TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

Legends of WrestleMania

I watched the video earlier today and I liked the gameplay of the Royal Rumble. My only gripe is that every elimination seems to be the same. The guy is laying on outside part of the ring holding onto the rope and gets kicked out. I want to see people body slammed over, press slammed over, back body dropped over, etc. I want to be able to see if someone is laying on the outside holding down the ropes then someone can get irish whipped out of the ring.

The Royal Rumble actually looks FUN and it seems like they fixed a lot of problems I had with it:

- The elimination animations actually look authentic insteaf of the lame "push the guy against the ropes" one of SvR. It would be nice if you could interrupt the animation to save a guy if you were playing multiplayer, but that's something for the next game.

- The meter is slower and doesn't go immediately to empty if two guys are on you. It also seems to drop faster the lower a wrestler's energy bar is or if a bigger guy like Andre is trying to throw him out, which actually makes sense.

- Love Andre just shoving Yoko over the top.

The more video I see and the more I play the demo, the more I am leaning towards dropping the $60. I'll just rent it from GameFly and buy it from there if I like it enough.

Yokozuna vs. Andre is one match I'll be simming in this game, for sure.

Others I had are (some with the Importing ability):

DiBiase vs. JBL

Hogan vs. Cena

Andre vs. Undertaker

Hart Foundation or LOD vs. Miz & Morrison

LoW Shawn & Hunter vs. SvR Shawn & Hunter

Taker vs. Taker

Snuka vs. Kingston

Andre vs. Big Show

Yokozuna vs. Mark Henry

Those are ones just off the top of my head.

That Rumble does look like a lot of fun. Minor nitpicks but I wish you could control exactly how many people would be in the match along w/ the intervals so the ring doesn't max out in a minute or two.

Finally the PS3 demo arrived on PSNetwork. I played the Rock-Austin relive match. Kinda hard getting used to a new control scheme. I need to keep playing to get hang of it. Is it just me, or is there not too many moves in the game? Maybe I just don't know how to do moves, but it seemed rather limited compared to SD vs Raw 09.

Also played Hogan vs Andre and it was fun, with Heenan constantly interfering, so I had to kick his ass a bit.

Noticed that Perfect has the redone version of his theme from 2002. I figured that since they used it on his dvd menu. Bulldog also has the fake theme he had in Sd vs Raw 06.

Nice to see Fink say "and now the man who drew number 1", plus the commetary is more specific. like when Yokozuna entered, King said " Here comes Yokozuna! Hes my pick now"

I've done all I can with the demo, a few times over. So I'm going to delete it tonight. I'll probably wait a week or so until I decide to pick this up or not. I really hope that that idiotic and distracting camera effect can be turned off in the final product. Yukes needs to realize that gamers don't need a camera effect to know that they're landing a punch, hitting a grapple or locking in submission. Seriously, what is their obsession with stupid camera effects and angles in these games??? :huh:

One thing I don't get, if I can import wrestlers from the SD vs Raw game, why change the control sceme? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

I like the last line of that interview:

Nobody ever demanded to be taken out of the game if they weren't higher than Jake "The Snake" or anything like that.

I just read that released wrestlers who were in Smackdown 2009 do not get imported into LoWM. That means no Boogeyman, Cade and Murdoch, Paul London, Viscera etc. I was looking forward to having Viscera vs Yoko before that news came out.

Why did they feel the need to have to change up the control schemes so much? Couldn't they at least have made an alternate controls that are the same as Raw v. SD or something? That's what annoys me about the game, its hard to get used to them.

Watching that Rumble made me think about something. Say if you're Animal and you're in the Rumble, now when Hawk comes in it should realize that you guys are tag team partners and thus the computer Hawk shouldn't be going after you but instead working with you.

WWE logic: Every man for themselves. See 89 Royal Rumble with the first two entrants.

I like the controls its easy to use. And does not take long to get used to.

Why did they feel the need to have to change up the control schemes so much? Couldn't they at least have made an alternate controls that are the same as Raw v. SD or something? That's what annoys me about the game, its hard to get used to them.

It was said that in the Espn article that they did test groups who wanted a more arcade like game. The article provided a great laugh because THQ feels the need to cater to people who do not buy their games. The controls for this game are not simplistic and in some ways a bit more difficult than Smackdown. Smackdown is a very easy pick up and play kind of game. I can picture a 7 year old being frustrated by the controls in this game. Another thing that the article pointed out was that they wanted to cater to the older wrestling fans who would buy a legends game. If someone is going to buy a game because it has Jake the Snake, Rick Rude and Mr Perfect they are most likely going to be above the age of 21. Why do the feel the need to "dumb down" the controls? I kind of wished that they had an option for which controls you want to use.

Another point from that Article was that THQ wants to cater to videogame fans who do not buy Smackdown because it is too much of a simulation. I always thought that wrestling videogame fans did not buy Smackdown because it was too arcadey and not No Mercy/WrestleMania 2000. THQ sure does love to shoot themselves in the foot. It's a wonder why their company is being flushed down the toilet.

It was said that in the Espn article that they did test groups who wanted a more arcade like game. The article provided a great laugh because THQ feels the need to cater to people who do not buy their games. The controls for this game are not simplistic and in some ways a bit more difficult than Smackdown. Smackdown is a very easy pick up and play kind of game. I can picture a 7 year old being frustrated by the controls in this game. Another thing that the article pointed out was that they wanted to cater to the older wrestling fans who would buy a legends game. If someone is going to buy a game because it has Jake the Snake, Rick Rude and Mr Perfect they are most likely going to be above the age of 21. Why do the feel the need to "dumb down" the controls? I kind of wished that they had an option for which controls you want to use.

Another point from that Article was that THQ wants to cater to videogame fans who do not buy Smackdown because it is too much of a simulation. I always thought that wrestling videogame fans did not buy Smackdown because it was too arcadey and not No Mercy/WrestleMania 2000. THQ sure does love to shoot themselves in the foot. It's a wonder why their company is being flushed down the toilet.

Wow, yeah a very weird thought approach. I can get the logic if they figure Raw v. SD purchasers are more than likely going to get this too, so why not cater to newbies too, but it's a fine line. They don't want to alienate people that normally purchase the Raw v. SD games by, like you said, dumbing down things in terms of what you can do with the wrestlers, but yet still make it more difficult and confusing in the process in learning how to do this dumbed down style.

And on that note, I totally agree that the controls here are way more difficult to grasp than the normal controls on any year of Raw v. SD is. I still don't know how the fuck to even irish whip someone, climb the turkbuckles, do running strikes, etc. Granted I've only played through the Hogan/Andre and Rock/Austin matches twice each match (basically played each of the four for one match), but still, by this point I should be able to know what each button does without having to memorize tutorials. And I still feel frustrated.

I do think the ideas they put in this game, though, are tremendous for some of us real oldschool long term wrestling fans, just the detail used to the different arenas, ringside appearance, and pay per view authentication, just small details like that. I'm a sucker for nostalgia and this has alot of it, just from playing the demo. I marked out for the Mania III look all around, especially the ringcarts and even down to the graphics they used back for when they would have wrestler's names shown when they come to the ring. And recreating or reliving certain matches in history, I think that's a great little thing there that they have done well with here and really looking forward to more of that when this comes out.

According to the controls B is run, but when I pressed it, I never ran anywhere. I know this is a stupid idea but it's THQ so it can be possibility, but I wonder if all the controls and motions aren't available to the player in the demo. Again that doesn't make sense, but I found it very odd that I couldn't run anywhere no matter how hard I tried.

According to the controls B is run, but when I pressed it, I never ran anywhere. I know this is a stupid idea but it's THQ so it can be possibility, but I wonder if all the controls and motions aren't available to the player in the demo. Again that doesn't make sense, but I found it very odd that I couldn't run anywhere no matter how hard I tried.

Exactly - I was having the same problems. I think running, as far as I figured out, is MAYBE tapping the left analog stick twice but I'm not sure because half the time I do that it works, and the other half of the time it doesn't.

How would that even be possible to limit? Seems pointless and bit... anal.

It's because the "importing" isn't really importing at all. All of the SDvRAW characters are on the LOWM disc itself. You just need a SDvRAW gamesave to unlock them.. or "import" them as THQ has been saying. I think the reason it's done is because there'd probably be royalties, etc. to be paid out of any of these guys were being put into a new game that was developed after their release.

I'm glad they got rid of the loading screen after the pinfall. I know I'm nitpicking here, but you think The Fink would've put a little more enthusiasm into his introductions. He should've belted them out like he used to do, it would've added a little more realism.

The game is out in Germany according to Caws.ws. A person posted pix of them having the game and some screens. According to the person who has the game. The following wrestlers have their Outfits/Parts for CAL. There might be alot more than just this list but this is what is reported so far.

Tito Santana

Vader

Doink the Clown

Demolition

Golddust

Macho King

Owen Hart

Mankind

The person created a decent looking Vader. Just looked a little too slim juding by the pix.

The game is out in Germany according to Caws.ws. A person posted pix of them having the game and some screens. According to the person who has the game. The following wrestlers have their Outfits/Parts for CAL. There might be alot more than just this list but this is what is reported so far.

Tito Santana

Vader

Doink the Clown

Demolition

Golddust

Macho King

Owen Hart

:D This is good news if true - there really should have been some Bret Hart v Owen Hart relive moments in this game.

Brand New Videos

Jimmy Snuka vs Rick Rude in a steel cage match at WM 9. You can either climb over the cage or go to the cage door and do a minigame to get it opened. Snuka does the top of the cage flying splash. The only problem is that each time he did it Rude got up within a second.

6 Man Battle Royale