TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - December 2008

I don't recall ever seeing HBK vs Flair before the retirement match

They wrestled in 1991 that made it on a Coliseum video.

They wrestled at Bad Blood 2003.

They wrestled on a RAW in Japan.

And they worked against each other in numerous tag matches.

I watched the Bad Blood match recently, and it was better than I remembered it being.

According to ESPN, The Hoosier Dome was demolished today. The venue was the home of WrestleMania 8, with main events of Hulk Hogan vs. Sid Justice and Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage.

I don't think HHH will be Shawn's last match. A mid-carder on the edge of getting that next level push has to pin Shawn. A guy like Morrison. HHH pinning Shawn wouldn't do anything for HHH and becomes pretty meaningless.

I like this idea in theory. However, its been rumored that HBK wants the big Flair sendoff for his retirement, and a respect match with HHH fits that better than losing to a heel up-and-comer. HBK pinning Flair in his final match this year didn't do a thing for HBK, but the whole deal was so awesome that no one really complained about it.

Thing is, we've all see HHH vs HBK many times. I don't recall ever seeing HBK vs Flair before the retirement match.. and if it did happen it didn't happen often. IMO, they should try to do a huge dream match for HBK's retirement. Sting would be great, but we know that'll never happen.

as with Flair's retirement, you need some angle to run on with. Jericho/HBK feud was born out of the Flair match.

Batista got pissed at HBK for beating Flair, HBK faked an injury in his match with Batista, Jericho called Shawn out on it, in the HBK/Batista rematch Jericho helped Batista win, then Jericho put HBK through the TV, ect. ect.

No one else was as close with HBK and still are on good terms with him storyline wise as HHH is. That's who carries on the post retirement angle with.

If this whole retirement thing is real then I would expect the seeds to be planted soon as HBK storylines seem to drag on for 6-7 months.

I saw Flair/HBK at a house show in 2005, right after Shawn's pseudo heel turn on Hogan. He even did a promo before the match trying to justify his actions. Crowd mostly cheered him anyway. Michaels won that match and it was probably the best thing on that mostly dull show.

WWE.com probably just deleted it, because it doesn't show up in the Miz & Morrison discussion thread, where it was first posted, either.

Source: PWInsider.com

SmackDown star Ron "R-Truth" Killings was detained at the Canadian border upon his arrival in Toronto this morning.

Killings was refused entry into the Canada and sent home as a result. He obviously won't be appearing at tonight's Raw/SmackDown television taping in Toronto.

Further details have yet to be disclosed regarding why he was barred from entering Canada.

I wonder Wassup?

Source: PWInsider.com

SmackDown star Ron "R-Truth" Killings was detained at the Canadian border upon his arrival in Toronto this morning.

Killings was refused entry into the Canada and sent home as a result. He obviously won't be appearing at tonight's Raw/SmackDown television taping in Toronto.

Further details have yet to be disclosed regarding why he was barred from entering Canada.

I wonder Wassup?

Does he have any outstanding warrants on his record? A felony conviction?

That... or he was "caught" with something.

It's because he's black on a Monday morning, which is prohibited in Canada.

Just speculation on my part but it could be R-Truth's previous criminal record at issue. MVP once alluded to needing special arrangements to get into Canada because of that concern.

Festus' hair is natural. It's not intentional like Kane's. He lost his hair pretty fast. I know a guy I graduated high school with had that exact same hair loss by the time he was 23.

I was 18 when I started losing my hair. The baldness certainly makes on look older than they are. I would have said at least 32 for Festus.

Yeah, this doesn't sound anything like Brian Christopher getting busted at the border with drugs. It sounds like a technicality.

PWInsider is reporting that Hade Vansen has already been scrapped:

If you missed seeing Hade Vansen's promo on Smackdown two weeks ago, there won't be a second chance. The character has already been dropped, according to several WWE sources.

The initial plan for the character was to put him into an angle with The Undertaker. Once his initial promo aired, Vince McMahon put a stop to the direction, deciding he didn't want a new talent from developmental put into a major angle before he was tested and could be trusted to carry the ball. The character was a Michael Hayes idea to create a new foe for the Undertaker to work with.

Vansen, as well as Kevin Fertig (aka Kevin Thorn) and developmental talent Black Pain were told at last week's TV taping their new characters and direction were being scrapped. Fertig and Pain were going to be associated with the Vansen character in some form.

The plan was to create a dark character with cult-esque overtones, similar to Christopher Daniels' Fallen Angel persona. Vansen is a British talent who was signed to a WWE developmental deal in May 2007. He missed most of the past year following a knee injury.

I don't know what the easy solution to this is, but Vince has got to find more time to pay attention / hire people he trusts to pay attention for him. People are GETTING ON TV ('Double Double E' Kozlov, this guy, Fake Kane though that case is a bit different) only for Vince to determine far too late in the creative process that someone isn't ready / an idea is stupid.

Man, I'm gonna miss Hade Vansen... that promo looked like it would of been TNA's version of a Highlander gimmick. This sucks. At least Glacier him out and run like half a years worth of promos for him.