TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - December 2008

A couple of PPV numbers from the recent Observer. No Mercy (Jericho vs. Shawn in a Ladder match) did 238,000 total buys with 150,000 from North America. Cyber Sunday (Jericho vs. Batista with fans voting on the referee) did 162,00 total buys with 102,000 from North America. That last number is WWE's third lowest ever number of NA buys.

RE: ECW Title at Armageddon:

Kozlov made a comment on SmackDown about taking the ECW title at Armageddon

Ya, I know. I don't understand why they would announce the title match on Smackdown instead of ECW, but who cares.

They did announce it on ECW when Kozlov beat up Dreamer and challenged Hardy to the match.

The Torch has been running a Torch Talk interview with the one and only Lanny Poffo. Wade Keller finally asked the Randy Savage question, and Lanny said that he definitely thinks that its something personal between Savage and Vince, and that he has heard the Stephanie rumors, but he doesn't have the balls to ask Savage whether they are true or not. He doesn't expect Savage to ever be in the HOF.

Source: PWInsider.com

- WWE developmental wrestler Hade Vansen will debut on tomorrow night's WWE Friday Night SmackDown in the first of a series of vignettes for a new masked character he will be doing. His new character was described as dark and something similar to Christopher Daniels' "Fallen Angel" gimmick he has done in TNA.

Vansen is a British talent who was signed by WWE to a developmental deal in May of 2007. He missed the most of the past year after a knee injury.

This sounds sorta like the angle/gimmick Mysterio was pitching for Low-Ki. Hade sorta works like Low-Ki and has a similar build and uses the double stomp "Warriors Way" move as part of his arsenal. I don't know what it means that Kizarny hasn't debuted yet and the wwe has already moved on to new character vignettes. Here is a couple pics of Hade Hansen from the latest FCW show -

IMG_8057.jpg

IMG_8147.jpg

Also Ryan Braddock is being repackaged under an Elvis gimmick. I assume they're making a jumpsuit of sorts for Braddock, as this look is basically what he'd worn previously (save the sunglasses and sideburns) -

lpmfi0hetizukw5djk6b.jpg

Ha...

Judah Friedlander on 30 Rock is wearing a "Cactus Jack: Wanted Dead" shirt and a hat that says "Foley Artist".

(Sorry... couldn't bring myself to put this in the TNA folder)

It was mentioned in the 30 Rock thread, though. Not knowing when this episode was filmed, it's possible Foley was part of WWE at the time (and thus part of the NBC Universal family) so yeah, WWE General Discussion works.

Also, I'll be out of town this weekend, so you guys are all on your own for starting show topics, and they won't be pinned unless 909 is around. I trust all of you to not start discussions which warrant a thread in General Discussion in my absence, and be cool to one another. Thanks!

The Hade Vansen character that I was talking about above isn't wearing a mask, but the vignette does air on SD! this week. Wwe really underutilized masks and face paint these days. I'm on record saying I liked the Hardy face-paint, and don't understand why Mysterio is the only masked wrestler in the wwe. I gather the wwe probably wants to keep Mysterio special in the case of masks. It doesn't have to be a "Mexican heritage" mask, but rather a "hide my identity" mask for a heel or two.

It was mentioned in the 30 Rock thread, though. Not knowing when this episode was filmed, it's possible Foley was part of WWE at the time (and thus part of the NBC Universal family) so yeah, WWE General Discussion works.

Also, I'll be out of town this weekend, so you guys are all on your own for starting show topics, and they won't be pinned unless 909 is around. I trust all of you to not start discussions which warrant a thread in General Discussion in my absence, and be cool to one another. Thanks!

What part of Ontario are you from? I grew up in Thunder Bay, lived in Toronto and now I'm back to Thunder Bay again. It's alot further North than North Bay which is where most Southern Ontarians thought I was talking about when I told them where I'm from.

IF there is a run in, I can see Hardy getting pinned. Triple H will go on to talk about winning the Royal Rumble since it's the next ppv. Then after the best of shows, we can have winner gets in the Royal Rumble matches. Although with the thin roster, that would be kind of hard. I guess Taker could be in one of those matches vs. Triple H or something then Umaga does a run in to make sure Taker is out of the Rumble.

If Hardy doesn't get a title shot at the Rumble, I can see him winning the Rumble from an early entry like #3 or #4. Winning the Rumble from one of the first 2 spots lost it's magic when Rey did it.

I was going to say MVP could win the MitB match this year but with this losing streak, he might not even qualify.

What part of Ontario are you from? I grew up in Thunder Bay, lived in Toronto and now I'm back to Thunder Bay again. It's alot further North than North Bay which is where most Southern Ontarians thought I was talking about when I told them where I'm from.

Thunder Bay: The place where Hope died.

I just noticed this on the Google ad that shows a random wrestler's IQ: Batista = 119

Yeah right. :lol:

It shows that for just about anyone though, so it doesn't mean anything.

It's too bad that someone like Nigel McGuinness doesn't get TV time, because he had a great year, and is one of the best heels around, that's who go my vote.

It's too bad that someone like Nigel McGuinness doesn't get TV time, because he had a great year, and is one of the best heels around, that's who go my vote.

"Wankahs!"

Thunder Bay: The place where Hope died.

Yeah :(

The true story behind Terry Fox is that a native shanked him.

(I apologise in advance to any native americans reading this thread who will take offense to my racist joke. We just have alot of the prone to shank you natives in this city. I realize that they do not represent your entire race.)

When did they win the Championship?

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP CHANGES HANDS TONIGHT

by Mike Johnson

I just received word that in an unusual move, John Morrison and The Miz captured the WWE Tag Team championships at tonight's Raw house show in Hamilton, Ontario defeating Kofi Kingston and CM Punk.