TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

Legends of WrestleMania

Well the latest reviews are in. IGN gave the game a 6.5 and Gamespot gave it a 5.0. It's funny to see all of the fanboys of the game cry because the game didn't get a 9.0 like it "deserves".

This game has fanboys already? Are you just here to bash the thing now that it's out and you don't like it?

Honestly though - it does deserve a higher rating than a 5 for sure, IMO. The more I play this the more I realize it's leaps and bounds more fun than the SDvRaw games.

Played it and enjoyed the button mashing. My only early complaint was that I wish Hogan would do the shirt rip + throw during his entrance.

I don't think any THQ games have had it where Hogan does the shirt rip, IIRC.

Now that the 360 DLC is out, I'm kinda hoping they release a patch for LOW that allows DLC into it.

DiBiase vs. DiBiase! Bourne vs. Snuka! Come on THQ, make it happen!

anyone want to meet on playstation 3 and have some matches? My name on there is thebuzzstud

I'm also having trouble picking up objects and picking up the opponent. Is there a trick to it. I'll press circle circle and start running instead of picking up the weapon, and anytime I try to pick up an opponent I either do a move to them or start running.

anyone want to meet on playstation 3 and have some matches? My name on there is thebuzzstud

I'm also having trouble picking up objects and picking up the opponent. Is there a trick to it. I'll press circle circle and start running instead of picking up the weapon, and anytime I try to pick up an opponent I either do a move to them or start running.

I have a 360, so my tips may vary depending on system.

For weapon, I think you have to move the stick TO the weapon, then double-tap the action button.

For opponent, you have to press the stick and the button at the same time. So far it's worked for me with no problems.

A lot of reviews have been 8+ though.

I am not going to say that the game is a 5 out of 10. But the game isn't a 9 out of 10 like alot of the fanboy websites are giving it. There are alot of problems and the game getting 9 out of 10 is based purely off of nostalgia. Plus I read several of the sites which gave the game a score of 8.5 and higher. None of them mentioned any of the problems in the game as if they were major.

thanks for the help on picking stuff up.

running works easy, i'm still having trouble picking stuff up in the ps3 version, but I'm just gonna go do some trial and error until i figure it out finally.

Finally got it to work.

I'd give it a 6.5/10 its a fun game, but has little to no reply value once you've done everything/got achievements.

I think I'd go a point higher because Royal Rumbles are actually FUN now.

I tried running when I was tinkering around at EB but still couldn't do it. I'm sure it's easy, but I was failing.

Blockbuster had no copies for rent or buy and I'd like to get it from there if possible; I have $40 in GCs to use there.

Been playing around with a few things in the game, and besides the whole ladder match thing (which doesn't bother me that much), here's a few changes I would make either through patch, DLC, or for a future sequel:

1)Make the entrances closer to the truth. For example, the extra outfits for Rude, Honky, Valentine and such. Also, why don't Austin and Rock have their proper champion entrances, carrying the belts?

2)I don't know if this is the same for the PS3 version, but for some reason, some of the SvR wrestlers have a more pale look compared to the legends when in a match. Entrances they look fine, it's just during the match.

3)Speaking of the SvR guys....please...make a decision. If you want to keep Legends and SvR versions of characters as recognized as the same person, then make it so if one version of the character has the title, both do. If you don't, then at least let us have the mirror matches.

4)Tag finishers need to be touched up a bit.

Just some minor things. I still enjoy the game very much though. Once I get around to getting a USB cable to connect my 360 to my computer and put the proper sound files in (for some reason the burned CD I made wouldn't transfer over to the hard drive) then it'll be perfect.

Been playing around with a few things in the game, and besides the whole ladder match thing (which doesn't bother me that much), here's a few changes I would make either through patch, DLC, or for a future sequel:

1)Make the entrances closer to the truth. For example, the extra outfits for Rude, Honky, Valentine and such. Also, why don't Austin and Rock have their proper champion entrances, carrying the belts?

2)I don't know if this is the same for the PS3 version, but for some reason, some of the SvR wrestlers have a more pale look compared to the legends when in a match. Entrances they look fine, it's just during the match.

3)Speaking of the SvR guys....please...make a decision. If you want to keep Legends and SvR versions of characters as recognized as the same person, then make it so if one version of the character has the title, both do. If you don't, then at least let us have the mirror matches.

4)Tag finishers need to be touched up a bit.

Just some minor things. I still enjoy the game very much though. Once I get around to getting a USB cable to connect my 360 to my computer and put the proper sound files in (for some reason the burned CD I made wouldn't transfer over to the hard drive) then it'll be perfect.

2. This is what I was referring to when I made the comment about how the photos on WWE.com made the current roster look out of place. You had this bright, cartoony legend fighting a pale looking, realistically rendered Randy Orton.

3. This might be a programming issue. I read somewhere that the "Two Jericho" issue in SVR was considered a glitch in the PS3 DLC, and the 360 DLC was allegedly held to fix glitches. Well, it's out now and guess what? Jericho's new attire is considered a different wrestler that doesn't hold the same titles as the other Jericho, yet it's programmed in a way you can't mirror match or make a Double Jericho tag-team stable.

With the Jerichos in SvR, I can understand to an extent. They share the same entrances, same music, same movesets, and so on.

Not so much with Legends. Sure, the two Shawns share the same music, but their entrances and trons are different. Haven't compared movesets TOO closely, but they don't seem to match.

Then there's the COMPLETE differences between Hunter Hearst-Helmsley and Triple H.

I was playing DiBiase vs JBL last night and it was like DiBiase was fighting a ghost. JBL was THAT white. I mean, he was glowing. I mean I'm REALLY enjoying this game, it's just the little cosmetic things that are bugging the shit out of me that keep it from being a perfect experience. I hope they decide to patch a lot of this shit.

I was playing DiBiase vs JBL last night and it was like DiBiase was fighting a ghost. JBL was THAT white. I mean, he was glowing. I mean I'm REALLY enjoying this game, it's just the little costmetic things that are bugging the shit out of me that keep it from being a perfect experience. I hope they decide to patch a lot of this shit.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about.

I finished all of the WM Tour Modes last night. Onto Legend Killer Mode. I was disappointed to see that, so far, there are no alternate belts to unlock. I was hoping to see the Attitude Era title in there (there were screenshots of Hogan wearing it, initially) as well as the two WWE Titles that came before the Winged Eagle title.

I finished all of the WM Tour Modes last night. Onto Legend Killer Mode. I was disappointed to see that, so far, there are no alternate belts to unlock. I was hoping to see the Attitude Era title in there (there were screenshots of Hogan wearing it, initially) as well as the two WWE Titles that came before the Winged Eagle title.

I'm kinda all right with no Attitude Era championship in the game. Out of the non SvR guys, there's only two guys in the game that had held that version of the title, and that's Austin and Rock.

I don't count Helmsley because this was pre DX.

I WOULD like to see alternate straps for the Intercontinental title though.

This game really needs DLC IRS, damnit. I want Money Inc and I'm horrible at CAW faces. :P

Well, it's possibly in.

The Money Inc tag entrance (both regular and "gondala") is in.

Does a game that can be beaten 100 percent in a day need costume codes?

I have no idea what you mean when you say things like this. How do you "beat" an exhibition wrestling game?

Anyway, much like most wrestling games I buy, I just bought this because I'm a mark for wrestling and it's playable enough to have fun doing crazy things. I had Koko win the IC title from Rick Rude at WrestleMania X!

So far what's bothering me the most are the various gameplay elements that aren't explained in the instructions so I just learn as I go. What is the "Offender / Defender" prompt? What's a Vengeance meter? Why is it when I go for the Doomsday Device, I just fall backwards?

Otherwise, I'm having a blast. It's not great and it could certainly be better, but it was designed to be nostalgic fun and that's about what it is.

I think the kayfabe explanation for the SVR guys looking the way they do is they were CGI'd into the past via special effects like Forrest Gump, but without ILM's budget.