TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Creat a folder for all the drafts

Guest Czecherbear

That's a good idea, Curry. I don't like drafts either and would prefer to quarantine them. Tell you what. There's a Wrestling Draft folder up in General Wrestling that nobody's been using for about three weeks. Can we repurpose that into an All-Draft folder? I'd prefer we just stop drafting at all. How many are still running? I swore that whole craze ended back in June or whatever. If there are enough of them running that it would make sense to give them their own space, I'll do it.

Do it, right now there's three alone going on in Movies/TV (Cartoon characters, Movie Characters, Actors/Actresses). Then throw in the music tournament, and you could have a whole folder for drafts/tournaments.

Whether or not you're pro or anti-draft I think we can all agree that this isn't going away anytime soon. I mean, you can pretty much start a draft on anything so we need to keep it at least contained. Either that or limit the amount active but knowing how long some go on for that's a tall task.

Yeah, a folder would be nice. Then we can have as many drafts as we want and once we get it all out of our system you can dispose of the folder.

Really, I don't care either way though. I've never understood the concept of threads annoying people. Not like you have to open the threads, does reading a title bother you?

I can see if the whole folder was filled with drafts, or I filled up NHB with my stupid threads so that all the others sank to the bottom, but... It's a moo point.

For such a prevalent board craze, I feel nobody really exploited the potential for parody that the drafts brought about. Like we could have had an Internal Organs Draft, Cat Breeds Draft, KFC Menu Items Draft but no, just an "All-time Board Draft" that played on the ambiguous connotations of the word "board." A waste I say.

Guest Vitamin X
It's a moo point.

Also known as Taiga's house.

Anyways, some time ago when we were proposing TSM folder organization, I suggested making a subfolder for the Sports folder for Fantasy Sports/Draft stuff, so if we just made a folder for Draft stuff I'm all for it as well, but I'd be quite keen on separating the fantasy stuff from the, well, real stuff as well instead of making mega-threads all the time. Our fantasy sports- be they kkk bowl, Yahoo! Leagues or whatever, are pretty popular and obviously the drafts are all over the place.

Guest Czecherbear

I have a problem with drafts because they're the invasive species to our ecosystem. HarleyQuinn came in here with his "woowwwww, I found this reeeeaally cool thing at my other board, it's just amaaaaazing what happens" way back with his album draft. Yeah, what happens is that people stop having conversations and just post in these stupid fucking gimmick threads that are basically games you can't win. Okay, so you pick things. Then what do you do with them? Compare them? Who compares them? A judge? One another? What do you get for winning? In short, to what end? It's the same with tournaments: unless there's arguing and general bullshitting (served in the Army under him) in the threads, they're just pointless mechanisms. That's part of why I'm doing cartwheels with all my "Sunshine of Your Love"/Touch of Grey grousing. The other part is that I legit hate that commercial, but something needs to be done to break up the monotony of ballot after ballot. The same thing happens in drafts. "I pick...so-and-so." "I pick so-and-so!" "The Amazing Rando has five hours to pick so-and-so or else I am!"

I guess it's fairly telling that most if not all of the extant drafts are in Movies/DVDs/Television, which has always been a haven for discourse that, to me, has always had a tenuous relationship with normality. If you're already going to split hairs over how retarded Peter Griffin is, why not see who's better at picking characters from movies, except not see who's better, or something, I suppose.

The positive about a draft folder is that it would also be good for the drafters. When we had the wrestling draft and the soccer draft, sometimes i'd forget one.. if they're all in the same folder then you can't miss them.

Make this happen, because who are we kidding.. there are going to be more drafts.

The positive about a draft folder is that it would also be good for the drafters. When we had the wrestling draft and the soccer draft, sometimes i'd forget one..

This must've been hard for you.

Gosh, what an impressive reply. Yes, as I worked nights at the time and had roughly five minutes of staying awake when I got home from work to make my picks, it wasn't uncommon that I forgot to post in one.

I guess it's fairly telling that most if not all of the extant drafts are in Movies/DVDs/Television, which has always been a haven for discourse that, to me, has always had a tenuous relationship with normality. If you're already going to split hairs over how retarded Peter Griffin is, why not see who's better at picking characters from movies, except not see who's better, or something, I suppose.

The abject awfulness of that folder has always kinda bummed me out. It's like, we've got enough reasonably intelligent/cultured posters here that you'd think an interesting discussion would take shape once in a while, but nope, it's all "GUESS HOW MUCH MONEY MOVIES ARE GOING TO MAKE" and never-ending threads about stupid nerd shit. Oh well.

Guest Czecherbear

I think the smart posters stay out precisely because of all the box office crap and Heath Ledger/Joss Whedon/Judd Apatow fanboyism.

Byron, this is a fucking wrestling board. Just because you've never liked a movie that grossed over $5 million doesn't mean Sam Barron can't geek out over how much the vampire chick flick is going to take in. If you want smart discussion about movies, start some yourself. You can quote thirty pages of some screenplay instead of a revered postmodern novel.

shitty threads about stupid nerd shit.

That's what this board was founded on.

We're going to need a name for the draft folder. I suggest: "Drift-draft" with a subtitle of "Come in from the draft and draft up a draft."

shitty threads about stupid nerd shit.

That's what this board was founded on.

We're going to need a name for the draft folder. I suggest: "Drift-draft" with a subtitle of "Come in from the draft and draft up a draft."

"Draft Faggotry" suits it just fine.

Gosh, what an impressive reply. Yes, as I worked nights at the time and had roughly five minutes of staying awake when I got home from work to make my picks, it wasn't uncommon that I forgot to post in one.

That sounds really tough. You're a real draft trooper.

I love drafts, and would prefer that we run drafts on different subjects forever.

I'm a compulsive list-maker, you see. It's why I love cracked.com so much. I seriously used to just make up lists of my favorite film characters and shit for absolutely no reason. This trend has been wonderful for me.

The abject awfulness of that folder has always kinda bummed me out. It's like, we've got enough reasonably intelligent/cultured posters here that you'd think an interesting discussion would take shape once in a while, but nope, it's all "GUESS HOW MUCH MONEY MOVIES ARE GOING TO MAKE" and never-ending threads about stupid nerd shit. Oh well.

The box office threads are one thread once a week, if that. And it sounds like you just don't like a movie folder that talks about movies you don't care for, which really isn't our fault. Start some topics, create some discussion yourself instead of just bitching about it.

I think the smart posters stay out precisely because of all the box office crap and Heath Ledger/Joss Whedon/Judd Apatow fanboyism.

I think Czech is just bitter that he repeatedly got owned whenever he tried to make a snarky comment in The Dark Knight thread. It always sounded like to me like you just go against the popular movie trend of the moment just to be a contrarian. Which is fine, but don't act like everyone else is stupid for liking it.