TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

TNA on the brink of mass talent exit

I'm a fan of Angle, Sting and Christian, but them leaving might be the best thing for TNA. It would almost force TNA to build their own wrestlers up again. A main event scene of Morgan, Abyss, Hernandez, Storm, Roode, AJ, Joe, a returning Daniels and throw in Booker and Rhino and it would be pretty entertaining. They might also have to go back to using the X-Division again and the Tag Team division better.

Morgan and Hernandez, if pushed properly, could easily draw. LAX as a tag team could be a major draw as well, especially in the Hispanic markets. Homicide has all the tools to be a credible main event guy. He's got charisma, can work circles around many, and can work the brawling style too. Pushing the two of them huge as a pair could benefit both, because then if they ever do the breakup, you've got a ready made, main event level feud.

I don't know that Abyss could ever be a draw. He's been there way too long and in too many shitty situations. Dare I compare him to Kane, or a JBL type, in that he's a credible upper level threat, but his days of bringing money in are behind him.

It's too bad Monty Brown didn't have his heart in the wrestling business, because there was a time where he could have been a saving grace for TNA. Imagine a world where Brown stayed put and continued to be built as a monster, while Joe came in and destroyed everyone in his path as he did in '05-'06. Brown vs. Joe would have been a legit huge drawing match for them.

Morgan and Hernandez, if pushed properly, could easily draw. LAX as a tag team could be a major draw as well, especially in the Hispanic markets. Homicide has all the tools to be a credible main event guy. He's got charisma, can work circles around many, and can work the brawling style too. Pushing the two of them huge as a pair could benefit both, because then if they ever do the breakup, you've got a ready made, main event level feud.

I like LAX but I liked them so much more with Konnan as their mouthpiece. IF Jarrett and Konnan could put their differences aside, a Konnan return would be the boost that LAX needs. And if they do split eventually, a main event Hernandez with Konnan as his mouthpiece would be money.

As far as Abyss, I pretty much gave up on him as well until I saw the promo he cut at Turning Point before his match with Kurt Angle. I didn't really hear many of his promos before but I thought it was tremendous. While obviously not on his level, that promo reminded me a lot of the Mankind promos around 1996. If Abyss lost some weight, went back to his black outfit, and was allowed to cut deranged promos like the one he did at Turning Point I think he could possibly draw.

His current and last angle angle with Judas Mesias make that silly angle with Sting look good.

TNA would be in bigger trouble if guys like Styles, Joe, etc. all left for WWE. To the average fan guys like Christian and Angle are WWE guys anyway. If I'm Vince honestly I wouldn't bother with Angle at this point. The guy is a ticking time bomb health wise. Going to TNA was the best thing for him to make money and work fewer dates.

It is imperative that they use these departing guys to put over the Frontline and do a decisive blowoff to the Main Event Mafia angle, or at least one where the MEM loses and gets pissed and tosses Angle, Sting, etc. and recruits new members.