TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ripper

So I guess this is my goodby for a good while.

So, after losing my job, keeping my moms house from being foreclosed on, and trying to stay afloat until I found another job, it just didn't work out.

The assholes at my last job looked for a way to deny me unemployment, and found it. Through a bullshit loophole(basically they knew my old phone was cut off and I stupidly let them know I was using a prepaid phone. Since they knew there was no way to pull the phone records they claimed I didn't contact them starting with the date my original phone number was cut off...quite cute I must admit)

So i had a appeals to the unemployment office which was basically my last chance and I got to tell ya, that shit is set up for the employer to win. I disproved all their arguments coming into it, so they just changed their story, and they STILL ruled in their favor.

So, long story short, I lose everything now. Apartment, car, everything I own to a pawn shop, and I am going back home to live in a back room at my moms. In a pure shithole of a town.

So since there is no internet access there, I am guessing this is it for a really really good while.

Well, I had a good time here over the last...wow...6-7 years huh?

hopefully the layoff won't be too long, although realistically I know where I am going to have to move and know the job market there. So chances are I will be working at Walmart for minimum wage pretty soon.

But that is life. Its funny to look at where the year started and where it ended. pretty fucked year. But I guess you need the bad to appreciate the good. Or some bullshit like that.

Anyway, guess i am signing off for a while. maybe talk to you guys again soon.

It's time for Ripper to choose his own adventure. Does he want me to:

A) Say something insensitive/make yet another stupid joke?

or

B) Actually be sincere?

Not sure what you are in the mood for. The choice is yours.

The first thing he had to pawn was his spell-check.

My "e" key sticks one time and all of a sudden I need spell check.

So it's back to Alabama, eh William? Man, I truly feel sorry for you and what you're going through. Not in the sense that I pity you, but rather that it sucks to see a good person such as yourself having to suffer through this.

I speak from experience and from seeing it happen to others- many times, after you lose everything, you come out of it better than ever. It's all about having the right motivation and attitude, and I know you do. You'll be all right, man. Hope to see you back here soon.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I could probably put in a good word for you if you want to work in a warehouse in northern indiana in the middle of winter. You'd be our sixth or seventh black person!

From you? A. It would feel weird otherwise!

After reading your posts in the past about how illegal immigrants are vital for our low consumer prices, remember that also applies when dey turk ur job and give it to some guy named Babu Ralph in the New Delhi Utah call center/tech department.

I'm downright amazed at your commitment to your mother and hope she is doing as well as can be. Stay strong, man. And if I can help out let me know -- except for the whole "find a job" thing. Oh, and I'm not paying nobody's mortgage. But if Boo needs some flea medicine, I'm your hook-up. Just let me know the address where I can send the order.

Best of luck Ripper! I hope you come back soon, though! You should think about working abroad. A buddy of mine had a similar situation and it ended up being a great experience for him.

From you? A. It would feel weird otherwise!

After reading your posts in the past about how illegal immigrants are vital for our low consumer prices, remember that also applies when dey turk ur job and give it to some guy named Babu Ralph in the New Delhi Utah call center/tech department.

I'm downright amazed at your commitment to your mother and hope she is doing as well as can be. Stay strong, man. And if I can help out let me know -- except for the whole "find a job" thing. Oh, and I'm not paying nobody's mortgage. But if Boo needs some flea medicine, I'm your hook-up. Just let me know the address where I can send the order.

My nextdoor neighbor is named Ralph... and I live in Utah... odd, he didn't look Indian.

We had our moments, but I always thought you were a good poster. Even when you went on hiatus, I kinda missed you.

Hope everything turns around for you, good luck bro.

If you are that desprate for work, Alberta is a booming place for employment.

Damn man, hope things turn out for the best.

I was part of the massive Philippine layoff of Jan 15 - around 1000 employees of 2 large US companies lost their jobs in a single day. There was even talk of a local outsourcing company who simply shutdown unannounced. There was crying in the city at that time --good thing I had internet income running 2 months before --so I really wasn't worried like the rest who had to contend with a new larger job market looking for scarce jobs. 1000 people may be small compared to the US - but this is the first time this has happened to the Philippines!

In the meetings of the "fired people, I felt I had to extend a hand and said "Why don't they visit my website - http://www.jomarhilario.com - I teach a free three month lesson via email on how to create income using blogs." Though I was shy at first, I think they really needed to know that there options out there. Specially now. I extend the same invite to you. Once your anger or disbelief is over. Signup to my blog and start learning the step by step lessons that enabled me to smile when things are grim.

I was part of the massive Philippine layoff of Jan 15 - around 1000 employees of 2 large US companies lost their jobs in a single day. There was even talk of a local outsourcing company who simply shutdown unannounced. There was crying in the city at that time --good thing I had internet income running 2 months before --so I really wasn't worried like the rest who had to contend with a new larger job market looking for scarce jobs. 1000 people may be small compared to the US - but this is the first time this has happened to the Philippines!

In the meetings of the "fired people, I felt I had to extend a hand and said "Why don't they visit my website - http://www.jomarhilario.com - I teach a free three month lesson via email on how to create income using blogs." Though I was shy at first, I think they really needed to know that there options out there. Specially now. I extend the same invite to you. Once your anger or disbelief is over. Signup to my blog and start learning the step by step lessons that enabled me to smile when things are grim.

WOW! That's SPAMTASTIC!

No doubt. I missed this somehow. I'd just like to throw in some well wishes for Ripper to go with Kotz's.

Dude was always one of my favorite posters. I always liked how if everybody in a thread were agreeing on the topic, even if he honestly agreed, he'd post the opposite opinion and even back up the otherside of the arguement just to get better discussion and raise other veiwpoints that weren't being considered.