag Team championships are included in the game.

* No Kim Chee with Kamala.

* You will be able to create stables in the game.

* There will only be four managers in the game and you will not be able to create managers on your own.

The reason for there being no ref is total bullshit.

WWF Superstars

Arcade_0198_13.png

WWF Wrestlefest

Arcade_0201_09.png

"Throwback" my ass. :P

* The hope is to make the game a yearly franchise like Smackdown vs. Raw but game sales will determine whether that happens.

How? There's already 30 'Legends' in this game. They'd be better off doing DLC as 'yealy' Wrestlemania packs. So they'd release DLC for WM2000 with a few guys from that PPV and so on. Otherwise what would be different in Legends of Wrestlemania 2 that isn't already in this one?

Hmm...having trouble getting people to the outside of the ring.

Anyone have pointers on that?

So far I've just been leaving the ring, and waiting for them to come after me.

Not just someone, it's MEEEEE Austin!!

Aw, sonofabitch!

I haven't downloaded the demo yet but are the controls as bad as some of the talk on the internet is saying on the net right now?

How? There's already 30 'Legends' in this game. They'd be better off doing DLC as 'yealy' Wrestlemania packs. So they'd release DLC for WM2000 with a few guys from that PPV and so on. Otherwise what would be different in Legends of Wrestlemania 2 that isn't already in this one?

Agreed on that one. If anything they should just release a ton of DLC over the year or one huge one around this time next year. Then do another disc based sequel if there are changes that warrant it in 2011.

I like the little touches...A great one, is I hit the Stunner on Rock. Rock proceeded to do his Rock Sell of the stunner, flip over, and it actually looked like he got his feet caught on the ropes before slowly falling down. Very cool.

That said, it does feel a little too arcadey. I kind of like the quick time wrestling aspect, but I don't really like the fact that you can beat the hell out of someone, and they don't really sell at all. I remember that being a major issue for years with the Smackdown games, and I guess they forgot that actually selling of moves is an important factor.

I DO like the manager system though. Heenan gets on the apron, I whack him off, and it cuts to him dramatically falling on his face. I try to Legdrop and pin Andre, and Heenan puts his boot on the ropes. Nice stuff.

Well future Legends games can be Legends of WCW, or WCW vrs WWE, or Legends of the Monday Night Wars

Oh, YKRG. So young. So naive.

Certainly different, and still getting the controls down - fun though. My 2nd go around with Hogan/Giant was pretty competitive.

Given the completely different control scheme, it's pretty cool you can import SvR09 guys

I'm looking forward to running over the entire roster with the Ultimate Warrior in a game that doesn't suck for once.

Guest Smues

Damn, had I known the demo was out I wouldn't be playing Madden with a friend right now. Soon as our game is over I am all over this.

I kind of wish the no on-screen ref thing would travel over to SD! They're mostly just annoying, and get in the way - besides, you can't attack them deliberately any more with the silly targeting system, so what's the point?

Guest Smues

Well somehow I managed to beat the Rock, but I don't quite know how I did it. The controls are going to take a long while for me to get used to, but I think I'll like them.

Edit: And I am marking out for the full version of Real American playing at the menu screen I'm sitting at. So awesome.

Edit 2: I also like that they used Nation era Rock music instead of his most recent theme. Using the Nation era theme is what fits best, I just didn't expect them to actually do it right.

I can't figure out how to run for shit and the directional pad + Y to reverse / block is a bit screwy.

That said, I like the game. I won't go out and buy it..but I'll check it out from work when it comes out.

Guest Smues
I don't think they're secret so much as they are locked for the demo.

That was my guess.

Is the demo out on PSN? I couldn't find it anywhere with the new releases this week.

EDIT: Apparently it's on the UK PSN store. Looks like you need to create a second account and choose UK and you'll be able to download it.