TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Creat a folder for all the drafts

I was half-joking when I complained about changing the name of the TSMmys, but I do think that the awards threads need unique names to differentiate themselves. It's quite burdensome to open a folder and see the 15 different threads with nearly identical names.

I'm all for symmetry, but isn't it overkill to call everything TSM 2008 Year-End Awards?

Guest Czecherbear

Those are just placeholders because I wanted to get everything out there swiftly. I don't think it looks good either. I tried to sort it so that it would follow the dropdown menu instead of last post, but holy shit was that annoying, so I reset it. Tell us what the threads should be called, anyone and everyone, and they'll be changed.

Bob: as with drafting being consolidated to one place, I thought it'd be a good idea to have all the listing in one place. Hopefully, it takes off in the next couple of days or hours. Why doesn't a TV/movies thread work? It's under the same umbrella, the way the sports thread should be able to handle best-ofs from hockey, baseball, and retarded quotations.

Bob: as with drafting being consolidated to one place, I thought it'd be a good idea to have all the listing in one place. Hopefully, it takes off in the next couple of days or hours.

The drafts were starting to clog up folders, had been so for months at a time, and there was no end in sight.

Presumably, year end stuff doesn't last very long and should be done by mid-January. Plus, there can be actual discussion with year end awards, while a draft is just picking random things. So they should be used to bolster discussion in the folder it applies in, not a subfolder.

Guest Czecherbear
Presumably, year end stuff doesn't last very long and should be done by mid-January. Plus, there can be actual discussion with year end awards, while a draft is just picking random things. So they should be used to bolster discussion in the folder it applies in, not a subfolder.

They can still spark discussion. That's very much the idea. My thought was just to have a centralized place for the concept. Really, there's a good argument for either way of organizing it, and I can see both sides, either pinning the thread in each folder, or having all of the threads in one folder. I mulled it over and went with Special Event folder. Poster Tournament will take the Special Event spot after YEAs, with some overlap. I don't know what would follow that, if anything. I hope people participate in it and fun discussion comes from it. Or you can just keep busting my balls. Either/or.

Let the posters do what they want in their folder, ya know?

You present this as if we're a confederation of semi-autonomous states. My rationale was that people would read and add to the music shit, then do sports, then do TSMcentric stuff. Again, there's not really a right or wrong way to organize it, I'll acknowledge, I just essentially coin-flipped as to how it'd be presented.

I was half-joking when I complained about changing the name of the TSMmys, but I do think that the awards threads need unique names to differentiate themselves. It's quite burdensome to open a folder and see the 15 different threads with nearly identical names.

I'm all for symmetry, but isn't it overkill to call everything TSM 2008 Year-End Awards?

I was moderately happy with how the acronym SLAM-E turned out.

Sorry this is late, but it has to be said

Oooohhh! Why don't you creat an alternate reality where you don't have to spell correctly and I talk like this. And your name is Watered Down!