TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

UFC 93: Franklin vs. Henderson

I was just checking MMAJunkie's rumors section and found out for the first time that there are two PPVs in January, 93 in Dublin and 94 (GSP/Penn)...

So at this point it's totally unclear what cards Lyoto/Silva and potentially Henderson/Franklin are on. Shit.

I'd need a pretty decent undercard or one serious standout fight to cough up money for that. Example here being Franklin/Okami which I liked as a fight but didn't care for as a main event. My money on the card was for Guida/Griffin and it was worth every penny.

UFC 72 was just a bad card overall. And no one fight is worth damn near $50.

I think Hendo vs Rich is a serious selling fight. The undercards lately have been alright. Henderson has to win it though for TUF US vs England to make sense. If him and Bisping are coaching with a title shot on the line.

You wouldn't pay for Franklin vs Hendo??

I would problay still pay for the event, as I love MMA. But the thing is, my cable bill will be pretty insane that month with Royal Rumble and those two UFC events. Even though I get PPV's half price because my mom works for the cable company.

I don't mind it. Not sure if you were aware but they fought in PRIDE and Coleman got a TKO victory when Shogun snapped his arm trying to post on a takedown. Bit of a scuffle afterwards as Coleman kept fighting which led to ChuteBoxe storming the ring and facing off against Hammer House. Highlights included Ninja Rua taking a cheap shot at a restrained Coleman and Phil Baroni double-legging Wanderlei and standing on his neck. It's a good intro fight.

Coleman...really? I'd rather see Shogun fight a contender

Dude's coming off 16 month lay off, and major surgey... He shouldn't fight a contender so soon.

For sure. I get what YNA is saying but putting Shogun up against a Lyoto or a Wanderlei for his return fight carries more risk then reward as he's carrying a HUGE amount of ring rust but a victory over Coleman will get his name out and also allow him to avenge a loss.

I know Coleman has a win over Shogun. A win, wouldn't call it a victory really. I just think a win for Shogun here does nothing for him.

It does do something for Shogun, it avenges his loss, and it helps get the cage rust off him getting him prepared to fight a contender next.

You expect the guy to come off a 16 month layoff and major knee surgey and fight the best at 100%? Get fucking real.

Yeah, 2 PPVs in one month at $45 each is a little much. If this is indeed true for January, then I will have to wait until both cards are fully announced, buy the ppv I think has the better card, and then go to the bar to watch the other one. Unless the one in Ireland gets changed from being a PPV, to free.

UFC 93:

Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin

Mark Coleman vs. Shogun

International Event so it should be free on Spike!!!

So two BIG SHOWS in January!!!

UFC 93

Franklin vs Hendo

Coleman vs Shogun

Guida vs Pellegrino

Kang vs Belcher

Davis vs Lytle

Rousimar Phalhares vs Jeremy "Clearly I have photos of Dana White with a Thai boy because I keep getting invited back" Horn

I've subscribed to Fight! since the beginning. The sticker comes off 100% clean every time. I'd recommend the sub... I think it's $18.95. You'll save a ton of money.

Most up-to-date card:

Venue: The 02

Broadcast: Pay Per View

Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin

Mark Coleman vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Marcus Davis vs. Chris Lytle

Alan Belcher vs. Denis Kang

Martin Kampmann vs. TBA

Jeremy Horn vs. Rousimar Palhares

Thomasz Drwal vs. Ivan Serati

Nate Mohr vs. Denis Siver

Andre Gusmao vs. Antonio Mendes

Abdul Mohamed vs. TBA

Tom Egan vs. John Hathaway

Guess it's the main card of the UFN in January not this one as the televised card was released today....

Franklin vs Hendo

Coleman vs Shogun

Kang vs Belcher

Lytle vs Davis

Horn vs Phalhares

It's kind of a shame that at one time in MMA tapping Jeremy Horn was an impossible act but now that Santiago opened the floodgates it's the new hotness.

I don't see Horn having the standup to threaten Rousimar not the takedown d to peck away at him for three rounds.

Phalhares, sub at some point.