TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

UFC 93: Franklin vs. Henderson

Where's Shogun's killer instinct? Coleman is fucking dead in there and Shogun is just letting him stay in the fight.

I can't tell who looks sadder right now. Granted, Shogun's winning, but at least Coleman has the excuse of being a dehydrated old man who hasn't fought in years. Shogun just looks flat as hell.

So these PRIDE vets really need to get their hands on some high-level masking agents, because the lack of Vitamin S sure as shit isn't helping anyone.

It's the greatest all the way from the entrance to the post fight and everything in between. EVERYTHING. I can't remember the last time I was that entertained or a fight brought that many dimensions to it, from violence to drama to outright comedy.

YOURE A FUCKING LEGEND

It's the greatest all the way from the entrance to the post fight and everything in between. EVERYTHING. I can't remember the last time I was that entertained or a fight brought that many dimensions to it, from violence to drama to outright comedy.

YOURE A FUCKING LEGEND

Fuck these asinine stats Goldberg keeps blurting out.

Absolutely. Successful on 71% of takedowns, lands 35% of leg kicks, SHUT THE FUCK UP. Easily the dumbest thing they've added lately.

It boils down to the second round. If you liked Franklin's slight edge standing, the fight's his; Henderson's late takedown and G&P, than it's his.

Oh also:

Dan winning is actually good for the future because he actually wants to be at 185 and be a coach on TUF. Rich, obviously, wanted neither of those things.

No way, I thought this card was awesome.

Horn/Palhares was lots of fun, Belcher/Kang was slow at parts but definitely solid. Opening fight was about as action packed as expected, the main event delivered and we got the greatest fight of all time. Throw in two UK Kids on Speed and this card rocked.

While nothing was terrible, I would not give a recommendation to order this PPV. Save your money for next week's Affliction and Penn/St. Pierre in two weeks.

Shogun was a great fighter in Pride, but he is a complete stiff now. Coleman was gassed 3 minutes into the fight and Rua still couldn't do anything.

God, Shogun looked so damn sad in there today like the ACL tears and Forrest stole all of his killer instinct. Man, if Coleman hadn't gassed 3 minutes in, he possibly could've gotten the mount and tapped Shogun, which would've been fuckin' hilarious. As for the rest of the fights, someone needs to tell Palhares to work on his striking because Horn was giving him opening damn near the entire fight to turn his lights off(those slams he got in were damn sweet, however). What was with Davis back-peddling so damn much? He probably ate more shots trying to stay out of Lytle's range than he did when he tried to get in close.

I kinda feel Rich won the main, but round 2 could've gone either way, so meh.

Jesus - I was marking the fuck out during the whole Coleman pre match and match. I likened it to knowing John Cena and Shawn Micheals were going to have a great main event on top (Hendo/Rich) but seeing Hogan (Coleman) on the upper card was a nostalgic treat.

UFC was very OK as a whole tonight. Marked hard for cagey vet Horn escaping time and time again as well