TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 14

Pick six. This is turning into a laugher in Indy.

It's turning into a laugher as well at the Meadowlands. You would think that the Eagles were the defending champs at home 11-1 against the Giants who are 6-5-1 playing for the playoff lives. Eagles are 9-14 today on 3rd down. The Giants only have 3 conversions.

And another 3rd down Conversion for the Eagles. Jesus christ!

If the Steelers don't win later on, I fully expect the Giants to get rolled in Dallas next weekend. What an embarassing performance today.

The Giants are getting manhandled by the Eagles. This game has been worse than the Browns one in terms of how inept they've looked. If not for special teams, they should probably be down by about 20.

23 actually. They blocked two FGs, one of which was returned for the Giants only score.

I wrote that before Westbrook abused Pierce for the second time today. Maybe Pierce should have been focused on the Burress situation, because if this is him bringing 100% of his attention to the game, he needs to rethink that strategy because he's been AWFUL throughout.

As much as I want/need/hope that the Cowboys can pull out the win over the Steelers, I dont see the game being close at all, but I wouldnt use that game as the basis for determining the outcome of the game next week for the Giants.

If the Steelers don't win later on, I fully expect the Giants to get rolled in Dallas next weekend. What an embarassing performance today.

Nah man. If the Giants lose today they'll be pissed and Dallas hates playing physical teams. Whether they win or lose in Pittsburgh, their bodies aren't going to feel very good afterwards and they should be ripe for a Giants "response" ass-kicking.

Guest Vitamin X

Green Bay game plan: Don't score until at least the second quarter. Make sure to give up great field position with bad coverage and returning on special teams. Also ensure to give the other team 100 rushing yards- that'll ensure that they are taking time off the clock and letting our offense catch its breath. Also let the other team's receiver- not the #1 receiver, just some other guy- make all the plays so that we can at least claim we shut Terrell Owens/Bernard Berrian/Andre Johnson/STEVE SMITH.. Okay scratch the last one. Oh, and if Ryan Grant is averaging 5 yards a carry or more, never, EVER in your right mind consider giving him the ball. We must continue to throw 3 yard underneath routes on 2nd and 10 if we are to win this football game. Our motto here is to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Guest Czecherbear
I don't have the Bears game here! Giants/Eagles is on, for whatever the fuck reason.

Gay. Well, all you're missing here is that Maurice Jones-Drew is a miniature tank. Everyone else on that team is awful. Manning had a good return. Danieal Manning is faster than Devin Hester, but the rap on him was that he didn't have Hester's abilities to seek routes and shake off defenders. Since Lovie converted Hester to a receiver, he's lost those abilities. But yeah. It's a really blah game.

Nah man. If the Giants lose today they'll be pissed and Dallas hates playing physical teams. Whether they win or lose in Pittsburgh, their bodies aren't going to feel very good afterwards and they should be ripe for a Giants "response" ass-kicking.

The Giants have given up about 103 straight 3rd down conversions to the Eagles. They've gotten the life kicked out of them on both sides of the ball, and Philly doesn't have a fraction of the skills players that Dallas does. Ross and Jacobs both got hurt and as we've seen in their two losses, when the Giants can't control TOP, they lose badly. If Barber doesn't play again next week that actually hurts the Giants because then Dallas will just pass all game and there's no way we can cover TO, Williams, Crayton, Witten and whoever else without any kind of pass rush. I don't believe the Giants have put McNabb on his ass once this game and Romo is far more mobile. If Dallas wins today then can close within a game of the division title by winning at home, and I think that's exactly what will happen.

The Giants have given up about 103 straight 3rd down conversions to the Eagles. They've gotten the life kicked out of them on both sides of the ball, and Philly doesn't have a fraction of the skills players that Dallas does. Ross and Jacobs both got hurt and as we've seen in their two losses, when the Giants can't control TOP, they lose badly. If Barber doesn't play again next week that actually hurts the Giants because then Dallas will just pass all game and there's no way we can cover TO, Williams, Crayton, Witten and whoever else without any kind of pass rush. I don't believe the Giants have put McNabb on his ass once this game and Romo is far more mobile. If Dallas wins today then can close within a game of the division title by winning at home, and I think that's exactly what will happen.

So you think Dallas is winning today?

I don't think it's impossible for Dallas to beat the Giants, but I just think the Giants D-line will overmatch the Cowboy's O-line and Romo is prone to making mistakes under pressure in big games that mean a lot. Check out his career record in december and beyond.

As far as today's game goes, dude it's an NFC East division game. You know what crapshoots these can be from week-to-week. The Eagles are not a bad team, and whether their record shows it or not they are one of the most physical teams in the league, especially on defense.

Now that I've gotten over my disappointment in the Browns, I'm finding them more and more humorous every week.

40+ yard catch in bounds by Cleveland called out of bounds. Challenge? Nah

4th down Cleveland down 12 points w/ 8:00 to go. Go for it? Nah

I am 99 percent sure that the Cowboys cannot win the Division if they are tied with the Giants at the end of the season. The Giants need 1 more win and that would give them a first round bye. Cowboys have to finish a game better than the Giants to win the division. If they end up blowing HFA then you can get pissed.

Now that I've gotten over my disappointment in the Browns, I'm finding them more and more humorous every week.

40+ yard catch in bounds by Cleveland called out of bounds. Challenge? Nah

4th down Cleveland down 12 points w/ 8:00 to go. Go for it? Nah

What do you think of Espn reporting that the Browns are interested in bringing back Marty?

So you think Dallas is winning today?

I don't think it's impossible for Dallas to beat the Giants, but I just think the Giants D-line will overmatch the Cowboy's O-line and Romo is prone to making mistakes under pressure in big games that mean a lot. Check out his career record in december and beyond.

I think Pittsburgh should win, but I also thought the Giants should have no problem lighting McNabb up today. They didn't get a finger on him all game long. If Dallas wins in Pitt, I see no reason they wouldn't be able to handle the Giants at home next Sunday night. Dallas isn't as physical as Philly, but in pristine conditions I'll take their skill players over ours any day of the week especially if Jacobs is less than 100%. Ward and Bradshaw are relatively useless unless he softens up the 'D' first.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I don't have the Bears game here! Giants/Eagles is on, for whatever the fuck reason.

Gay. Well, all you're missing here is that Maurice Jones-Drew is a miniature tank. Everyone else on that team is awful. Manning had a good return. Danieal Manning is faster than Devin Hester, but the rap on him was that he didn't have Hester's abilities to seek routes and shake off defenders. Since Lovie converted Hester to a receiver, he's lost those abilities. But yeah. It's a really blah game.

Oh, I'm quite familiar with Jones-Drew. Get to see him twice a season against Indy. Very difficult guy to tackle. He's small and thick and fast.

..And did I not say last season that if Hester converted to WR, he'd get beat to shit by bigger, more physical secondaries, and by linebackers on those retarded bubble screens they always call for him. Leaving him the only recourse to bulk up to survive, thus losing even more speed, and rendering him useless as a return man and average as a receiver. Shame on them. Was it not good enough to have THE BEST RETURN MAN I'VE EVER SEEN???? That guy gets in kickers' heads, man! He completely changed the way opponents gameplanned on special teams!

The counterargument is that KR/PR have a short shelf-life. Teams eventually change their return coverage and kicking techniques, neutralizing the return man, and forcing teams to find new ways to get the guy in the game. Well here's a brilliant idea, HOW ABOUT YOU TAKE THE FASTEST GUY ON THE FIELD AND RUN A GOD DAMN FLY PATTERN??? Simplest thing in the world. Run straight up the field as fast as possible, and catch the ball. But no, he gets put there trips right when everyone on the defense knows they're throwing it to him. Dumb dumb dumb.

Eh, I'd prefer Billick but I wouldn't mind giving Marty a roll.

I hope thats some sort of sick joke that you want Brian Billick.

I will not accept Cowher but I'll take Billick. Yeah, it's desperation talking.

Look at those wacky Browns call a TO as Tennessee is about to score.

I'm not upset that the Giants lost. I'm upset that they got bludgeoned by a non playoff team for the second time this year. That late cosmetic TD aside this was a complete blowout. When a blocked FG return accounts for all of your "offense" on the day, that's not a good sign.

Also I really don't want the Cowboys to make the playoffs and the Falcons blowing one against the hapless Saints gives them the chance to jump into the 6 seed with a win today. That's the only team I'm afraid of coming into Giants Stadium and piling up the points against us, especially if the defense plays as poorly as they did today.

Yays. The lions managed to lose again.

Rome has to be relieved.

Exactly what I was about to say.

This loss all but clinches 0-16 for the Lions. Their D is gonna get ran off the field against Indy and New Orleans and Detroit hasn't won in Lambeau in about 17 years.

I have a question about HFA for the NFC. The winner of Monday Night Football will go to 10-3. Does anybody know the scenarios if Tampa or Carolina end the season tied with the Giants? I know that Carolina and the Giants play in 2 weeks. So the winner of that game should decide HFA if it comes down to those two tied.

Yays. The lions managed to lose again.

Rome has to be relieved.

and no doubt he'll express his relief via playing the same five soundbites ad nauseum