TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

Legends of WrestleMania

It arrived this morning from gameplay.com, and I was surprised to find a free copy of the 'Andre the Giant' dvd with it. So anyone in the UK after this get it from gameplay.com!

For anyone that's still interested in this game:

The only one I noticed for sure that got the shaft in the importing is Paul London, but I didn't look. Cade and Murdoch may have not been their either.

Boogeyman made the cut though.

It arrived this morning from gameplay.com, and I was surprised to find a free copy of the 'Andre the Giant' dvd with it. So anyone in the UK after this get it from gameplay.com!

Are you going to play it?

If you are, and have video capabilities and SvR09, could you do a video of DiBiase vs. JBL at either Mania III or Mania VI.

I'm curious to see if the SvR guys come out on the ring carts.

Played the PS3 demo a bit yesterday, and I wasn't overly impressed. The graphics and sound are good, but I hate the way the characters move, and the move sets seem really limited. Maybe I just didn't have the controls down yet, but the movements didn't seem very fluid at all. I'll probably pass on this.

Yes, you can give imported wrestlers the titles in the game.

Unfortunately, it seems that you can't have other wrestlers as managers at ringside, only the default four managers.

I'm really not getting where all the bitching about the controls is coming from. Yes, it's different from SvR and takes some time to adjust to, but they are really simple as hell; tap A for a weak grapple and hold it for a strong grapple, X strikes, double tapping B runs. That and the buttons for taunts and finishers is all you really need to know to play this.

I laughed because under Edge it said FERTIG.

Heh that's hilarious that FERTIG is German for Ready. Awesome on so many levels, especially in a WWE game. :P

Here are some more things that you cannot do in the game.

You cannot leave the ring during a ladder match.

You cannot climb up the cell during the hell in the cell match. You automatically start out on it each time.

You cannot do a diving attack to the outside from the top rope.

Great job Yukes!

Since it's not part of SvR canon, this is the "first attempt" game where they have all of these small issues they can "fix" in next year's game.

lol, why do that when people will buy it and then bitch about it no matter what andor re-sell it shortly thereafter?

it doesn't look good at all, but it was a game simply carried by nostalgia so what is there to be expected I guess

I actually liked the controls. Makes it a bit more difficult to hit moves. Graphics look good, I'll probably pass on buying 2009 SVR and just use my save file and buy LOW.

I got it.

What a piece of eh.

First off I can't use any of my custome soundtrack beyond the 3rd page.

second the gameplay sucks, everyone plays the same. Andre, snuka...same shit.

now the pros:

hell in a cell and cage match are a blast. Best ever. Esp. Cage. i could play cage matches all day well not really maybe like for 30 minutes. Ladder matches suck ass. you can't leave the ring in a triple threat match. How is it I had more freedom in a N64 game? Or a SNES game?

This game sucks so bad. After you get over the awesomness of LOD vs. Miz and Morrison or Cena/batista vs. Hogan/Warrior it's like is this all you got? Why am I redoing snuka-rude from wm 6? There was no backstory. NO ONE CARED. Royal Rumble matches just involve you hitting punch for 20 minutes. it sucks. Stick with Raw vs. smackdown, rent this for the save file i bet you you can import the legends into 2010. This game makes the last 5 smackdowns feel like no Mercy. Seriously. I had to play some Raw vs. smackdown to feel better if you can belive that. Don't buy this. Save your money.

The pictures of the "dream matches" on WWE.com make the SVR imports look a bit out of place with the larger than life arcadey models LOW uses.

Also, "One of the most exciting features of the new game Legends of WrestleMania is the ability to import the entire SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 roster". Isn't that not true?

10 years ago I got Driver, Donkey kong 64 GTa 2 and Wrestlemania 2000 for christmas. How is it that that the first 3 are now virtually unplayable because of the advancments the gaming industry has had and yet wm 2000 blows away anything put out this year.

We had it perfrect a decade ago. There is no reason for the games to suck this badly. I should be able to have 4 on 4 survivor sereis matches in a hell in a cell. I should be able to to recreate tlc matches all night long. I should be able to...at any given time perform every move a wrestler has with ease. I am so sick of accepting shit. They are all just ripping us off now. And I'm pissed.

That's how I feel exactly, pal. If I want to play a wrestling game with current wrestlers, I've made Punk, Batista, Orton, Cena, Mizorrison, and others for WM2000 and I have a pretty hefty roster of legends on No Mercy, the latter of which gets played around my house more than any Wii or 360 game. All of my friends always talk about Revenge getting it right and then find out about No Mercy. It's like seeing God and Santa Claus playing pool.

How many copies would they sell if the release an updated roster on the No Mercy engine? It's sad that wrestling games haven't progressed in terms of gameplay in the past decade. The Thq Aki/Asmik games released from 1997-2000 were the best ones every made. The controls were arcade in a way because they were simple and anyone could pick it up and play it well. The gameplay was pure simulation. Matches lasted 15-20 minutes, ton of moves were pulled off and the endings felt real. It's funny because you go on the message boards and you see thousands of people begging for an updated game using that engine. It makes me wonder if THQ really wants to make money. The other funny thing is that the first Smackdown games were absolute shit compared to WrestleMania 2000 and No Mercy and it was the Smackdown engine that got carried over into the next generation after PSX. The Nintendo gamecube owners got screwed over in WrestleMania 18 and 19. God the gameplay was beyond putrid and who the fuck wants to do a backstage streets of rage assault against security guards in 19?

Here's the other thing. There are only 2 generic templates besides the wrestlers in the game in create an entrance. So you've lost Kurt Angle's entrance, booker T's, Goldberg's, nash. I make people at work in these games. We put it on have a laugh. I work with alot of gay guys. Can't have gay guy entrances they took away the women's entrances.

Why did they even bother? I'll excuse midway and TNA it was their first time but thq what the fuck? You could've just taken the same engine that Svsr 2009 had just pchange the arenas and put the Legends in and it wouldve been fine. yeah a ripoff but at least a good one.

Oh also if you pick old school Triple H you can't use Modern in the same match.

Why are there so many limitations? Every time Iattempt to do something fun the game beats me over the head and goes "No!". This isn't arcadey. Does THQ think arcadey mean stupid and unplayable? Did Thq really think we were playing these games thinknig "Man I iwsh I had less freedom? I wish I couldn't leave the ring. This is all too much." Don't buy this game on Tuesday, don't! Fuck them.

THQ just used "arcade" as an excuse for the game being very shallow and lacking alot that should have been put into it. Looking back at WCW/NWO World Tour and Revenge were very shallow games. The roster and the gameplay for each game were A Plus. That was the main feature of why people played each game for hundreds of hours and still do. I would much rather have THQ/Yukes release the game with 50 Legends, Import Feature and a great CAL/CAW. Relive, Rewrite and Redefine seems like a waste of space, time and gameplay. You can do any of those matches in exhibition and make it up the way you go. Lets not forget that half the matches in it flat out suck because of certain wrestlers not being in the game. Savage, Steamboat, etc. So does the whole legend killer aspect. It's a glorified gauntlet match.