TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Attacks in Mumbai

This shit is fucked up. Insanely co-ordinated both in terms of timing and the victims the terrorists themselves were seeking out. At this very moment the entire city is locked down and the death toll is around 90 but expected to climb and there are still terrorists and hostages occupying certain areas.

As of Thursday the 27th the death toll is past 100.

This is insane. India, a country that has constantly had to deal with extreme terrorism over the last 20 years- maybe even more so than any non-Muslim country, was taken completely by surprise by this enormous attack. The head of their anti-terrorism unit was killed along with members of their police department, which just goes to show that no country with ties to the West can ever be too confident in its security. Tonight, I am overcome with the reminder that the country in which I live in will never feel safe again.

This is such a tremendous setback for this important nation. Watching the coverage, you can just feel the complete fear, panic, and sorrow exuded from the officials and reporters, let alone the civilians. It's times like these that I wish that every terror-targeted country (Spain, Britain, US, India, Australia ect.) and those who rely so strongly on them (China, Brazil, Japan) would coordinate finances and resources to eradicate all known terrorist organizations. al-Qa'ida, Deccan Mujahideen, PKK- all of them.

Fucking sucks.

This shit is fucked up. Insanely co-ordinated both in terms of timing and the victims the terrorists themselves were seeking out. At this very moment the entire city is locked down and the death toll is around 90 but expected to climb and there are still terrorists and hostages occupying certain areas.

I'd doubt it's a coincidence that this happened on the American version of Thanksgiving.

Why would they attack India if it had anything to do with Thanksgiving?

Anyway, yeah it sucks, but we have to live with the fact that terrorism worldwide is a reality in the 21st century. Hopefully, someday the average Muslim people will turn against these barbarians, but until then, governments just have to remain vigilant in protecting their citizens.

Are they not primarily targeting Americans? Didn't know Thanksgiving was today though, I'll edit the original post. My bad.

It has NOTHING to do with thanksgiving. Mumbai (formerly Bombay) has been having Islamic terror attacks/bombings for decades (there were a whole bunch shortly after I was in that city for a few days). Islamic radicals have had beef in India forever due to the dispute over Kashmir along with other stuff. Plus, they took out the head of the city's anti-terrorism task force along with a bunch of officers, so it looks like THAT was their main objective.

Also, the Indian government is now pushing that it was perpetrated by 'outsiders', which will soon morph into 'perpetrated by Pakistan.'

Makes me feel so good that both those countries have The Bomb.

Whats scary is allegedly, they were asking specifically for British people and British passports, this was unconfirmed, but reported by the BBC

Whats scary is allegedly, they were asking specifically for British people and British passports, this was unconfirmed, but reported by the BBC

British, American, and Canadian allegedly.

But there's just so much history between Islamic radicals (both Pakistani and homegrown) and India that one shouldn't assume that this is jihadists using India to get at the west, as is being suggested by a lot of places in the media right now. There's a lot of drama being spun up to make the story seem sexier (I mean, 'Thanksgiving connection?' Really?).

It could be part of a larger, more nefarious plot, but unfortunately terrorism like this has been a fact of life in that city for a while.

British, American, and Canadian allegedly.

But there's just so much history between Islamic radicals (both Pakistani and homegrown) and India that one shouldn't assume that this is jihadists using India to get at the west, as is being suggested by a lot of places in the media right now. There's a lot of drama being spun up to make the story seem sexier (I mean, 'Thanksgiving connection?' Really?).

It could be part of a larger, more nefarious plot, but unfortunately terrorism like this has been a fact of life in that city for a while.

Why shouldn't one

assume that this is jihadists using India to get at the west
when they were targeting British, American, and Canadian passport holders? I feel you on the Thanksgiving connection, though.

So apparently only one terrorist survived, and was apprehended. He begged for his life and for medical attention.

Hopefully they get every piece of information they can get out of him, then torture him to death.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

These guys tie bombs to themselves. You think they're scared of a car battery to their nuts or whatever?

These guys tie bombs to themselves. You think they're scared of a car battery to their nuts or whatever?

Yep. If you have a bomb strapped to yourself, that's pretty much instant death, and basically painless. Torture and mutilation on the other hand, are not.

Why? You don't think he should be punished?

Dobbs, you can punish someone without torturing them.

I love how people are always concerned about the well being of some murder. Do you think this guy made sure his victims (all 300 or so of them) didn't suffer before killing them?

Why? You don't think he should be punished?

Dobbs, you can punish someone without torturing them.

I love how people are always concerned about the well being of some murder. Do you think this guy made sure his victims (all 300 or so of them) didn't suffer before killing them?

There's a difference between justice and revenge.

I disagree with torturing alleged terrorists as a means of obtaining intelligence, partly because it seems like a great source of misinformation.

But this guy? Have at it. I could care less.

I fuckin, I fuckin, sew ya asshole closed, and keep feedin' you, and feedin' you, and feedin' you...

I fawkin' lay your nuts on a fawkin' dresser, just your nuts on a fawkin' dresser, and bang dem shits wit a spike fawkin' bat... POW!

I fuckin, I fuckin, sew ya asshole closed, and keep feedin' you, and feedin' you, and feedin' you...

I fawkin' lay your nuts on a fawkin' dresser, just your nuts on a fawkin' dresser, and bang dem shits wit a spike fawkin' bat... POW!

I'll fuckin, I'll fuckin tie you to a fuckin bedpost with your ass cheeks spread out and shit, Right? Put a hanger on a fuckin stove and let that shit sit there for like a half hour, take it off and stick it in your ass slow like Tssssssss...