TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PUT THAT DICK IN MY MOUTH!

Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak

It's not surprising that some people have given to overpraising this record—very popular mainstream artist makes personal, comparatively weird and difficult album that has been greeted with some vocal measure of disdain by said artist's fanbase—but it's a temptation I can resist. There are some good songs here, enough of them to make the album work, but, like a lot artistic statements born of something so deeply personal, 808s & Heartbreak occasionally doesn't know when to quit. Some songs go on for far too long, others (I'm looking at you, "Pinocchio Story") wallow in excess to the point of embarassment. Still, I like the album, and I'll throw my hat into the "Paranoid"-is-the-best-song-on-the-album ring.

Guest Czecherbear

I never know when we're referring to Andre 3000 and when we're referring to Dr. Dre. They both can't be Dre!

I'll go "RoboCop" followed by "Paranoid." Kind of a 1/1A thing. "Pinocchio Story" shouldn't even be there.

I never know when we're referring to Andre 3000 and when we're referring to Dr. Dre. They both can't be Dre!

As a youngster I was very confused by Dr. Dre and Doctor Dre. Luckily, one of them eventually disappeared off the face of the earth.