TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - December 2008

From what I've read, Shawn works a very reduced house show schedule.

I only remember because there was something mentioned on one of the "sites" about WWE having internal talks about getting Kurt back into the WWE and putting him on a schedule a lot like Shawn's..

Does Kurt still have his painkiller problems, or has he cleaned himself up? I'd love to see him back. I'd like to see what he can do with some of WWE's new guys.

Why are we blacking out things that haven't happened yet and probably won't happen? Stop being paranoid, people.

And why is this story even in General Discussion? If there was a subject that needed its own thread, it's this.

That 'story' certainly isn't in the latest Observer and I don't think Meltzer has mentioned anything even remotely like it. Far more likely someone made shit up and used the Observer to try and make it seem credible.

Plus...

Does anyone really believe there's any chance WWE has anything planned out that much in detail for 4 months ahead?

Well, to be fair, they did have the Flair stuff mapped out all the way back to October '07.

Plus...

Does anyone really believe there's any chance WWE has anything planned out that much in detail for 4 months ahead?

When it comes to handling one of their most recognizable stars and a long time locker room veteran/leader's retirement? Yes I'd bet on a long term plan.

Why are we blacking out things that haven't happened yet and probably won't happen? Stop being paranoid, people.

And why is this story even in General Discussion? If there was a subject that needed its own thread, it's this.

Because nobody really gives a fuck, but you it seems.

Plus...

When it comes to handling one of their most recognizable stars and a long time locker room veteran/leader's retirement? Yes I'd bet on a long term plan.

I doubt they would have much more planned than "HBK vs. UT. HBK heel (? maybe?)" written up. I don't buy them having long term DETAILED plans.

Another thing that should have made it clear that it was bullshit is that trying to "cremate" someone alive probably wouldn't qualify for TV-PG.

I really hated stuff like Undertaker trying to murder Steve Austin so he could embalm him during the Attitude era. Come on now. I figure if something was bad enough that I hated it in 1998, it must really have sucked.

WWE commentator Michael Cole turns 40 today.

Former WWE personality, "The Doctor of Style" Slick, turns 65 today.

It would be somewhat hilarious if Undertaker was put in the MITB match at Mania this year, lost, and was never seen again.

EDIT (before I even click Add Reply): No it wouldn't.

I laughed thinking about it. So yes, it is hilarious. Now should they? No.

Michael Cole has shown on DVDs that when he's not being fed all of his lines through the headset, he's actually a pretty decent commentator on his own. I will say that I liked listening to him much more when he was partnered with Tazz on Smackdown than any of the recent years, though.