TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - December 2008

You can't cut the promos he's been cutting while wearing a shiny vest. The suit makes perfect sense.

I didn't say I liked the shiny vest. I thought that looked stupid too.

What I meant to say, is that any other Jericho attire would look stupid while cutting those promos.

Keep the suit, but go back to long trunks, I say.

There is a sense of "credibility" to the short trunks. Look at all the world champions who wore short trunks compared to the ones who wore long ones.

Jericho needs to turn face for one night and call Steph a filthy, dirty, disgusting, brutal, bottom feeding trash bag ho for old times sake.

Watch out, there's a crap ton of people here that will jump on you for suggesting anything that doesn't adhere to WWE's current kid friendly image. Personally, I would find that (Jericho dogging Steph) funny as hell!

Jericho needs to turn face for one night and call Steph a filthy, dirty, disgusting, brutal, bottom feeding trash bag ho for old times sake.

I thought the proper order ended with ho bag. :D

There is a sense of "credibility" to the short trunks. Look at all the world champions who wore short trunks compared to the ones who wore long ones.

Some just look better in the long though.

Jericho, IMO, did.

And don't say that too much, or Edge will be the next to lose the long trunks.

Jericho, IMO, did.

It took me forever to get used to Triple H when he ditched the long tights in 1999. Macho Man Randy Savage is a unique case, going from trunks to long tights.

Jericho, IMO, did.

It took me forever to get used to Triple H when he ditched the long tights in 1999. Macho Man Randy Savage is a unique case, going from trunks to long tights.

Yeah. Savage was unique in that case.

Though when he went to long tights, he lost the cool robes that he would wear to the ring.

EDIT: One style of look I wish more wrestlers would use is the Bret Hart style...long tights with trunks, as well as a classic style wrestling singlet top.

Jericho, IMO, did.

Given the state of his legs during his Ric Flair impersonation, I'd say that that's a terrible, terrible idea.

Macho Man Randy Savage is a unique case, going from trunks to long tights.

Hogan went from trunks to long tights.

Would you also consider HBK going from long tights to pants a similar change?

Who gives a fuck about what kind of tights or clothes another man wears?

If more wrestlers start wearing trunks, then hardly anyone will stand out anymore.

Who gives a fuck about what kind of tights or clothes another man wears?

If more wrestlers start wearing trunks, then hardly anyone will stand out anymore.

That's also a reason why I think more wrestlers should wear colors other than black for their ring attires.

I mean, guys like Orton and Batista used to have varied colors of their ring attire before...now it's just...black.

That's also a reason why I think more wrestlers should wear colors other than black for their ring attires.

I mean, guys like Orton and Batista used to have varied colors of their ring attire before...now it's just...black.

Same with Kofi Kingston. He used to wear yellow and green.

It totally weirded me out when Shane Douglas was sporting the long tights back in '99.

One style of look I wish more wrestlers would use is the Bret Hart style...long tights with trunks, as well as a classic style wrestling singlet top.

Who was the last contracted WWE guy to use that look? All I can remember is Danny Doring.

Wwe is over in Iraq filming the Troops show. Wwe.com travel photo's show Miz, Morrison, Kelly Kelly, Eve, Cena, Bastista, Alicia Foxx, Jericho, Shad and JTG, Jeff Hardy, Lilian Garcia, Mickey James and Maria. I guess it's a good bet we'll be seeing Cryme Tyme vs Miz and Morrison on the show. I assume there is more wrestlers overthere, but I just couldn't see them in the pics is all. Joey Styles is heading over for his first time as well. I don't know why Alicia is going really other than as AA T & A. Wwe also brought the TitanTron for the first time (probably could travel with it as they have the HD screens now Stateside).

R-Truth is also there as he's seen in new pics up at wwe.com.

Edit- JBL and Big Show are there as well.

Who was the last contracted WWE guy to use that look? All I can remember is Danny Doring.

IIRC he only wore tights with no shirt during his 2006 ECW run.

Cool...

Superstars roll up their sleeves to help Daily Bread Food Bank

Source: SLAM! Wrestling

Written: December 4, 2008

As reported on SLAM! Wrestling’s Web site, WWE Champion Edge, SmackDown Diva Natalya and Hall of Famer Rocky Johnson all volunteered their time to help at the Daily Bread Food Bank in Toronto Wednesday. Leading by example, the Superstars rolled up their sleeves and got to work in hopes of encouraging WWE’s fanbase to do their part in helping the food bank reach their goal of 500,000 pounds of food and $500,000 for those less fortunate this holiday season. More information on the Superstars’ visit can be found here:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2008/12/03/7623526.html

Jericho, IMO, did.

It could happen. He's "lost" them once before, lol:

54bccia.jpg

That would weird me out something fierce. Having to wear another guy's tights. Maybe he just forgot his or something. It grosses me the fuck out if I've slacked on laundry, and I'm out of clean underwear and have to borrow a pair of my Dad's.

Forgive me for bringing up old news but I had no idea that the finale to The Shield was based on the Benoit murders.

Yea, it was a pretty chilling event. Long story short, Shane (disgraced former police officer) didn't want himself or his pregnant wife to have to go to jail for some murders that they were linked to. They had a very young son (how old was Jackson, 2? 3?), and Shane didn't want him to grow up in foster care knowing his parents were murderers, or for his unborn daughter to share a similar fate. So, he drugged some drinking water that he gave his wife and son, and they simply died in their sleep. "Happy and innocent. Just the way I found them", as his suicide note read. He placed them side by side on a bed, and left a bouquet of flowers in his wife's hands, and a toy police car in his son's hands. Similar to Chris Benoit leaving bibles next to Daniel and Nancy's bodies. While Shane was in the process of writing his suicide note, an army of police knocked-down the door of his house, and when a couple female officers turned a corner and saw him sitting in his bathroom, he shot himself in the head. I don't think chilling is a proper word to describe the event, it was just terribly sad more than anything.

That would weird me out something fierce. Having to wear another guy's tights. Maybe he just forgot his or something. It grosses me the fuck out if I've slacked on laundry, and I'm out of clean underwear and have to borrow a pair of my Dad's.

Umaga with "Orton" on the back of his half-pants in a house show pic was weird as well.