TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

Legends of WrestleMania

One thing that should be pointed out about the Royal Rumble in the game is that you cannot do grapples only strikes. When you try to do a grapple it goes to a strike instead. This is based off of the guy who has the game and posting the videos on Youtube.

How would that even be possible to limit? Seems pointless and bit... anal.

It's because the "importing" isn't really importing at all. All of the SDvRAW characters are on the LOWM disc itself. You just need a SDvRAW gamesave to unlock them.. or "import" them as THQ has been saying. I think the reason it's done is because there'd probably be royalties, etc. to be paid out of any of these guys were being put into a new game that was developed after their release.

Very sneaky and disappointing. I guess this means it'll only be a one way 'import' SDvRaw to LoW and no LoW to SDvRaw which means we'll STILL have to create our own legends... ergh.

One thing that should be pointed out about the Royal Rumble in the game is that you cannot do grapples only strikes. When you try to do a grapple it goes to a strike instead. This is based off of the guy who has the game and posting the videos on Youtube.

That sounds so lame. Does this guy have the final build of the game?

It's really disappointing that your opponent gets up instantly from a splash off the top of a cage. It reminds me of the very first Smackdown game, which suffered with similar problems, but that shit came out 8 or 9 years ago. Come on.

I played the demo and wasn't really impressed. Looks like I'll be skipping this one.

That sounds so lame. Does this guy have the final build of the game?

I am 99.999 percent sure it is a final build. He is a game reviewer and the game is already out in some parts of Europe and a person was able to buy the game on their military base early. The game comes out in a week.

Oh well, I'm not big on Rumble modes anyway. The only Rumble modes I ever had fun with were the SNES games and the Arcade WrestleFest game.

I just get irked by little things that Yukes always seems to forget about. Little costmetic things like Taker only having a hat and no trenchcoat yet Slaughter doesn't have a hat. It just doesn't make sense to me. That and I noticed during the Options video that there is no option to turn off that annoying camera effect that happens everytime a strike or grapple is pulled off. I know I've mentioned how much I hate it a bunch of times but I found it VERY distracting when I was playing the demo. I was sure that maybe my demo was fucked up or something but then low and behold I see it replicated in those videos, as well. *ugh*

If I can fight the powers of nostalgia on release day I may wait until this one is in the bargain bin (or at least $29) to pick it up.

This game looks like it needs an extra month or so of production. This game doesn't have the little things that helps seperate wrestlers from eachother. Where is HTM's jumpsuit, Sgt Slaughter Hat, Undertakers Coat, Valentines Shinguard. How hard is it to program entrance entire? When Yukes cant even put in little things into the game it makes alot of people think that the whole game was produced half-assed. I can play MLB 09 The Show and they can have Dontrelle Willis having his hat turned on an angle but this game cant put in HTM"s jumpsuit. I also wished they put in more Legends instead of putting in the Smackdown 09 Roster. I rather have had 70 or so legends with 10 or so imports from Smackdown (Edge, Cena, Batista, Orton, Jericho, Mysterio, etc)

List of call names that are in the game. This info comes from a person who has the game and took pix of the game on Caws.ws.

The Barbarian

The Bruiser

The Butcher

The Cowboy

The Crusher

The Disaster

The Dog

The Dragon

The Gangster

The Giant

Hollywood

The Horseman

The King

The Maniac

The Matador

The Model

The Monster

Mr. Amazing

Mr. Macho

The Natural

The Professor

The Rocker

The Solider

The Superstar

The Tornado

You cannot turn off over the top rope eliminations in Battle Royale.

Ortons finisher chain is Backbreaker + Randy Orton Stomp + The RKO from SvR 09

Kane's Finisher is Big Boot + Sidewalk Slam + Chokeslam

Alternate attires can be imported

Shawn Michaels has his Rockers outfit for Alternate Attire

HBKR1.png

Undertakers Alternate Attire appears to be from his Lord of Darkness era

UndertakerB.png

So here are the Chain Finishers (From SvR 09 & LOW)

3- Point Stance Clothesline

450 Splash

Air Africa

Alabama Slam

Anvil Flattener

Back Stabber

Backbreaker Side Slam

Banzai Drop

Barber's Chair

Batista Bomb

Big Splash 1 & 2

Brain Buster

Camel Clutch

Celtic Cross

Chokeslam 1 & 2

Clothesline

Clothesline from Hell

Cobra Clutch

Complete Shot

DDT 1-5

Diving Clothesline

Double High Knee Strike

Elbow Drop

Elbow Drop with Theatrics

Figure 4 Leglock 1-3

Finishing Leg Drop

Flapjack

Frog Splash

F-U

GTS

Hammer and Sickle

Headbutt

Heartpunch

Knee Trembler

Million Dollar Dream

Moonlight Drive

Moonsault Attack

Neckbreaker 1 & 2

Oklahoma Slam

Pedigree 1 & 2

Perfect Plex

Playmaker

Powerslam

Pumphandle Slam 1 & 2

Reality Check

Reverse DDT

RKO

Rude Awakening

Running STO

Samoan Drop

Samoan Spike

Scrapbuster

Shake Rattle and Roll

Sharpshooter

Sleeper Hold

Sliced Bread No. 2

Spear

Steam Roller

Stunner 1 & 2

Superfly

Swanton Bomb 1 & 2

Sweet Chin Music 1 & 2

Tazzplex

Texan Destroyer

The People's Elbow

Thump

Tombstone 1 & 2

Trouble in Paradise

Twist of Fate

Vice Grip

Walls of Jericho

Wham-Bam Thank you Ma'am

World Strongest Slam

No you can't change championship belts color

British Bulldogs Chain

Military Press + Clothesline + Oklahoma Slam

This game looks like it needs an extra month or so of production. This game doesn't have the little things that helps seperate wrestlers from eachother. Where is HTM's jumpsuit, Sgt Slaughter Hat, Undertakers Coat, Valentines Shinguard. How hard is it to program entrance entire? When Yukes cant even put in little things into the game it makes alot of people think that the whole game was produced half-assed. I can play MLB 09 The Show and they can have Dontrelle Willis having his hat turned on an angle but this game cant put in HTM"s jumpsuit. I also wished they put in more Legends instead of putting in the Smackdown 09 Roster. I rather have had 70 or so legends with 10 or so imports from Smackdown (Edge, Cena, Batista, Orton, Jericho, Mysterio, etc)

Since it's not part of SvR canon, this is the "first attempt" game where they have all of these small issues they can "fix" in next year's game.

I tried it some more over the weekend and I'm finally getting used to it and even won my matches! Still can't run at will though. I thought a really neat detail touch - and I have no idea how the game could even know to do this unless EVERYONE sells it like this or it just happens in the Mania XV relive mode - but Rock sells the Stunner in his wacky "feet get caught in the ropes" fashion.

Valid point about Jannetty, but I still approve of the Rockers attire.

Has it come up how the modern day versions of these folks from SvR fit in? Do we get their attire, do we get a new character model, or do we get nothing?

Neat.

I also like how at various points while I was playing Rock/Austin, everything around the ring looked really blurry, like watching a new DVD release of Mania XV that had to blur everything. And by "I also like", I mean "that was kind of annoying".

It really hasn't been mentioned on here but the finishers in the game are severly lacking. Supposedly you can only only choose from the 50 or so preset finisher chains in the game. Powerbombs, F-5, Razors Edge, Flying Elbow Drop, etc are nowhere to be seen.

Boo that sucks. I mean I'm not a huge "CAW" maker when it comes to Yukes games but it'd be nice to have the option of accurate finishing sequences. :(

Boo that sucks. I mean I'm not a huge "CAW" maker when it comes to Yukes games but it'd be nice to have the option of accurate finishing sequences. :(

Game needs a patch. What is the point of Having CAL if I can only give them a finisher that only the roster of Smackdown and LoWM have. THQ/Yukes can be really stupid at times. This is 1 step forward 2 steps back.

How will that rumor, if it's true, work for created superstars imported from SvR to LoW?

I have a feeling that only appearances will get ported over. They'll spin it as a positive because you won't have to re-morph everything for 3 hours to make a copy of your CAW.

How will that rumor, if it's true, work for created superstars imported from SvR to LoW?

This is not a joke. You are given the default Pedigree finisher chain. You are then able to choose it to one of the finisher chains that only the official roster has.

Hmm I'm really thinking about sending my copy back. It'll arrive tomorrow and I'm not sure I even want to play it now - £29.99 could go towards like 3 other games from last year that are selling cheap. The saving grace would be the ability to transfer the Legends to SDvRaw - any news on that, or is it just one way traffic?

Hmm I'm really thinking about sending my copy back. It'll arrive tomorrow and I'm not sure I even want to play it now - £29.99 could go towards like 3 other games from last year that are selling cheap. The saving grace would be the ability to transfer the Legends to SDvRaw - any news on that, or is it just one way traffic?

You cannot transfer Legends to Smackdown 2009. There isn't an import feature. The game just recognizes your Smackdown 2009 save on your Xbox 360/PS3 and unlocks the roster for the game. The Smackdown Roster is on the disc which is why you need the save to unlock it. People are speculating that maybe LoWM can be imported onto Smackdown 2010.