TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

Impact *SPOILERS* for 12/4

omg odb's angle

That was just mind-blowingly bad.

Yeah, it was. I like ODB, but she is better working in the ring then with an interview show.

That Sarah Palin thing was HORRIBLE.

Eh, as soon as OBD started talking about her favorite instruments being the Rusty Trombone and the Skin Flute, I turned the channel.

AJ also namedropped Daniels again. Hopefully Curry Man gets the pink slip this year and they figure out how to bring Daniels back.

They can simply just have Jarrett/Foley/Cornette "re-hire" Daniels. He's been away long enough that the "firing" gimmick actually meant something. I don't believe there was anything in "The Feast Or Fired" stips that said the wrestler who was fired was also banned from TNA for life, so this is something I think they could easily work around.

omg odb's angle

That was just mind-blowingly bad.

Yeah, it was. I like ODB, but she is better working in the ring then with an interview show.

That Sarah Palin thing was HORRIBLE.

Eh, as soon as OBD started talking about her favorite instruments being the Rusty Trombone and the Skin Flute, I turned the channel.

I missed the ODB thing but, as usual, I changed the channel once Angle brought Jarrett's dead wife into their angle. Again.

That Sarah Palin stuff has been horrible the past few weeks, but for some reason this week, I thought it was funny. Maybe its because this time, I could actually tell that it was supposed to be a joke, but the last few weeks, I thought they were really serious about having her show up.

Did anyone else notice Scott Steiner looking like he was about the drop dead while laying on the turnbuckle after tagging out? And can someone PLEASE force the TNA bookers to do something with James Storm already? He's too fucking good to be wasting away with that black hole of suck that is Robert Roode and feuding with sorry ass Abyss.

Roode is good.

At being carried by James Storm.

The only good feud Booker T has been in since he came to TNA, is with Roode. The only time Eric Young was interesting is when he was Roode's lackey, and Traci Brooks was probably the most over KO in TNA when she was feuding with Roode. Roode is a good heel and a good worker. Yeah Storm is better, however that doesn't mean he's carrying Roode.

I really disliked Booker/Roode, Roode/Young was a giant heaping slice of "What the Fuck Ever", and the Traci Brooks storyline was so simple that even Russo couldn't fuck it up unless he really tried.

It doesn't matter, all 3 storylines was the best each individual has been in since they've been with the company, and Roode was the reason they were good.

No.

Booker T: His current heel run is better than the Roode feud.

Eric Young: Super Eric is better than the Roode feud.

Traci Brooks: Who cares?

It doesn't matter, all 3 storylines was the best each individual has been in since they've been with the company, and Roode was the reason they were good.

No.

Booker T: His current heel run is better than the Roode feud.

Eric Young: Super Eric is better than the Roode feud.

Traci Brooks: Who cares?

1: He has a stupid accent and cuts awful promos, it did start off good though.

2: Nobody cared about Super Eric.

3: That's exactly what they said about her after the Roode feud ended.

You can't say nobody cared about Super Eric and in the same vein try to act like people care about Robert Roode. No they don't. He's not that good. James Storm's awesomeness is the only reason Beer Money is worth watching. Subtract James Storm from the equation and you have a midcard act pretending to be anything more than that. Why do you think people want to see James Storm elevated as a singles wrestler and not Robert Roode? I wonder...

You can't say nobody cared about Super Eric and in the same vein try to act like people care about Robert Roode. No they don't. He's not that good. James Storm's awesomeness is the only reason Beer Money is worth watching. Subtract James Storm from the equation and you have a midcard act pretending to be anything more than that. Why do you think people want to see James Storm elevated as a singles wrestler and not Robert Roode? I wonder...

Yes, I can say nobody cared about Super Eric, because they obviously didn’t which is why they had Angle basically kill him off. Roode received more heat than most heels in TNA, while he was feuding with Booker, Young, and Brooks. They put him over Jarrett, in Jarrett’s 1st match back, who at the time was unheard of; he's one of the few characters in the company that has always been pretty protected. I know it's an internet cliché to look at the tag team, see the best guy in the team and automatically believe the one with lesser talented is being carried, that doesn't make the cliché right. Storm is better than Roode, no doubt it, but that doesn't mean Roode is being carried. Shelley is better than Sabin, is Saben carried? The thing is people don’t know what the fuck, carrying means. People wanting Storm to go solo, is simple, Storm is awesome, that doesn’t make Roode bad.

The reason why it's such a cliche is because it's often true. When you have what is originally a makeshift team, it's usually to have the lesser talented guy benefit from teaming with the better talent, whether it's to leech the heat, or to learn something in the ring from, or whatever reason. Jeff Jarrett jobbed to Robert Roode because he was not ready to return. You say Roode is protected... well that's true, but so what? It doesn't make him any more talented or better. It just makes him protected, because TNA is intent on getting Roode over, and has for a good few years. The fact he only gets some heat when he's feuding with a new WWE castoff (a popular one in Booker) or teaming up with what just might be the best underutilized worker in TNA today tells me no one cares about him on a level that you seem to think/want/hope for. And yes for the record, Alex Shelley is in fact carrying Chris Sabin as far as charisma and mic ability goes. Eric Young was able to get better reactions as a pure cowardly face (which is usually a death knell for a guy's career) than Robert Roode was as a serious heel with "protection". I don't even like Eric Young, but to claim that people only cared about him when he was feuding with Roode is just untrue.

[

Nah, Dus they put them together because they both were over heels, stuck with nothing to do and managed to keep heat. Which was the logical thing to do, It's probably the smartest thing the booking team has done all year as far as tag teams are concern. Storm is the star of the team, Roode compliments him well because he's good at what he does rather people like it or not. The cliche is tired and played out, in tag teams one dude is always going to be better then the other, it doesn't mean the least of the two is being carried.

[

Nah, Dus they put them together because they both were over heels, stuck with nothing to do and managed to keep heat. Which was the logical thing to do, It's probably the smartest thing the booking team has done all year as far as tag teams are concern. Storm is the star of the team, Roode compliments him well because he's good at what he does rather people like it or not. The cliche is tired and played out, in tag teams one dude is always going to be better then the other, it doesn't mean the least of the two is being carried.

So over that most wondered why James Storm was teaming up with Robert Roode instead of trying out a singles push. Forget it. You like Robert Roode. It shows.

Roode is one of those guys right now who reminds me of Steve Austin in WCW, he's had a few decent feuds so far and is a good mechanic in the ring. He's got a little spark to him, but he's missing something at the moment to really put him over the edge. I'm not saying he's the next Steve Austin so hopefully no one thinks that is what I'm implying. I'm just saying he's got the potential to do bigger things. I personally liked his run in Team Canada and his rivalry vs Booker T the best out of his stuff. Team Canada had some more legs to it when they pulled the plug.

James Storm on the other hand, is a guy who's been shining since he split from Chris Harris. He seems to have found his niche, now it's time to see where he takes it. I think Chris Harris had a spark to him back in 2003, 2004 when he got that short singles run. Look where he is now though.

According to Prowrestling.net, Impact drew a 1.2 rating.(Up from 1.1 from last Thursday.) The show drew an average of 1.8 millon viewers, making it the most watched edition of Impact in TNA history.

I've always been ok with Roode as a tag wrestler and at times have even seen him in a tag team or stable and said that he might have the ability to be a singles star. I've always hated him as a singles star and hated how much time he was getting. The cynical side of me says that means Roode is just one of those guys who should spend his career in a tag team so he doesn't wear out his welcome, but there's still that silly side of me that thinks maybe someone could find some way to make him a star. But I don't think he has the charisma or ability to do it on his own without some kind of gimmick or story to get him there. And neither the rich guy thing nor the abusive guy were it.

At this point the problem is that Roode spent so much time in the TNA midcard being shoved down our throats and so little of it was entertaining that we're locked in to an idea about him. So even if he is an equal contributor to Beer Money we're naturally going to assume that the credit goes to the guy who was doing great stuff as a singles star and not the guy who was boring us as a singles star.

So what did everyone think of this last Impact show anyway? All in all, I thought it was one of the more unexpectedly last minute better builds for the ppv that TNA has done for a ppv that, on paper, looks completely throwaway. Got me more into the ppv than I was, that's for sure. The matches and storylines to play into the main Frontline/MEM angle were good enough to keep me interested through the show. Even enjoyed the Dudley promos all over the show in relation to the faction war angle, so consider me eating some crow on those guys, after thinking a face turn was going to be a horrible move. So far appears to be ok. Man, does Joe continue to look just awful in the booking though, I gotta think a heel turn is on its' way soon, or in the least Joe going on it on his own and becoming a true tweener, fighting off everyone and anyone who he wants, and siding with neither group. There was a ton of great unintentional humor in typical TNA style all over this show, which was actually hilarious (but not intended to be that way) compared with the really desperate and 12 year old style of hilarity WWE tries often.

I've never been a fan of Roode. He's just a guy that TNA have been desperate to get over since he started and he hasn't (not majoyrly anyway). I think his ring work is ok and he's a pretty good heel, but there just seems to be something missing. He might as well be wearing a shirt that reads "mid card material"